2016 POTUS Election Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiggyfly

Banned
The issue isn't whether it was common knowledge that she had a personal server rather what prohibitive correspondence was received and transmitted on her personal server. There are strict rules regarding classified correspondence and what level of security is required for these type servers. Personal servers do not have clearance for most classified documents. This has been at the heart of the subpoena, FOIA, and document production requests for months now. What was the status of the documents that were transmitted on.this server? Still waiting on some.
Finally you are right and none of that has been determined which is why no hearings have been delayed and nothing criminl has been brought out.

The FOIAS is from a public entity it has no bearing on the investigation.

Documents have been produced and they are trying to get more.

Why are you not as concerned with Trumps legal problems?

His fraud case is pending at the moment as well, do you not think that has a bearing on his presidential run?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
For someone who has done all of this you sure have been very wrong on the actual machinations of the case.

Everything you have said has been an extrapolation of things you want to see happen.

You have thrown around the word criminal so many times with nothing to back it up.

I bet you cannot even state what you think she has done that would be punishable.

Because just having a private server does not reach those heights.
I haven't said she has done anything. Tell me what I want to see happen.

Last edited:

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Finally you are right and none of that has been determined which is why no hearings have been delayed and nothing criminl has been brought out.

The FOIAS is from a public entity it has no bearing on the investigation.

Documents have been produced and they are trying to get more.

Why are you not as concerned with Trumps legal problems?

His fraud case is pending at the moment as well, do you not think that has a bearing on his presidential run?
Didn't say FOIA s caused delays or problems for investigations. Your mind works overtime . Tell me about Trumps fraud problems.

Last edited:

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Didn't say FOIA s caused delays or problems for investigations. Your mind works overtime . Tell me about Trumps fraud problems.
It's a lawsuit over Trump University being a sham that claimed to provide education but didn't.

townsend

Banned
At the starting gate: Clinton leads Trump by double-digits

At the starting gate: Clinton leads Trump by double-digits

Indianapolis (CNN)As Donald Trump captures the mantle of presumptive Republican nominee, a new poll finds he begins his general election campaign well behind Democratic front-runner Hillary Clinton.

The new CNN/ORC Poll, completed ahead of Trump's victory last night, found Clinton leads 54% to 41%, a 13-point edge over the New York businessman, her largest lead since last July.
Clinton is also more trusted than Trump on many issues voters rank as critically important, with one big exception. By a 50% to 45% margin, voters say Trump would do a better job handling the economy than Clinton would.
READ: The complete CNN/ORC Poll results
Almost 9 out of 10 voters in the poll called the economy extremely or very important to their vote for president, outranking any other issue tested in the poll.
Clinton has the edge on a range of other issues. She is more trusted than Trump on terrorism (50% Clinton to 45% Trump), immigration (51% to 44%), health care (55% to 39%), the income gap (54% to 37%), foreign policy (61% to 36%), education (61% to 34%) and climate change (63% to 30%).
Overall, voters are evenly split on their opinion of Clinton -- 49% see her favorably and the same share unfavorably. But a decidedly larger group (56%) see Trump unfavorably than see him favorably (41%).
Trump's path to the GOP nomination became clearer after his win in the Indiana Republican primary Tuesday led to his primary rival, Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, to drop out of the race. While Clinton lost Indiana to her primary rival, Sen. Bernie Sanders, the former secretary of state has a broad lead among delegates.
RELATED: Donald Trump: Presumptive GOP nominee; Sanders takes Indiana
Trump and Clinton would be the most disliked major party nominees in CNN's polling dating back to 1992, with only two other candidates meriting less than 50% favorability heading into the election -- Mitt Romney was 44% in April 2012 and Bill Clinton was viewed positively by 42% of voters in April 1992.
Asked why they back Clinton or Trump, most of those behind each candidate say their preference in the matchup is more about opposing a candidate than supporting one. Among Clinton supporters, 51% said their choice was mostly about opposing Trump and 57% of Trump supporters said they went with him because they don't want Clinton in the White House.
CNN Politics app
Few in the poll say they feel well-represented by the government in Washington, 24% say they feel very or somewhat well represented, with Democrats (35%) more likely to feel that way than Republicans (10%). Among Democrats who back Sanders, 39% say they are not represented, more than double the 18% of Clinton supporters who say the same. Among those Republican voters who back Trump, 64% say they are unrepresented by the government vs. 55% among those who favored another GOP candidate.
Although Trump and Sanders supporters both tend to feel less well represented, there isn't much overlap between Sanders' supporters in the primary and Trump voters in a hypothetical general election matchup with Clinton. Just 10% of Sanders' primary backers say they would back Trump in a Clinton-Trump hypothetical head-to-head. That's about the same as the share of Clinton backers who say they would vote Trump in a Sanders-Trump matchup (11%).
Clinton trails by 7 points in a hypothetical general election matchup with Trump's one remaining competitor for the GOP nod, Ohio Gov. John Kasich. But her final opponent, Sanders, performs better than her with the remaining two Republicans, beating Trump by 16 percentage points and Kasich by 4 percentage points.
The poll surveyed 1,001 adults, including 890 registered voters, between April 28-May 1 with a margin of error of plus or minus 3.5 percentage points for results among registered voters.
http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/04/politics/hillary-clinton-donald-trump-poll-general-election/

