PFT: Photos of Greg Hardy domestic assualt victim emerge

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
What's so outrageous about suggesting he paid her? That it's illegal?

Well good point, we know Greg Hardy would never break the law.
Because it's unenforceable and she would have him even more by the balls. Basically she could take the money and turn around and testify against him or she could threaten to turn him in for witness tampering and basically get whatever she wants. It's why people don't do it and it's why Hardy didn't do that. So what would the money accomplish? Nothing would be the answer.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me

some say he never paid her. some say he never hit her. some say he hit her but she provoked it. some say he paid her to drop the threat of a civil suit and it was just a wacky coincidence that they couldn't locate her for the criminal trial. some say he's paid a steep price and has been "punished" enough. the difference between this place and the Zone gets narrower by the day.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
you can pay her not to show up, which is exactly what happened.
:lol

And if she shows up for court what happens? He can't get the money back. He has now committed an additional crime. Maybe you pay for things that get you absolutely nothing in return but I'm guessing that Hardy's attorney was a bit smarter then that.

From my experience as a criminal defense attorney there are two main reasons that someone doesn't want to testify in this type of case. They either 1. have fallen back in love with the abuser or 2. they are afraid of what will come out if they take the stand. Considering evidence that she was doing drugs that night has already come out, odds are she disappeared because she didn't want to have to take the stand and testify about that type of stuff. Which is probably why the prosecuting attorney didn't pursue it further (In the state of Missouri the prosecutor can actually get a warrant for a witness who refuses to show up to testify, I'm guessing they have a similar situation in NC).

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
some say he paid her to drop the threat of a civil suit and it was just a wacky coincidence that they couldn't locate her for the criminal trial
Your lack of understanding of basic legal concepts is astounding.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I know there was some physical altercation that night but the level f violence she claims and the injuries pictured don't add up.

If he choked her ass hard as she claims why were there no injuries to her neck and if he slammed her arm with the toilet seat where is all of that bruising?

She even admitted in her testimony that Hardy's manager caused the marks on her arm.

And why did she run from the cops when she saw them?

I am not saying Hardy has no culpability but looking at the overall case and injuries the narrative that he beat just does not add up.

As for the question of the payyoff it's all right here.

I did find this part interesting.

Victims and witnesses routinely stop cooperating in domestic-abuse cases and prosecutors still take the cases to court. Murray, though, said the Hardy case was different. He also appeared to raise doubts about Holder’s credibility in a statement to the judge.

But other details also raised unanswered questions about prosecutors’ handling of the case. Hardy’s defense team announced an appeal of his conviction before leaving court in July. But Murray said prosecutors only “recently” had compared what Holder told police the night of the alleged assault with her testimony at Hardy’s first trial.
Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/latest-news/article10422650.html#storylink=cpy

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
:lol

And if she shows up for court what happens? He can't get the money back. He has now committed an additional crime. Maybe you pay for things that get you absolutely nothing in return but I'm guessing that Hardy's attorney was a bit smarter then that.

From my experience as a criminal defense attorney there are two main reasons that someone doesn't want to testify in this type of case. They either 1. have fallen back in love with the abuser or 2. they are afraid of what will come out if they take the stand. Considering evidence that she was doing drugs that night has already come out, odds are she disappeared because she didn't want to have to take the stand and testify about that type of stuff. Which is probably why the prosecuting attorney didn't pursue it further (In the state of Missouri the prosecutor can actually get a warrant for a witness who refuses to show up to testify, I'm guessing they have a similar situation in NC).
why are we dealing in hypotheticals? the bribe obviously worked. not paying her any kind of compensation was not a realistic option, and a settlement was less risky than advancing to a civil trial, where the burden of proof is substantially lower. so paying her and no probation (because she did a runner) > paying her and almost assuredly probation (once jury takes a gander at the pics). Hardy's attorney was shrewd indeed.

Jiggyfly

Banned
some say he never paid her. some say he never hit her. some say he hit her but she provoked it. some say he paid her to drop the threat of a civil suit and it was just a wacky coincidence that they couldn't locate her for the criminal trial. some say he's paid a steep price and has been "punished" enough. the difference between this place and the Zone gets narrower by the day.
You need to read this about the payoff because you are dead wrong.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/latest-news/article10422650.html

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

Read the thread, it's been said over and over.

In addition to what CRock said, it would be absolutely retarded for Hardy to do it. Why? Because he was charged with a misdemeanor and sentenced to probation. In other words, NO JAIL TIME. Even if he lost his appeal. But if he paid her to not testify, he'd be risking SERIOUS JAIL TIME.

Would YOU risk serious jail to get out of probation? Of course not. Only a retard would. You might think hardy is retarded, but I guarantee his lawyer isn't.

townsend

Banned
I know there was some physical altercation that night but the level f violence she claims and the injuries pictured don't add up.

