Eagles Stuff...

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I still think we win. We're better at pretty much every position.
I look to the OL for the answer. They did not control the Philly DL Thanksgiving and we were thrashed. Not having Bryant negates our biggest would be advantage as their secondary is awful. The defense would be a lot better if Gregory weren't hurt too.

townsend

Banned
I look to the OL for the answer. They did not control the Philly DL Thanksgiving and we were thrashed. Not having Bryant negates our biggest would be advantage as their secondary is awful. The defense would be a lot better if Gregory weren't hurt too.
If I could wish back one player for this game it would be Gregory. I think the not ready for prime time receivers will be able to move against that crap secondary.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
As long as we can get a consistent running game going, I think we are fine. Our secondary played pretty well against the Giants and the Eagles passing attack does not scare me at all. Demarco Murray may have a field day against us, but they will have to put up points to keep up with our offense. Even without Dez.

Hopefully the O-Line can keep Fletcher Cox in check because he's been a terror to us. He can take over the game if he continues to get pressure up the middle on us.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
As things stand currently, for Dallas the game could be won or lost with McFadden. If he is used and can be effective the time of possession and ball control swings on the Dallas side. He will be needed to make plays to move the chains. I think the passing game for Dallas will be hindered because Philly will be able to keep a one one coverage in effect. Randle will be fairly steady but I can't see long bursts happening for him in this game. Making 6 to 8 yard rushes will be necessary to keep the ball out of Philly's hands.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The game plan for Philly is pretty simple. Jump on us early and force the pass. They may end up blitzing a lot more than usual if that is the case.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
They're not favored in this game. Right now, Dallas is a 5 pt dog.
Because for whatever reason the media can't seem to fellate Chip Kelly enough and that alters the perception of how good the Eagles are.

If Philly is favored at all it should be by 3 to represent HFA.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The game plan for Philly is pretty simple. Jump on us early and force the pass. They may end up blitzing a lot more than usual if that is the case.
Our screen game with the RBs could be killer against the Eagles. I hope we dont suddenly forget how to do some of that stuff.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Because for whatever reason the media can't seem to fellate Chip Kelly enough and that alters the perception of how good the Eagles are.

If Philly is favored at all it should be by 3 to represent HFA.
Or maybe the extra 2 pts reflects the fact we are without our lead WR and our best pass rusher.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Or maybe the extra 2 pts reflects the fact we are without our lead WR and our best pass rusher.
Yep. The defense is pretty thin for Dallas. Wish Hardy had tried to appeal.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Hanna has been ruled out for Sunday. Gonna see the Swaim train!

BipolarFuk

Demoted
I don't think we are better at every position.

We don't have a Fletcher Cox unless Crawford is that guy.

Alonso is better than any of our LBs

Do we have a 9 sack guy like Curry active?

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I don't think we are better at every position.

We don't have a Fletcher Cox unless Crawford is that guy.

Alonso is better than any of our LBs

Do we have a 9 sack guy like Curry active?
Alonzo is better than any of our linebackers? I don't know about that.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
on paper they lucked out at home, after shitting the bed against a team they should have stomped into the dirt. Now they're traveling.

it really depends on whether you look at those 3 turnovers as enormous fluke, or not.
I'll give them the "it was the first game of the season" benefit of the doubt. Lots of key guys sat out of most of the preseason games so last week was their first time getting extensive reps against live action.

If Dallas plays a clean game where they're not beating themselves with silly penalties and turnovers I like their chances.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Wait, Curry? Did you mean Barwin? Because Curry is seriously miscast as a linebacker.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I'll give them the "it was the first game of the season" benefit of the doubt. Lots of key guys sat out of most of the preseason games so last week was their first time getting extensive reps against live action.

If Dallas plays a clean game where they're not beating themselves with silly penalties and turnovers I like their chances.
Garrett and Linehan will have to call the game of the season to win this one. I just think they are going to dare us to throw and without a big play threat minus Williams, I don't see the pass doing so hot.

It is all about the matchups defensively. Marinelli has done a good job with that over the four games he has had versus Kelly, I just wish we had Gregory available.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Garrett and Linehan will have to call the game of the season to win this one. I just think they are going to dare us to throw and without a big play threat minus Williams, I don't see the pass doing so hot.

It is all about the matchups defensively. Marinelli has done a good job with that over the four games he has had versus Kelly, I just wish we had Gregory available.
How soon you forget we have Teh Butler II now.

Top Bottom