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
You guess wrong.

Just pointing out that what you said about her admitting to covering something up was wrong.

I guess you did not want the actual facts, you did seem to be asking a question.
That's interesting. You have it figured out and have all the facts but apparently the FBI doesn't. You are one amazing guy. Do you do all that from the comfort of your computer or do you have a team of investigators?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It just fucking scares me that the last men standing in the race for the leader of this nation is a corrupt cunt, a millionaire lout without a lick of common sense and a Jewish grandpa who wants to tax the shit out of everyone.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
It just fucking scares me that the last men standing in the race for the leader of this nation is a corrupt cunt, a millionaire lout without a lick of common sense and a Jewish grandpa who wants to tax the shit out of everyone.
Makes Mitt Romney and John McCain look downright desirable.

townsend

Banned
Makes Mitt Romney and John McCain look downright desirable.
The good news is that things with Iran may have normalized to a point that Hillary won't push us into a war with them. I think if Hillary or McCain had been pres in 09 we might very well be several years into a US/Iran conflict.

Jiggyfly

Banned
That's interesting. You have it figured out and have all the facts but apparently the FBI doesn't. You are one amazing guy. Do you do all that from the comfort of your computer or do you have a team of investigators?
I have said several times I have no idea what will come out of these investigations.

But that does not change the facts that she has not admitted to covering anything up which is what you were saying.

I don't have anything figured out but it's readily evident I know more than you.

2233boys

Not So New Member
No it's not common knowledge that those things happened and it's why this debate needs to happen.

The only thing that is know is that she had a personal server, she never hid this from anybody.
She actually did hide it from the American people. It didn't come out that she used a private server until last year.

There are accusations she used it to get by the Freedom of Information act. I don't know how you prove that.

I really think in the end it will end up with nothing happening to her, but is casts more shade on her as a politician.

2233boys

Not So New Member
Indianapolis (CNN)As Donald Trump captures the mantle of presumptive Republican nominee, a new poll finds he begins his general election campaign well behind Democratic front-runner Hillary Clinton.

