Combine Stuff...

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Braxton Miller > Will Fuller
I like Braxton too. Nice hands, great athlete, good size. There is some talk that Braxton could go in the late first. So I guess him and Fuller are probably projected in that same area that would require our high second rounder.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
QBs are throwing. No surprise, Wentz throws hard and the ball gets on the WR's quicker then they are used to. Looks real good but you can see why sometimes receivers drop his balls.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
Some of these quarterbacks that were projected to be first round material at one pt are pretty shotty. Hackenburg, Kessler

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Some of these quarterbacks that were projected to be first round material at one pt are pretty shotty. Hackenburg, Kessler
Hackenburg's another overjoyed QB in my opinion. He has the benefit of the media via being a Penn State athlete.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Kessler just has a sally arm. Lynch and Wentz are just in such a different class throwing the ball compared to the rest of their group.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I still don't think that Fuller is a 1st round pick but after watching him, I'd be on board with him in the 2nd. He's still really skinny for his height but he must have been working on his hands and he ran faster than I thought he would. On top of that, like Mayock said, he's got long speed and a second gear once he gets out in the open field.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I think that's taking it too far. It's why I never agree with this box stuff. I'd take him at some point. But it's just a question if it is a seventh rounder, first rounder, or somewhere in between.
If he really fell through the rounds, I would be fine with him anywhere from the fourth through seventh. If you're going to draft a guy you consider to be a project, which Dallas has done time and again, a guy with top ten pick potential would be well worth it if he fell that far. I've watched his entire career and even though his talent is well documented, I don't think he's hit his ceiling yet.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If he really fell through the rounds, I would be fine with him anywhere from the fourth through seventh. If you're going to draft a guy you consider to be a project, which Dallas has done time and again, a guy with top ten pick potential would be well worth it if he fell that far. I've watched his entire career and even though his talent is well documented, I don't think he's hit his ceiling yet.
Yeah fourth is where Lattimore went. If the injury is really that scary then I think that is the area you probably look for him to go as well. Although Jaylon started as a higher rated prospect. To me our second and third this year should be highly likely to be future starters.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Hackenburg's another overjoyed QB in my opinion. He has the benefit of the media via being a Penn State athlete.
That's absolutely untrue. When is the last time a Penn state QB got hyped? Kerry Collins 20 years ago? Hackenberg was a legitimate prospect who unfortunately got horrible coaching the past two years.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Yeah fourth is where Lattimore went. If the injury is really that scary then I think that is the area you probably look for him to go as well. Although Jaylon started as a higher rated prospect. To me our second and third this year should be highly likely to be future starters.
I feel that way about anyone in rounds one through three, regardless of injury status, as long as they aren't chronically injured. That's one thing about Smith, he doesn't have an injury history like some of the players we've drafted in recent years like Lee. The potential nerve damage is worrisome but if it checks out, he's easily worth a fourth round pick even if he has to sit a year. I think taking him anywhere after the fourth is a no brainer given his potential. He's got the physical capabilities that even if they're somewhat diminished will still be worth it, good character and a good head on his shoulders.

FWIW, Sorry to be so ND-centric but it's really the only program whose players I feel qualified to speak on.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Goff and Wentz both looked good, didn't change my opinion at all, Wentz ran a little slower than I expected, Goff maybe a little faster. Wentz is like a lower middle class man's version of Cam or Luck in terms of athleticism, a bit better than "poor man's" but obviously not their equal, which is fine.

You could see why Lynch is more of a project than Goff or Wentz but if we trade down and end up taking him around 10-15, I'd be perfectly fine.

If we go WR in the 2nd I'd prefer Doctson to Fuller.

I also think all this talk of being worried about Goff's frame is absolutely comical. I mean yea, you'd like the guy to add about 10 lbs but people talk about him like he's 200 lbs. Connor Cook is like 5 lbs heavier, nobody talks about his "frame" and Goff is a year or two younger, Eli was about 220 at the Combine too. All this talk just smacks of people having too much time to evaluate a guy and finding relatively inconsequential things to bitch about. The hand size thing makes sense if you're Cleveland and playing in the conditions more but even that is overblown I think.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
That's absolutely untrue. When is the last time a Penn state QB got hyped? Kerry Collins 20 years ago? Hackenberg was a legitimate prospect who unfortunately got horrible coaching the past two years.
Its true that its my opinion.:art And I said athlete not just QB.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Its true that its my opinion.:art And I said athlete not just QB.
I don't know what year it is in your world, but if anything Penn state players even in general are far from overhyped. How many Penn state players have gone in the first round lately? Even very good pro players like Lee, Bowman and Robinson weren't 1st rounders.

Opinions can be wrong too.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I don't know what year it is in your world, but if anything Penn state players even in general are far from overhyped. How many Penn state players have gone in the first round lately? Even very good pro players like Lee, Bowman and Robinson weren't 1st rounders.

Opinions can be wrong too.
That's right.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You could see why Lynch is more of a project than Goff or Wentz but if we trade down and end up taking him around 10-15, I'd be perfectly fine.
I thought those 3 looked a lot closer then I expected. Lynch to me looked a lot closer to Wentz thenWs expecting. I was really impressed the way he was nailing those corner routes. Wentz footwork is better but the gap isn't as wide as I thought. Beyond that those 3 just looked like they were in a different class then the rest of the QBs. I'd be thrilled with any of the 3.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Billings has looked great, there is no way he makes it past 20.

Clark has looked good as well he would make a great 1.

The temple kid has looked good he would be Golden Cock 2.0

Bosa looked pretty stiff and his 40 was disappointing.

Buckner looks very Fluid I could see him as a SDE in a 4-3.

Sheldon Day is not making it out of the 2nd, it's going to be interesting to see when the run on DT's start.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Shaq Lawson just ran a 4.73 forty. At 270 lbs. Wow.

Top Bottom