The Great Police Work Thread

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
That does show that he just got her clear of the desk not across the room.

He was wrong regardless. So many things about this is so sad.....

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
There would be outrage without the toss.
Yep. If he had instead pushed her against the wall to cuff her, the mantra would be, "Does this warrant him slamming her face against the wall?".

Cotton

Staff member
But does it surprise you? Parents suck ass now and don't think their kids should be held accountable because they don't do it their damn selves.
But but but, it's child abuse! #NoMore

Jiggyfly

Banned
She was moved four feet, stop acting like he body slammed her through a wall and kicked out her teeth. We're not talking about an excessive act of violence, we're talking about a guy arresting someone in a somewhat clumsy and unskillful manner.
I never said anything like that or insinuated it.

Stop acting like refusing to get out of a desk is arrest worthy.

Cotton

Staff member
If he had used proper procedure there would be no reason to complain and even if this in a bar it would not be proper procedure, tossing somebody across the room is never proper procedure.
If he had tazed her, he would have been following procedure. Would that have been easier for you to swallow?

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I never said anything like that or insinuated it.

Stop acting like refusing to get out of a desk is arrest worthy.
It is arrest worthy. You don't get to just refuse to go when the police order you to leave. You're essentially saying she had a right to do whatever she wanted in that classroom and no one has the right to tell her to leave.

Jiggyfly

Banned
That does show that he just got her clear of the desk not across the room.

He was wrong regardless. So many things about this is so sad.....
She ended up on the other side of the room this not where it ended.

Jiggyfly

Banned
It is arrest worthy. You don't get to just refuse to go when the police order you to leave. You're essentially saying she had a right to do whatever she wanted in that classroom and no one has the right to tell her to leave.
since when is refusing to leave a classrom arrest worthy?

This happens all the time in schools and students are not arrested they are suspended and or sent to alternative school.

Hell even getting into a fight does not warrant an arrest every time.

Cotton

Staff member
My bad your right every student should be tazed or taken down when not complying.
Hey, it's their procedure, not mine, and you seem to be saying if he followed procedure you would be okay with this. So, in turn, you would be okay with her being tazed instead of physically removed from her chair.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
My bad your right every student should be tazed or taken down when not complying.
You evaded the question. I'll answer it though, pain compliance is using a joint lock or manipulation or pressure point, usually. Essentially, departmental policy was that he should have twisted her arm until she complied.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
So, let's get clear. No arrest. No touching. No tazing.

What is the proper Jiggyfly endorsed method to get someone to comply to the rules?

Jiggyfly

Banned
Hey, it's their procedure, not mine, and you seem to be saying if he followed procedure you would be okay with this. So, in turn, you would be okay with her being tazed instead of physically removed from her chair.
No it's not school procedure, you don't taze somebody to get them out of a classroom.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
No it's not school procedure, you don't taze somebody to get them out of a classroom.
From the article you posted:

A memo of the results of the department's investigation says deputies, in instances where the suspect is in a seated position and is nonthreatening, are trained to use "tactical communication to try to talk them into compliance." If that fails, deputies can use "pain compliance techniques," but aren't supposed to "throw or push away a suspect" unless the person is trying to harm them.
I don't expect you to read everyone's posts, but try to keep track of your own.

Cotton

Staff member
It's his department's policy, though. And he is working for the sheriff's office here, not the school. The school is just his assignment.

Cotton

Staff member
So, let's get clear. No arrest. No touching. No tazing.

What is the proper Jiggyfly endorsed method to get someone to comply to the rules?
He should have like talked to her more.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
He should have like talked to her more.
God forbid any actual schoolwork be done in that classroom. Let's all stop everything and cater to the asshole with the attitude problem. That's what I hated about teaching. 5% of the kids would make up 99% of my stress level. It's not even that "kids are out of control" it's just one or two asshole kids per class that really shouldn't be in school.

Top Bottom