QB Is Not An Option, Your Pick

QB Is Not An Option, Your Pick

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I am putting it out there. Get Elliott we have the 2014 offense back again. Real RB keeps Romo from harm's way.

Who cares if 4 is too high for a RB. If you are in "win now" mode, then you take the player who can transform the whole team. Not just suck up a starting job and a roster spot.

Sorry, McFadden scares nobody. Get that mojo back again where we are going to effing run it down your throat and there is not a damn thing you can do about it.
I hear you, but I trade down to do that. There will be options to get down to 8-10.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
I picked Elliott. Buckner was the other guy I considered because our DTs are dog shit, but it's a deeper class at DT than RB. And, in my opinion Ezekiel Elliott is custom built for our offense. He fits it to a "T".

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Read the first post in the thread.

That is not in the rules.
I picked Jaylon Smith under your rules.

In reality where those rules don't exist, I see your point but I'd trade down to accomplish it. Getting a potential 6 year player would be mitigated if it came with a high second that turns into Jarran Reid or Andrew Billings.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I picked Elliott. Buckner was the other guy I considered because our DTs are dog shit, but it's a deeper class at DT than RB. And, in my opinion Ezekiel Elliott is custom built for our offense. He fits it to a "T".
Every RB is custom built to run behind our line. Out of curiosity, of the people who think Elliot is "special," what are those qualities that are elite? I see a nice well rounded back, but he looks like what we see every year. This isn't AP or even Gurley in terms of physical talent.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I picked other, because I'm taking a QB.

Your silly rules don't apply to me.

GShock

DCC 4Life
Our D line, heck defense in general is such hot garbage. Needs all over the place.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
At some point if you are drafting this high really great players have to be able to outperform there role in a scheme to help elevate the team. That is the description of a transcendent player is it not? I think most agreed that JJ Watt would be a really good player, did anyone think he would become what he did? I don't get a great sense for Bosa or the kid from Oregon that way.
When I watched Emmitt Smith college video I saw something special and I wanted to draft him. I felt the same about Chris Johnson, can't help he turned bad later, but he was amazing for a while. I don't feel as strongly about Zeke as those 2, but other than QB at 4, I feel I feel better about a trade down and grabbing him and getting more picks than anything any of the others can bring right away.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Our D line, heck defense in general is such hot garbage. Needs all over the place.
The D-line at least has some young pieces.

Lawrence is 23 yrs old and coming into his own. Potential double digit sack guy next year. Gregory is an elite physical talent who should be coming into his own this year if he can stay off weed. David Irvin is a 22 year old who has flashed potential. At 6'7" 273 lbs there is a lot to work with there. Crawford is 26 years old and a very good player. Ryan Russel was a rookie with very good size but raw talent who basically got redshirted.

So there are some young pieces there. The problem is none of them are of the 300+ pound variety. Which sucks.

Rev

Staff member
The D-line at least has some young pieces.

Lawrence is 23 yrs old and coming into his own. Potential double digit sack guy next year. Gregory is an elite physical talent who should be coming into his own this year if he can stay off weed. David Irvin is a 22 year old who has flashed potential. At 6'7" 273 lbs there is a lot to work with there. Crawford is 26 years old and a very good player. Ryan Russel was a rookie with very good size but raw talent who basically got redshirted.

So there are some young pieces there. The problem is none of them are of the 300+ pound variety. Which sucks.
All of those guys have enough question marks that I'm not comfortable with.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
All of those guys have enough question marks that I'm not comfortable with.
All young players have question marks. It's a building process. I mean if you draft Bosa and he has a 3 sack rookie year. Do you write him off and say, well too many questions now. Lawrence had zero sacks as a rookie but we knew he had talent and continued and trusted in the development process.

It wouldn't stop me from drafting someone but the potential is there. Again, my biggest concern is that not a single one of those guys is a 300 lb guy. That's my real concern. The 300 pound guys on our D-line last year are a list of names that are either shit or people most of us would be surprised were on the roster.

Rev

Staff member
Well the question marks aren't play related for 2 of them. Back surgery and drug issues can put you out of the league.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well the question marks aren't play related for 2 of them. Back surgery and drug issues can put you out of the league.
Players have surgery every offseason. I see no reason to be panicking about Lawrence. That's just overreacting. Especially for a 23 year old who didn't miss any game time.

Gregory is a concern but again, the league is filled with these suspensions every year. If Gregory had legal troubles like Josh Gordon did I would be more concerned.

Rev

Staff member
Players have surgery every offseason. I see no reason to be panicking about Lawrence. That's just overreacting. Especially for a 23 year old who didn't miss any game time.

Gregory is a concern but again, the league is filled with these suspensions every year. If Gregory had legal troubles like Josh Gordon did I would be more concerned.
If you don't think a back surgery that even the cowboys were surprised by is not a concern then I don't know what to tell you. Back issues are not something to take lightly. If it was anywhere else I wouldnt bother but the position he plays requires a lot of leverage. You go ahead and categorize it with a minor scope, though. You can tell me about the xrays.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you don't think a back surgery that even the cowboys were surprised by is not a concern then I don't know what to tell you.
I've said this before. You can't take half of a statement as true and pretend like the other half is false or didn't happen. In the same statement by the Cowboys they said they have no concerns with this type of injury going forward. And expect him to participate in OTAs.

So if you believe the first part of the Cowboys statement you have to believe the second part. If you don't believe they have any idea what they are talking about on the second part, how the hell can you believe they have any idea what they are talking about on the first part? It's selective hearing at it's best.

You know who else had back surgery? Rob Gronkowski. Prior to putting up a couple of monster seasons. And yes he blocks as a TE and take a beating elsewhere.

Last edited:

Rev

Staff member
I've said this before. You can't take half of a statement as true and pretend like the other half is false or didn't happen. In the same statement by the Cowboys they said they have no concerns with this type of injury going forward. And expect him to participate in OTAs.

So if you believe the first part of the Cowboys statement you have to believe the second part. If you don't believe they have any idea what they are talking about on the second part, how the hell can you believe they have any idea what they are talking about on the first part? It's selective hearing at it's best.
Doesn't change anything. Back surgeries are a concern. Drug issues are a concern with a guy that has failed 4 tests in one year. A guy with a handful of plays hasn't shown anything other than hope. That's a lot of concerns to me to just say we have young guys there. Pass up what a lot of people rank as one of the top 2 or 3 players in the draft.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Doesn't change anything. Back surgeries are a concern.
He missed 0 games. It's a ridiculous concern at this point.

Gregory has a shit ton of talent. The positive test is definitely a concern. But he is only 1 piece to the puzzle. Granted probably the most physically talented piece we have on the roster. I'd do whatever it takes to baby sit him so that it doesn't happen again. It would be worth it.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Doesn't change anything. Back surgeries are a concern. Drug issues are a concern with a guy that has failed 4 tests in one year. A guy with a handful of plays hasn't shown anything other than hope. That's a lot of concerns to me to just say we have young guys there. Pass up what a lot of people rank as one of the top 2 or 3 players in the draft.
Depends on the issue with the back. Some problems are chronic but treatable. Others are damaging and will only deteriorate.

Top Bottom