Bleacher Report Has Us at #18

lostxn

DCC 4Life
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2214338-nfl-power-rankings-week-5-predicting-post-monday-night-football-standings

18. Dallas Cowboys

A win over the New Orleans Saints is a positive step for the Dallas Cowboys, but there are still issues on the defensive side of the ball. New Orleans may not have been playing well enough to capitalize on the advantages, but good teams can hang big points on Dallas.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

I kind of call BS. We just pounded the #13 Team (the Saints). We should at least be in the top half of the league. Not that these polls mean much...

Carp

DCC 4Life
Fine by me...just keep grinding...we get too high up and drink the kool aid.

22cowboysfan22

Brand New Member
Bleacher Report has always sucked. Eagles at #7 is a joke, they looked terrible yesterday and would have been blown out if it hadn't been for the two special teams TDs. Patriots at #4 is absurd as well, their offense has been awful this year.

22cowboysfan22

Brand New Member
Bleacher Report has always sucked. Eagles at #7 is a joke, they looked terrible yesterday and would have been blown out if it hadn't been for the two special teams TDs. Patriots at #4 is absurd as well, their offense has been awful this year.
Like I said, Patriots #4 is absurd.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

Agreed, forever the underdog is a good strategy.

Hopefully Garrett doesn't let them get lackadaisical.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Others have us at 10 or 11.

I don't think people realized how significant that Philly game was. The Eagles can't pass, can't run, and were only in the game at all because of three Defensive/ST TDs. For some reason, Philly is ranked 6 or 7 by everyone.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Week Four power rankings

Posted by Mike Florio on September 30, 2014, 10:24 AM EDT

1. Seattle Seahawks (No. 1 last week; 2-1): Richard Sherman is even better than the bye.

2. Cincinnati Bengals (No. 2; 3-0): Winning at Foxboro on Sunday night will no longer be viewed as an upset.

3. Denver Broncos (No. 3; 2-1): The team they need to be most worried about in the AFC resides in the AFC West.

4. Arizona Cardinals (No. 6; 3-0): Nothing wakes up a dead nerve faster than a couple of great performances from Drew Stanton.

5. Baltimore Ravens (No. 7; 3-1): Steve Smith arrived as a luxury; he has become a necessity.

6. Philadelphia Eagles (No. 4; 3-1): For a team with almost no offensive line, they’re not bad.

7. San Diego Chargers (No. 8; 3-1): The Chargers are glad the Jets are sticking with Geno Smith for their visit to San Diego.

8. Detroit Lions (No. 12; 3-1): Sunday’s visit from Kyle Orton and the Bills is precisely the kind of game the Lions of recent years would have found a way to lose under current Buffalo defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz.

9. Green Bay Packers (No. 14; 2-2): For this week’s spelling bee, Aaron Rodgers will try “euonym.”

10. Indianapolis Colts (No. 16; 2-2): Thirty years after the Colts escaped in the night to Indy, Baltimore’s current team will announce its arrival by kicking down the door.

11. San Francisco 49ers (No. 17; 2-2): “Who’s got it better than us? According to unnamed sources, everybody!”

12. Atlanta Falcons (No. 9; 2-2): At this rate, offensive line coach Mike Tice will be suiting up to play.

13. Dallas Cowboys (No. 19; 3-1): Glitz, glamor, glory.

14. Houston Texans (No. 20; 3-1): Maybe J.J. Watt should play quarterback, too.

15. Pittsburgh Steelers (No. 10; 2-2): Mike Tomlin doesn’t like being known as a players’ coach. If Sunday’s performance continues, he may not be known as any kind of coach.

16. Kansas City Chiefs (No. 24; 2-2): The biggest question from last night’s romp is this — how in the hell did they lose to the Titans?

17. New Orleans Saints (No. 11; 1-3): At least Rob Ryan won’t be able to blame the lack of head coaching opportunities on his hairdo.

