Jerry Jones: Mo Claiborne's initial diagnosis is torn ACL

lostxn

DCC 4Life
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000402742/article/jerry-jones-mo-claibornes-initial-diagnosis-is-torn-acl

The Cowboys' defense is far better than expected, but they might have lost a key player for the foreseeable future.

Embattled cornerback Morris Claiborne exited Sunday's 38-17 win with a knee injury and didn't return. Following the game, Jerry Jones told ESPN Dallas that the initial diagnosis for the nickelback is a torn ACL, but Claiborne will undergo more tests to confirm.

Dallas coach Jason Garrett was less revealing, only saying that the injury looks serious, but the team will know more Monday.

Claiborne's had a rough week. The 2012 first-round pick was benched following Orlando Scandrick's early reinstatement from suspension. After he received word of the demotion Tuesday, Claiborne bolted the Cowboys' facility, only to reconsider and return Wednesday.

Jones called Claiborne a disappointment, and it's hard to argue. He's been picked on all year, most notably by Austin Davis and the Rams.

Now, Claiborne might have to wait until the 2015 season to prove his critics wrong. In the meantime, fifth-year cornerback Sterling Moore replaces Claiborne in the slot.

The latest Around The NFL podcast recaps every game from Sunday, including Steve Smith's performance against the Panthers.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
That's too bad.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Dang, was really hoping he'd finally show skills that fooled everyone into believing he was the top defensive talent in the draft.

Jerry wasn't the only idiot, just the only one to trade up for him.

Last edited:

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
so there go the trade possibilities. thanks a lot, asshole.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Moore's big opportunity.

hstour

Brand New Member
Just came out. Torn Patellar tendon and he has gone to IR.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I hope bring in a couple near-the-end-of-the-road vets to give them a look. I'm thinking along the Asante Samuel lines. If they work out a couple of these types and don't like what they see, fine, but I wouldn't just be relying solely on Patmon and other practice squad types. I'm assuming they'll dig through the practice squads of the other teams around the NFL to see what they can come up with as well, but it would be nice to add a seasoned vet to the CB depth, IMO.

Last edited:

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Tony can stroke his ego.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I hope bring in a couple near-the-end-of-the-road vets to give them a look. I'm thinking along the Asante Samuel lines. If they work out a couple of these types and don't like what they see, fine, but I wouldn't just be relying solely on Patmon and other practice squad types. I'm assuming they'll dig through the practice squads of the other teams around the NFL to see what they can come up with as well, but it would be nice to add a seasoned vet to the CB depth, IMO.
I'd rather have Terrell Thomas...and Mitchell is on the Bears PS, so we could sign him.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I'd rather have Terrell Thomas...and Mitchell is on the Bears PS, so we could sign him.
Sure. I'd like to see them take a shot on Thomas. I'm not sure Mitchell is going to the someone they bring back. Apparently he didn't leave on the best of terms. Supposedly got picked on/yelled at a lot by the coaching staff and didn't take it too well. That's why he bolted for Chicago's practice squad rather than accepting a position on Dallas'.

That said, I'm sure he'd come back for the huge bump in paychecks for being on the active roster if his phone rings.

Last edited:

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Who cares...he sucks.

He had terrible form on the play where he got injured last night.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Did Dunta Robinson sign with anyone? He'd be interesting too.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I don't think they do a lot more than go in house.

We will not sign a veteran guy.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I'm good with Patmon, but I don’t like Pellerin being the safety net.
Same boat. But it would be cool to see a saavy veteran pick up. Not thrilled with guys like Bailey or Thomas, but then again I have not studied who else is out there.

Top Bottom