PFT: Photos of Greg Hardy domestic assualt victim emerge

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
From Albert Breer on the latest Hardy flap:

1) The truth about Hardy's latest incident. A few weeks back, we detailed how Greg Hardy's issues with tardiness (or even just showing up) have affected his time as a pro and college football player. And so it should hardly come as a surprise that, once again, in the face of adversity, an inability to get himself in on time with the rest of the workforce created an issue. But this particular one -- as FOX first reported, last week, he came in late Thursday and missed morning meetings -- is a little different than the others, and might shed some light into why he's been such a challenge for those around him to handle. After Hardy's social-media mishap on the preceding Wednesday, he was summoned (again) by Cowboys coach Jason Garrett to talk about his behavior. His feelings coming out of the meeting explain why he didn't show up on Thursday morning. Hardy told others in the organization he was humiliated after messing up again, apprehensive about facing his teammates in the aftermath and needed the extra time to "get his mind right." After arriving at the facility, he and veteran linemate Jeremy Mincey sat down for a 15-minute man-to-man, and they went deep into the sordid recent past of Hardy. "In the end, no one knows the truth [about the domestic incident of 2014] except the people who were there," Mincey told me. "We can all speculate and say it was this or it was that. I just know he's working hard on being a better person. We had a heart-to-heart -- I know he feels like the world's against him." Mincey advised Hardy to "keep yourself out of harm's way. And remember, they [the public] can do and say whatever they want to do or say." Part of this, of course, is what the Cowboys signed up for -- a high-maintenance player who once vanished on his college team, and who basically needed a chaperone making sure he got to work in his early pro years. But there are still those in Carolina who root for him, and those in Dallas who believe things aren't quite as so many on the outside see them. "He has great intentions," Mincey continued. "We're trying to give him a good support system. I believe in him as a man: He's strong-willed and strong-minded. And the things he wants to get accomplished, he can get accomplished. He just needs to start looking at things from a positive perspective, and all these things will start falling away, and eventually he'll be forgiven by people." The end result of the tardiness: a fine for Hardy, and continued hope that this will finally be the time that he gets the message.

dallen

Senior Tech
Mincey seems like an OK dude

Top Bottom