Archive - Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well that sounds ... horrible.
Here is the actual quote:

“He did something that was obviously a lot worse than what he was having. We were somewhat surprised that it was what it turned out to be,” Jones said. “We thought it might be something a little less significant but it’s nothing that we have concerns about going forward.”

I love when they manage to quote just enough to panic people and leave out the other really important part.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Here is the actual quote:

“He did something that was obviously a lot worse than what he was having. We were somewhat surprised that it was what it turned out to be,” Jones said. “We thought it might be something a little less significant but it’s nothing that we have concerns about going forward.”

I love when they manage to quote just enough to panic people and leave out the other really important part.
I love it when our idiot leadership says they are "not worried".

We should have seen enough stupidity with them about injuries and prognosis, I wouldn't trust a damn thing what they think.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Does this organization ever decisively do, uh, anything?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I love it when our idiot leadership says they are "not worried".

We should have seen enough stupidity with them about injuries and prognosis, I wouldn't trust a damn thing what they think.
That's fine but then you shouldn't go into panic mode by what they said either.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
That's fine but then you shouldn't go into panic mode by what they said either.
I am not in panic mode. I don't want to go apeshit and draft a DE because we "need" one.

I am not taking Bosa just because. I actually would prefer to get a couple of DTs that can control the interior of the line of scrimmage versus getting some guy that can be single blocked by a decent tackle and pushed out of the play.

A pass rush does not mean you have to have the edge alone. Good pass rushes are a product of edge and interior pressure.

The pressure we have inside sucks. We have Crawford who has never been much and Hayden who offers zero. That's where we are at.

That won't stop the idiots running things from doing otherwise.

Just pointing out that it is pretty likely.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just pointing out that it is pretty likely.
Maybe, but it likely has nothing to do with the Lawrence surgery. Stephen Jones also sounded like with Gregory the real concern is that we will miss him for 4 games, and less worried that we now need a new RE. It could just be that Stephen doesn't know what the hell is going on but he didn't seem worried about DE at all.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Interchangeable safeties again....
They are like, versatile.

Nevermind ensuring they learn one job, one role and execute it well.

Jones would probably be further along now if he could work at one thing. And they are still indecisive about it.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
I am not in panic mode. I don't want to go apeshit and draft a DE because we "need" one.

I am not taking Bosa just because. I actually would prefer to get a couple of DTs that can control the interior of the line of scrimmage versus getting some guy that can be single blocked by a decent tackle and pushed out of the play.
I get what you're saying but did you watch Bosa play? I don't watch a ton of college football but I catch most of the Buckeyes games. Bosa was often double and even triple teamed. I know the nfl is different but that is a far cry from being blocked by a decent tackle

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I get what you're saying but did you watch Bosa play? I don't watch a ton of college football but I catch most of the Buckeyes games. Bosa was often double and even triple teamed. I know the nfl is different but that is a far cry from being blocked by a decent tackle
I am open minded on Bosa. But factor in he was usually against right tackles in the Big 10, that factors in too.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

dallen

Senior Tech
why

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am open minded on Bosa. But factor in he was usually against right tackles in the Big 10, that factors in too.
I get the double and tripple teamed argument but I think it gets exaggerated. We heard the same thing with Clowney and his stank ass performance his last year in college. It seems to just be a very convenient excuse for not impressive numbers. And like with Clowney, some of the guys who have gotten that excuse have fallen flat on their face in the NFL.

College offenses just aren't sophisticated enough in my opinion to be doubling and tripple teaming a guy on every play. The percentage of the total snaps he is double or tripple teamed is still probably very low.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I wonder if some team was starting to inquire about him. Seems a little late and I don't know if there are any available spots with teams.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Yeah, Bosa scares me. I would be desperately seeking a trade down if he's otherwise the obvious pick.

Frankly unless I'm taking a QB, I want to trade down.

Bosa... Meh, someone else will give us something for him and he's not enough of a dominant player to pass up extra picks. If Tunsil fell, I'd certainly consider him, as he's the best player in the draft but you figure someone else might want him too. Myles Jack and Jalen Ramsey have the athleticism but not the production on paper to shout "Hall of Fame defender" at you, which is what you should be aiming for if you're picking defense fourth overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom