NBA Chatter Thread

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
[MENTION=6]1bigfan13[/MENTION]

They tried to like hell to give it away, but OKC finally managed to close out a game against a top team.

It wasn't without controversy, and they should've been called for the offensive foul, but they got the type of win they so desperately needed. Let's see if they can build on it.
That was a crazy ending. I figured a full collapse was imminent when Ibaka fouled Aldridge on that three point attempt.

I don't want to hear Spurs fans crying about the final sequence because the bottom line is even though Waiters pushed off they still got possession of the ball with 12 seconds to play. In those 12 seconds they completely botched a 3 on 1 fastbreak and Mills airballed a wide open three pointer.

They can't put this one on the refs, they simply failed to execute during that final sequence.

Jiggyfly

Banned
That was a crazy ending. I figured a full collapse was imminent when Ibaka fouled Aldridge on that three point attempt.

I don't want to hear Spurs fans crying about the final sequence because the bottom line is even though Waiters pushed off they still got possession of the ball with 12 seconds to play. In those 12 seconds they completely botched a 3 on 1 fastbreak and Mills airballed a wide open three pointer.

They can't put this one on the refs, they simply failed to execute during that final sequence.
I agree, if all you can get is an airball 3 after all of that, it's your own fault.

Also there never would have been a push off if Ginobili was giving 3 feet to the inbounder as he should have.

data

Forbes #1
Wat Steph curry did in the last 8 min of the game last night was amazing. Looked like he wasn't even trying. Like a freakin 1980s video game with game genie where you jump backwards and wiggle your joystick in midair and dudes facing the wrong basket from half court and swish.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Such a good game...this Spurs/OKC game is what makes playoff basketball great...at times.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Looks like age is finally catching up with S.A., They can still win this series but no way they beat G.S.

D

Deuce

Scott Skiles resigned.

That was out of nowhere.
I would be pretty disappointed if I were a Magic fan. They didn't have a great year overall, but he gave them a tougher mentality and Gordon blossomed under him. But this has to do with petty nonsense between him and Hennigan and Hennigan's love for Elfrid Payton who regressed.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I would be pretty disappointed if I were a Magic fan. They didn't have a great year overall, but he gave them a tougher mentality and Gordon blossomed under him. But this has to do with petty nonsense between him and Hennigan and Hennigan's love for Elfrid Payton who regressed.
I figured something like that would come out.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Looks like age is finally catching up with S.A., They can still win this series but no way they beat G.S.
Yea....finally.

It seemed like those guys would never get old, but it looks like that toke had finally come.

All the guys that made up the big 3 for SA all look like the old guys they were supposed to be 3 or 4 years ago.

It was a great run, but it's over now.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah very dumb and unfortunate. I'd really like to see the Magic good again. If for no other reason then I loved watching them when I was a child and Shaq was there.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Skiles is a dick...always has been. His offense is prehistoric and he has a very hard time playing young players. He has no idea how to coach in today's game. He also was behind moving Tobias Harris twice.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Marjanovic game translates well to the NBA...not something you see from a Special Olympian.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Very surprised that OKC closed out the Spurs like that, I'm disappointed that we didn't get to see Spurs/Warriors but it seems the Spurs ran out of gas and probably wouldn't have given the Warriors too tough of a test.

If Westbrook/Durant go nuts 4-5 times in the series you never know but at this point I'd say Warriors in 6.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I had OKC in 6 over the Spurs. They're just a tough matchup for the Spurs. Always have been. The Spurs had no answer for OKC's bigs

I hope OKC sticks with their guns and stays with the Kanter-Adams combo for long stretches against the Warriors. We can't out-small ball them so we need to play to our strengths which is our size and athleticism along the front line.

D

Deuce

Skiles is a dick...always has been. His offense is prehistoric and he has a very hard time playing young players. He has no idea how to coach in today's game. He also was behind moving Tobias Harris twice.
That may have been true at past stops, but I saw them play uptempo a bit this year to take advantage of the team athleticism. As for Harris, Skiles doesn't want guys who can't play D and since he had the highest value it made sense to move him.

Jiggyfly

Banned
The biggest revelation of the OKC series to me was what they are getting from Waiters, he looked under control and made some nice plays.

They can use him for some nice stretches against Klay and free up Westbrook from handling the ball.

Carp

DCC 4Life
That may have been true at past stops, but I saw them play uptempo a bit this year to take advantage of the team athleticism. As for Harris, Skiles doesn't want guys who can't play D and since he had the highest value it made sense to move him.
So he traded for 2 guys who can't play D. Jennings and Ilyasova are regular Bill Russell's.

D

Deuce

So he traded for 2 guys who can't play D. Jennings and Ilyasova are regular Bill Russell's.
Well what they got in return is on Hennigan. This whole breakup is because they couldn't agree on the type of players Skyles wanted. Obviously there has been a disconnect for a while and that's just more proof of it.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I think the Raptors do enough to win today's game 7, but I'd love to see Miami play Cleveland.

These Miami fans have been begging for a shot at Lebron in the playoffs for a couple of months now. My neighbors on both sides are huge Heat homers.

I'd love to see it happen just so I can LOL at them as they're being swept out of the ECF.

Top Bottom