The Morning After: Cowboys 38, Saints 17

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
You guys will only get angrier when you are let down. If you realize this team is still a flawed team it won't be as disheartening when the team fails later.

And I'm not saying they can't make the playoffs. But I highly doubt this is another 13-3, 12-4 run team.
If you are referring to us homers as the one who will get angrier, we don't get angry when they lose now . What's going to change. The folks that have the largest fits are the ones who can't stand to be thought of as a homer. Your assumption is erroneous.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
I would too but that doesn't seem too likely at this point.

That's what I was looking at last night. I read an article a couple of years ago that discussed backs who reached 400 carries in a season. None had productive years after doing so. Believe it was centered around Larry Johnson but it mentioned a few others (hasn't happened a lot) but it was 100% true.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Why do you feel compelled to temper how people feel about the team? Things look good...I'm going to enjoy the moment. I know you want to get ahead of this thing so you can say "I told you so", but in the meantime, go fuck yourself.
Pretty much how I feel. I'm gonna just coast until I'm let down again. I feel it's coming, but for now I will ride this excitement.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Of course.

They have Jason Garrett as a head coach.

Eventually, he is going to lose two-three games himself.
I don't see that happening this year. Play calling has been pulled for good and the new play caller is doing very damn well. He is left to do nothing but game manage, and so far he doing okay at it.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I don't see that happening this year. Play calling has been pulled for good and the new play caller is doing very damn well. He is left to do nothing but game manage, and so far he doing okay at it.
I didn't say shit about playcalling. I was talking about game management.

He still has no shown he is an NFL head coach in this regard.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
I have hope, but I'm not homering out. Dallas has beaten two shitty teams and a Saints team that doesn't look that good either.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I'm cautiously optimistic but I'd say we are probably only about 50/50 to make the playoffs right now. We'll see what happens but the absolute ceiling for this team in my opinion is 10-6, maybe 11-5 if things really go right, and a 2nd round exit.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I'm cautiously optimistic but I'd say we are probably only about 50/50 to make the playoffs right now. We'll see what happens but the absolute ceiling for this team in my opinion is 10-6, maybe 11-5 if things really go right, and a 2nd round exit.
Hey. That's my stance. You can't have it.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
The division is softer than it might seem. Philadelphia's OL is very suspect and New York and Washington are seriously flawed teams. Also, once SF started running the football Philly couldn't stop it.

I'll say it now. The only way Dallas misses the playoffs is if DeMarco Murray gets hurt. Hell, that might actually be a 50-50 chance, but somehow I think Murray is going to stay healthy.

Top Bottom