18. Chicago Bears (No. 13; 2-2): The Bears should petition the NFL to play all remaining games on the road.

19. New England Patriots (No. 5; 2-2): Tom Brady said he’ll retire when he sucks; when is the press conference?

20. Carolina Panthers (No. 15; 2-2): Giving up 75 points in two games isn’t quite the best way to win the division again.

21. Buffalo Bills (No. 18; 2-2): Quarterback change now, coaching change later.

22. Cleveland Browns (No. 22; 1-2): No Manziel news during the bye week was the best news the Browns could have gotten.

23. New York Jets (No. 21; 1-3): With games coming up against the Chargers, Broncos, and Patriots, the clock is ticking on Geno.

24. Miami Dolphins (No. 25; 2-2): Maybe Joe Philbin should refuse to commit to Ryan Tannehill every week.

25. New York Giants (No. 26; 2-2): Yep, being on the hot seat is the best thing that could have happened to Tom Coughlin and Eli Manning.

26. Minnesota Vikings (No. 29; 2-2): Sixteen years ago, a rookie receiver helped the Vikings pull off a win for the ages at Lambeau Field. Now, Teddy Bridgewater gets his chance to do the same thing. If he can play.

27. St. Louis Rams (No. 27; 1-2): Take a look at the next eight games on the schedule. The wheels are about to come off.

28. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (No. 32; 1-3): The quarterback of the past and the quarterback of the future still isn’t the quarterback of the present? Sure.

29. Washington (No. 23; 1-3): Robert Griffin III or Kirk Cousins? How about neither?

30. Tennessee Titans (No. 28; 1-3): Ken Whisenhunt says he may have overestimated his team. The rest of the world properly estimated them.

31. Jacksonville Jaguars (No. 31; 0-4): Shad Khan is showing far more patience with his football team than his soccer club.

32. Oakland Raiders (No. 30; 0-4): The bye week is favored by 9.5 points.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I don't get the philly love. They were down double digits in all 3 wins and could easily be looking at 0-4. Jacksonville is dreadful and had them on the ropes. SF dominated them with the exception of two ST scores.

It will all play out I guess, but I wouldn't put philly in the top ten right now. I don't see why they'd be ahead of SD or Detroit, for instance.

Carp

DCC 4Life
PFT has us at #13. We play this right and we may get to a BCS bowl.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I don't get the philly love. They were down double digits in all 3 wins and could easily be looking at 0-4. Jacksonville is dreadful and had them on the ropes. SF dominated them with the exception of two ST scores.

It will all play out I guess, but I wouldn't put philly in the top ten right now. I don't see why they'd be ahead of SD or Detroit, for instance.
It's an almost pathological need for continuity. Seattle is #1, despite San Diego having the same record and having beaten the Hawks.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Yup.

The less praise this team receives, the better. This week is exactly the type of game they drop because they start feeling too good about themselves after a solid win.

Let's see if this team is different.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Cowboys up to No. 10 in Power Rankings
September, 30, 2014

By Todd Archer | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas -- At 3-1, are the Dallas Cowboys for real?

According to a panel of 80 ESPN writers, editors and TV personalities, they just might be.

In the Week 5 Power Rankings, the Cowboys are No. 10, up eight spots from the previous week as a result of their 38-17 win against the New Orleans Saints. They are the sixth-best NFC team behind the Seattle Seahawks (No. 1), Arizona Cardinals (No. 4), Philadelphia Eagles (No. 6), Detroit Lions (No. 8) and San Francisco 49ers (No. 9).

After losing to the Niners in the season opener, the Cowboys dropped to No. 27 in the rankings.

This is the highest the Cowboys have been in the Power Rankings since Week 8 last year after they beat the Eagles 17-3 at Lincoln Financial Field. The last time the Cowboys were inside the Power Rankings’ top 10 was in Week 14, 2011 when they were 7-5.

A win Sunday against the Houston Texans (No. 13) could propel the Cowboys inside the top 10.

Where did I vote the Cowboys? I had them at No. 15. What’s keeping me from moving them up? Maybe the recent past. Are you sure they can be trusted?

Top Bottom