2015 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Alabama and LSU are both really good teams. I din't think anyone can argue that.

One of the Big 12 teams will probably be in the mix one we get down the stretch.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If LSU wins this weekend, you won't have to worry about Alabama the rest of the year. If Bama wins, I can see LSU only dropping to 4 and both make it in.
I think you would eventually see LSU drop down just outside of the top 4. Might not be until championship weekend but once an undefeated Ohio State/Michigan State/Iowa beats the other undefeated it will boost them above a team like LSU.

Or we may see LSU or Alabama lose again. There is just so much time left. I mean when is the last time you saw college football end with 3 undefeated teams from major conferences? Just doesn't happen. It's too hard to win all of your games even with a relatively easy schedule.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Alabama and LSU are both really good teams. I din't think anyone can argue that.

One of the Big 12 teams will probably be in the mix one we get down the stretch.
The winner of the Big 12 will make the playoffs unless they all somehow manage to give each other 1 loss. Same for the ACC more then likely and same for the Big Ten (I think someone comes undefeated out of this conference since all the undefeated teams don't play each other).

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
It is what it always is with the SEC. Ultimately no matter what one SEC team will make the playoffs. These early rankings are always a joke. Look at last year. They had 2 SEC teams in the top four as well. Neither of which made the playoffs or proved to be very good teams. Right now it is as much an Alabama bias as anything.
Last year they actually had 3 SEC teams (Auburn, Ole Miss, Miss St.) in the top 4. Ultimately none of the 3 teams in the initial rankings made the final cut.

Last edited:

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
The winner of the Big 12 will make the playoffs unless they all somehow manage to give each other 1 loss. Same for the ACC more then likely and same for the Big Ten (I think someone comes undefeated out of this conference since all the undefeated teams don't play each other).
Don't sleep on Notre Dame. If they run the table I think they definitely get in.

D

Deuce

I think you would eventually see LSU drop down just outside of the top 4. Might not be until championship weekend but once an undefeated Ohio State/Michigan State/Iowa beats the other undefeated it will boost them above a team like LSU.

Or we may see LSU or Alabama lose again. There is just so much time left. I mean when is the last time you saw college football end with 3 undefeated teams from major conferences? Just doesn't happen. It's too hard to win all of your games even with a relatively easy schedule.
Ohio St is already in the top 4 and so it doesn't change much. If they get knocked out, whichever Big 10 team that does survive will replace them.

The Big 12 winner may end up like last year where they're in before Championship week and then they get left out cause of the extra game...a scenario I'm hoping for yet again.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It was about this time last year when I espoused the media Bama whores were out in full force. Here they are again. Can anyone say that this isn't a realistic assessment. They are a one loss team so why wouldn't you put a one loss team ahead of them that defeated them? Short answer. They are Bama whores and pimps.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It was about this time last year when I espoused the media Bama whores were out in full force. Here they are again. Can anyone say that this isn't a realistic assessment. They are a one loss team so why wouldn't you put a one loss team ahead of them that defeated them? I know old's miss is a 7-2 team but if they were a one loss team or if the take the conference do you think they will matter? Short answer. They are Bama whores and pimps.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It was about this time last year when I espoused the media Bama whores were out in full force. Here they are again. Can anyone say that this isn't a realistic assessment. They are a one loss team so why wouldn't you put a one loss team ahead of them that defeated them? Short answer. They are Bama whores and pimps.
This is an inadvertent screw up. Double posting.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
They are a one loss team so why wouldn't you put a one loss team ahead of them that defeated them? Short answer. They are Bama whores and pimps.
They got beat by Ole Miss, who has 2 losses? I'm confused.

I'm not really sleeping on Notre Dame but I think when championship weekend comes they will be really hurt in the rankings. I don't really get them either. What great teams of they played and beaten? Hell Pitt next weekend may be the second best team they have played all year and the other one is Clemson who they lost to.

These human rankings are kind of bullshit though. The eyeball test is just a bullshit cop out for someone to say why they have Alabama or another SEC team at the top. When they started to explain other parts of their decision they talked about win's over teams above .500. But if that was the case they would have Iowa too high so they then go to this eye test thing, that is something that can't be questioned because it isn't justified in the first place.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

I'm not really sleeping on Notre Dame but I think when championship weekend comes they will be really hurt in the rankings. I don't really get them either. What great teams of they played and beaten? Hell Pitt next weekend may be the second best team they have played all year and the other one is Clemson who they lost to.

These human rankings are kind of bullshit though. The eyeball test is just a bullshit cop out for someone to say why they have Alabama or another SEC team at the top. When they started to explain other parts of their decision they talked about win's over teams above .500. But if that was the case they would have Iowa too high so they then go to this eye test thing, that is something that can't be questioned because it isn't justified in the first place.
It's a hypothetical. I acknowledged Old Miss had 2 losses but even if they had no losses some of the media were trying to promote Bama being in the top 4.

D

Deuce

They get minimal flack for the Clemson loss because currently Clemson is the #1 ranked team in their poll and it was only by 2 points. USC will go down as a quality win for Notre Dame too considering they might win the conference and if they don't, Stanford will and that'll be another win for Notre Dame.

Plus, it's Notre Dame. No way they will ever be left out if they are on the bubble.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
They get minimal flack for the Clemson loss because currently Clemson is the #1 ranked team in their poll and it was only by 2 points. USC will go down as a quality win for Notre Dame too considering they might win the conference

So a 5-3 USC team is now being considered a big win? A team with a lame duck head coach who was fired? I mean seriously? That's the big star on Notre Dame's resume that makes them a top team even with a loss? Now I get if they win out they will have wins over Stanford and Pitt but the committee doesn't look ahead. They only look at the games played and the quality of those teams. It's kind of a joke Notre Dame is ranked where they are. Also why do you think USC is likely to win their conference? They don't even lead their half of the Pac-12 as it is and even if they somehow overtake Utah and UCLA, they still need to beat Stanford in the championship game.

D

Deuce

So a 5-3 USC team is now being considered a big win? A team with a lame duck head coach who was fired? I mean seriously? That's the big star on Notre Dame's resume that makes them a top team even with a loss? Now I get if they win out they will have wins over Stanford and Pitt but the committee doesn't look ahead. They only look at the games played and the quality of those teams. It's kind of a joke Notre Dame is ranked where they are. Also why do you think USC is likely to win their conference? They don't even lead their half of the Pac-12 as it is and even if they somehow overtake Utah and UCLA, they still need to beat Stanford in the championship game.
They lost their coach due to his personal issues, not because they were underachieving.

I didn't realize USC had 2 conference losses, though. I thought they were tied and had the tiebreaker over Utah.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
They lost their coach due to his personal issues, not because they were underachieving.

I didn't realize USC had 2 conference losses, though. I thought they were tied and had the tiebreaker over Utah.
No but USC was clearly underachieving because their head coach was drunk going to games and practices and had to be asked to leave at different times. Kind of takes away from beating that team a little.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Does family of a player have to abide by NCAA regulations?

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Does family of a player have to abide by NCAA regulations?
Pretty sure they do otherwise the player in question could just "give" family members all kinds of stuff to sell

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Pretty sure they do otherwise the player in question could just "give" family members all kinds of stuff to sell
Good, then hopefully Fournette falls to us in the draft.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom