Woman Confronting Man at Walmart Using Food Stamps

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
:lol

That had to be so awkward for the cashier.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
It's best to shame the poor, so that they know their place. I think that's in Two Corinthians.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
To be fair I think they both sound like idiots. I'm not a big fan of either.

2233boys

Not So New Member
To be farier, If you are being shamed by a person (irrationally) in front of your children you may get a little defensive.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
To be farier, If you are being shamed by a person (irrationally) in front of your children you may get a little defensive.
Defensive I understand, but the things he is specifically saying make him sound like a D-bag. I feel bad for all of their children for having to sit through this.

At the beginning I think she is actually talking to her own child, just very loudly. He then jumps in because she is clearly talking about his use of foodstamps.

Last edited:

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Defensive I understand, but the things he is specifically saying make him sound like a D-bag. I feel bad for all of their children for having to sit through this.

At the beginning I think she is actually talking to her own child, just very loudly. He then jumps in because she is clearly talking about his use of foodstamps.

I honestly didn't listen to all that he said. I realize that welfare in on another level due to the stigma of possibly not doing your fair share. The thing is that we ALL take full advantage of tax benefits on other levels, right? The middle classes, upper class and lower class all look for loopholes. I'm not surprised at all.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I honestly didn't listen to all that he said. I realize that welfare in on another level due to the stigma of possibly not doing your fair share. The thing is that we ALL take full advantage of tax benefits on other levels, right? The middle classes, upper class and lower class all look for loopholes. I'm not surprised at all.
Well yeah, if you have a problem with foodstamps blame the government and the program, not the individual. If the government was willing to give me a free home, free food and not take any taxes from me I'd be a fool not to accept that. That would be a problem with the government not the individual receiving the benefit.

2233boys

Not So New Member

I get that. I am sure he was angry.

I would never treat another person like that, and she is teaching her child to be an asshat too.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Well yeah, if you have a problem with foodstamps blame the government and the program, not the individual. If the government was willing to give me a free home, free food and not take any taxes from me I'd be a fool not to accept that. That would be a problem with the government not the individual receiving the benefit.
Agree. The system is flawed.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Anyhow, the woman seemed like a giant jerk face.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
The same system that gives away foodstamps, phones, subsidized housing, and welfare is the same system that creates loopholes for the ultra-rich and corporations.

Fuck that system.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Even if you felt like blaming the individual, I took food stamps for a month, but I paid taxes before and after that and I get precious little benefit from the taxes I pay most of the time. She doesn't know how long that guy has been on food stamps or how much in taxes he paid before getting that benefit or how much he'll pay if he gets a better job. I've heard of people in the depression letting their kids starve because they were too proud to accept charity, I have a lot more problem with someone doing that than taking some food stamps.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I definitely don't like to wait in line behind someone who's checking out two buggies full of groceries and paying for it with their EBT card. It's plain to see that they are eating much better than I am most of the time.

My mother was on food stamps for a short time when we were kids, though, and I remember her being terribly ashamed to have to use them.

There is no shame today. Get whatever they'll give you.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
The same system that gives away foodstamps, phones, subsidized housing, and welfare is the same system that creates loopholes for the ultra-rich and corporations.

Fuck that system.
Still when it is all sifted down the majority of the taxes paid comes from the wealthy. Capitalism cannot exist without wealth.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I definitely don't like to wait in line behind someone who's checking out two buggies full of groceries and paying for it with their EBT card. It's plain to see that they are eating much better than I am most of the time.

My mother was on food stamps for a short time when we were kids, though, and I remember her being terribly ashamed to have to use them.

There is no shame today. Get whatever they'll give you.
If you pay taxes and don't take the benefits it makes as much sense as the government forcing you to get car insurance and then insisting that you pay for the damage yourself when you have a wreck. I don't give a shit if people have 'shame' or not. 40% of the food produced in this country is thrown away, most of it when it's still good. I'd rather some poor people eat it.

IMO, you could be a lot more efficient if you encouraged the stores to donate all that food to a local food bank with tax credits, but I'd still rather my tax dollars pay for food stamps than another damned war in the middle east.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Even if you felt like blaming the individual, I took food stamps for a month, but I paid taxes before and after that and I get precious little benefit from the taxes I pay most of the time. She doesn't know how long that guy has been on food stamps or how much in taxes he paid before getting that benefit or how much he'll pay if he gets a better job. I've heard of people in the depression letting their kids starve because they were too proud to accept charity, I have a lot more problem with someone doing that than taking some food stamps.
I'm not against food stamps at all. I just wish that the church would get off their asses and do their duty rather than leave it to the government and then bitch.

Top Bottom