If he choked her ass hard as she claims why were there no injuries to her neck and if he slammed her arm with the toilet seat where is all of that bruising?

She even admitted in her testimony that Hardy's manager caused the marks on her arm.

And why did she run from the cops when she saw them?

I am not saying Hardy has no culpability but looking at the overall case and injuries the narrative that he beat just does not add up.

As for the question of the payyoff it's all right here.

I did find this part interesting.

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/latest-news/article10422650.html#storylink=cpy
I was wondering about the bruising. For some pale chick it doesn't look that bad, it looks like she took a mean spill on a mountain bike. Nothing that lasted more than a few weeks.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I was wondering about the bruising. For some pale chick it doesn't look that bad, it looks like she took a mean spill on a mountain bike. Nothing that lasted more than a few weeks.
The thing I've found most interesting is that there really wasn't any bruising or marking on her neck that would indicate choking. That's what most people find to be the really horrific part about her story because that's what she claims she thought she was going to die.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
HAI GUYZ ROGER STAUBACH SAID SO

Roger Staubach roots for Cowboys, not for Greg Hardy

Posted by Mike Florio on November 10, 2015, 11:32 AM EST

For Cowboys fans struggling with supporting the team and also supporting Greg Hardy, a Hall of Fame quarterback has provided an alternative: Support the team, don’t support Hardy.

“I’m rooting for the Cowboys, I don’t root for him,” Roger Staubach told USA Today. “I’m still rooting for the Cowboys. I’m not a Hardy fan.”

Obviously, Staubach isn’t a Hardy fan because of the alleged domestic violence incident that resulted in a 10-game suspension that was reduced to four.

“We know what he did,” Staubach said. “I’ve got a wife and four daughters and I’ve got 12 granddaughters. I would go ballistic if anybody touched any of our daughters or granddaughters in a harmful way. I’m not that forgiving for anybody that commits domestic violence.”

Staubach also is concerned that Hardy eventually will be involved in another alleged domestic violence incident.

“It just seems like that particular problem, unless you really get a lot of help, you just don’t overcome it,” Staubach said. “You’ve got to get help. It’s not just, ‘Hey, I did this, it won’t happen again.’ It happens again. . . . It’s a worrisome deal when someone hits a woman. Hopefully that someone is getting help to never do it again.”

Staubach also refuses to separate Hardy’s actions off the field with his recent on-field confrontation with special-teams coordinator Rich Bisaccia.

“It just seems like the incident on the field, knocking the clipboard out of the coach’s hand, you can talk about passion, but you also have to talk about common sense on the field,” Staubach said of Hardy. “He is still a mixed bag as far as if he is really sincere about the past, making sure it never happens again.”

Although the Cowboys blindly have defended Hardy throughout his various incidents, there was a weariness in owner Jerry Jones’ voice when he was talking about the situation after Sunday night’s loss to the Eagles. Part of that may have been the product of a six-game losing streak. Part of it may have been that Jones is starting to realize that no amount of polish is going to make Hardy into something other than what he is.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
:picard :lol

okay, Matlock. cling to your fantasy world.
So he paid her to do something that in no way could he enforce. That makes perfect sense. Please feel free to send me a large sum of money for nothing in return.

Jiggyfly

Banned
the article clearly implies that he paid her to skip town. not sure how that hurts my case.
Yet the police knew all about a payment and did nothing.

I guess you are just going to keep ignoring the fact that what you are claiming is illegal and not what actually happened.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Because he clearly didn't bribe her and you're living in a really shitty episode of Law and Order.
How is it clear he didn't bribe her? Because you think it wouldn't make sense?

The Charlotte DA's office said they had "reliable information' he paid her off. Why do you think they said that, they made it up?

What is you guys' theory on why she suddenly refused all contact with the DA's office?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The Charlotte DA's office said they had "reliable information' he paid her off. Why do you think they said that, they made it up?

What is you guys' theory on why she suddenly refused all contact with the DA's office?
Um, first of all if they had reliable information that he paid her off, he would have been charged with witness tampering. That's pretty simple. But where did you see the DA's office say that?

I've been the defense attorney on many domestic assault cases. It's actually extremely common for someone like Holder to not want to continue with the case or cooperate. Someone like her that is into drug use really opens herself up for attack on the stand. She may have even gotten money from Hardy as part of a civil lawsuit. Not hush money, but money to settle the civil case which is likely all she cared about from the very beginning.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Give me a break. We all know crimes happen all the time that aren't prosecuted because the DA knows it doesn't have enough evidence to win the case.

Besides, you admit he may have paid her not to pursue a civil case against him. Why wouldn't that be hush money? It's a distinction without a difference.

Do I know for a fact he didn't pay her off? No, I don't. But neither do you guys know for a fact he didn't.

Top Bottom