TV Thread

Jiggyfly

Banned
Anybody watch this?

Monsters inside me.

After watching a couple of these you will be washing your hands and food constantly.

I never knew it was so much nasty stuff out there and so easy to get.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Oh, fuck no.

Jiggyfly

Banned
B.D. Wong to play Hugo Strange on Gotham
By Danette Chavez
Oct 30, 2015 1:30 PM

Gotham has already introduced a surfeit of villains for pre-Batman to not battle, so there’s nothing odd about the news that one of the Caped Crusader’s oldest foes has been added to the mix. USA Today reports that B.D. Wong (Jurassic World, Law & Order: SVU) will be doing some more weird science as Hugo Strange. As a “brilliant professor and psychiatrist,” he’ll treat the criminally insane well as experiment on them for nefarious purposes, because Ph.D.s don’t have take the Hippocratic Oath. Professor Strange (as he’s sometimes known in the comics) will reportedly run the underground lab at Indian Hill, which [spoilers, maybe?] is actually a division of Wayne Industries. And with that, the show has really driven home the whole “Batman created the bad guys” theme.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Gotham casts House Of Cards’ Nathan Darrow as its Mr. Freeze
By Danette Chavez
Oct 28, 2015 1:30 PM

Gotham season two is all about the villains, so Fox has just cast one of Batman’s most famous foes (even if the two will probably never face off on the show). The network announced via press release Wednesday that House Of Cards’ Nathan Darrow has joined the cast as Victor Fries a.k.a Mr. Freeze (a.k.a The Refrigerator).

Darrow will have a recurring role as Fries, who is one of Gotham’s most prominent cryogenic engineers. Although he “struggles to make meaningful connections” with most people, he bears an intense love for his terminally-ill wife, Nora. That passion will push him past his ethical bounds in his efforts to put her in some kind of cryo-stasis before her disease can progress, because love makes monsters of us all, Barbara.

Fox’s statement was bereft of n-ice puns, possibly because Gotham’s executive producer, Danny Cannon, pledged last year to “reinvent” the character and ensure that his story is in keeping with the “credible” nature of the show. Cannon will reportedly use his years of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation experience to lend more authenticity to the story of a madman who attempts to freeze his wife and parts of the city.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I stopped watching Hannibal in the final season after a couple of episodes after it was announced to be cancelled. Before erasing it from the DVR, decided to finish it off.

It is just starting the Red Dragon phase and it is still of the finest quality. It too bad an artistic show like this can never last on network TV.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
But they did finish Hannibal
Fuller had planned on 4 or 5 seasons, he just rewrote s3 after he found out they were canceled so if he couldn't revive the show on some other network fans wouldn't be left hanging.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
The show became someone's play pen for creative dabbling to the extent that the storyline was hopelessly lost.

Carl

RIP Brother
Anybody watched Mr Robot?

A very weird yet interesting show, very surreal.

I would not call it great but worth view if you like strange, the acting pulled off something that should have been laughable.

And Portia Doubleday has grown up nicely, I predict big things in her future.
I watched it. Some episodes were very good; others not so much.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I’m only about an hour into this week’s Walking Dead….what a huge let down compared to the last two weeks.

When I get home this evening, should I even bother watching the last 30 minutes?

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I liked last night's TWD.
Getting backstory to explain things is nice, and seeing how and why Morgan transformed was cool. I liked that they showed where he got the rabbits foot, Goo Goo Cluster, and bullet he placed on the alter of Gabriel's church. It can't always be 100 mph. The slower episodes make the faster ones that much better.

D

Deuce

I liked last night's TWD.
Getting backstory to explain things is nice, and seeing how and why Morgan transformed was cool. I liked that they showed where he got the rabbits foot, Goo Goo Cluster, and bullet he placed on the alter of Gabriel's church. It can't always be 100 mph. The slower episodes make the faster ones that much better.
There are slow episodes and then there was last night. It was a bunch of little scenes they could have cut into flashbacks a regular episode but needed a filler episode.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I’m only about an hour into this week’s Walking Dead….what a huge let down compared to the last two weeks.

When I get home this evening, should I even bother watching the last 30 minutes?
No, I missed the first 20 minutes or so and I'm pretty sure that I'm good never seeing them.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Maybe they should hire Micheal Bay to do the next episode of The Walking Dead so we can get some serious mindless drivel going on that some seem to love so much.

Last night's episode was outstanding.

Top Bottom