The new CNN/ORC Poll, completed ahead of Trump's victory last night, found Clinton leads 54% to 41%, a 13-point edge over the New York businessman, her largest lead since last July.
Clinton is also more trusted than Trump on many issues voters rank as critically important, with one big exception. By a 50% to 45% margin, voters say Trump would do a better job handling the economy than Clinton would.
READ: The complete CNN/ORC Poll results
Almost 9 out of 10 voters in the poll called the economy extremely or very important to their vote for president, outranking any other issue tested in the poll.
Clinton has the edge on a range of other issues. She is more trusted than Trump on terrorism (50% Clinton to 45% Trump), immigration (51% to 44%), health care (55% to 39%), the income gap (54% to 37%), foreign policy (61% to 36%), education (61% to 34%) and climate change (63% to 30%).
Overall, voters are evenly split on their opinion of Clinton -- 49% see her favorably and the same share unfavorably. But a decidedly larger group (56%) see Trump unfavorably than see him favorably (41%).
Trump's path to the GOP nomination became clearer after his win in the Indiana Republican primary Tuesday led to his primary rival, Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, to drop out of the race. While Clinton lost Indiana to her primary rival, Sen. Bernie Sanders, the former secretary of state has a broad lead among delegates.
RELATED: Donald Trump: Presumptive GOP nominee; Sanders takes Indiana
Trump and Clinton would be the most disliked major party nominees in CNN's polling dating back to 1992, with only two other candidates meriting less than 50% favorability heading into the election -- Mitt Romney was 44% in April 2012 and Bill Clinton was viewed positively by 42% of voters in April 1992.
Asked why they back Clinton or Trump, most of those behind each candidate say their preference in the matchup is more about opposing a candidate than supporting one. Among Clinton supporters, 51% said their choice was mostly about opposing Trump and 57% of Trump supporters said they went with him because they don't want Clinton in the White House.
CNN Politics app
Few in the poll say they feel well-represented by the government in Washington, 24% say they feel very or somewhat well represented, with Democrats (35%) more likely to feel that way than Republicans (10%). Among Democrats who back Sanders, 39% say they are not represented, more than double the 18% of Clinton supporters who say the same. Among those Republican voters who back Trump, 64% say they are unrepresented by the government vs. 55% among those who favored another GOP candidate.
Although Trump and Sanders supporters both tend to feel less well represented, there isn't much overlap between Sanders' supporters in the primary and Trump voters in a hypothetical general election matchup with Clinton. Just 10% of Sanders' primary backers say they would back Trump in a Clinton-Trump hypothetical head-to-head. That's about the same as the share of Clinton backers who say they would vote Trump in a Sanders-Trump matchup (11%).
Clinton trails by 7 points in a hypothetical general election matchup with Trump's one remaining competitor for the GOP nod, Ohio Gov. John Kasich. But her final opponent, Sanders, performs better than her with the remaining two Republicans, beating Trump by 16 percentage points and Kasich by 4 percentage points.
The poll surveyed 1,001 adults, including 890 registered voters, between April 28-May 1 with a margin of error of plus or minus 3.5 percentage points for results among registered voters.
http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/04/politics/hillary-clinton-donald-trump-poll-general-election/
Real Clear Politics has her average over the last several weeks at 6.

Dukakis was ahead of Bush I by almost 20 in the summer.

She's damaged goods.

Almost Twice as many people are independent as democrat. She has a favorable rating at 20 with them.

She loses consistently across all demographics in the under 45 demographic.

Older Party Whores, aren't going to help her win the presidency.

I think the election will be a coin flip like in 2000. Trump or Clinton will only be a one term President.

townsend

Banned
Trump or Clinton will only be a one term President.
This I agree with, or more pointedly I think Clinton gets beaten by young slick Paul Ryan. Pretty much the effect that put her Husband in office will take her out of it. She'll be the aging out of touch insider, and democrat fatigue will have set it by 2020. Of course the Republican base is getting older every day, who knows how many live to 2020.

2233boys

Not So New Member
This I agree with, or more pointedly I think Clinton gets beaten by young slick Paul Ryan. Pretty much the effect that put her Husband in office will take her out of it. She'll be the aging out of touch insider, and democrat fatigue will have set it by 2020. Of course the Republican base is getting older every day, who knows how many live to 2020.
That is one of my biggest fears of her getting elected (aside from that she will take us to war in heartbeat). She isn't going to be a two term president, and her ego is so large she wouldn't step aside to let another run in 20. If she win's I will do everything I can to see she faces a primary challenge in 2020.

By that time you are right though it could be to late the Damage of another Clinton presidency could destroy the democratic party. Which may not be a bad thing.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
By that time you are right though it could be to late the Damage of another Clinton presidency could destroy the democratic party. Which may not be a bad thing.
It's funny because the Republicans and Democrats in sort of in similar situations. A Trump Presidency could do serious damage to the Republican party, a Clinton Presidency could do serious damage to the Democratic Party and yet a win for either person basically shows how doomed the opposite party is.

Jiggyfly

Banned
That is one of my biggest fears of her getting elected (aside from that she will take us to war in heartbeat). She isn't going to be a two term president, and her ego is so large she wouldn't step aside to let another run in 20. If she win's I will do everything I can to see she faces a primary challenge in 2020.

What do you see Hillary doing so much different from her husband and Obama.

How is she going to destroy the democratic party?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom