MLB Chatter Thread

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Bryce Harper blowing up. Still only 22. Took a little longer than Trout, but wow.

D

Deuce

Bryce Harper blowing up. Still only 22. Took a little longer than Trout, but wow.
Ya. I thought he was just on a good hot streak but this appears to be his coming out party.

Apparently not everyone thinks so though cause I put him on the trading block in my keeper league and no interest.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I have been slacking and I know you guys are wondering whats going on with Gallo so here is a little bit of news:

Ben Badler ‏@BenBadler
Joey Gallo hit his third home run in less than 24 hours. Very generous of him to give everyone else a head start in the home run race.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I have been slacking and I know you guys are wondering whats going on with Gallo so here is a little bit of news:

Ben Badler ‏@BenBadler
Joey Gallo hit his third home run in less than 24 hours. Very generous of him to give everyone else a head start in the home run race.
I appreciate this... and Gallo.

Rev

Staff member
Nick Martinez with his 15th consecutive start giving up 3 runs or less.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Wright has Spinal Stenosis...could be done, Dykstra had to retire because of it. Time to bring up Reynolds and move Flores to 3B.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Wright has Spinal Stenosis...could be done, Dykstra had to retire because of it. Time to bring up Reynolds and move Flores to 3B.
Ouch. Really? Wright is a ballplayer. Legit bummed if this is the end for him. Hoping for the best.

If you need an infielder though, be glad to take some of that young pitching off your hands. :unsure

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Spinal stenosis can be corrected with surgery. It really doesn't affect the structure of the spine. It does affect the nerves and can be very painful.

Rev

Staff member
Keith Law has an updated top 25 prospect list out, and it includes a pair of Texas Rangers prospects.

Joey Gallo, who was ranked #11 in Law's offseason rankings, is #8 on this current list, with Law saying he should be ready to man third base for the Rangers next year.

And Nomar Mazara, #31 in the offseason rankings, has jumped all the way up to #12 on the updated list.

Gallo and Mazara are both currently playing for AA Frisco, but if you want to see them together, you should go out to Frisco pretty quick...Gallo, who has a .330/.440/.680 line on the year, is likely going to be in Round Rock by Independence Day.

http://www.lonestarball.com/2015/5/2...es-two-rangers

Cotton

Staff member
Back to .500, baby! :towel

Carp

DCC 4Life
As much as I have been hating on Flores, he is really starting to grow on me. He has not made an error in 11 games and has shown to be a clutch hitter. He is not a longterm solution at SS, eventually he will go to 3B or 2B, but I can live with what he is doing now.

Rev

Staff member
At least you don't have to deal with Simien. The A's had to dig up Ron Washington for some help with him.

Cotton

Staff member
At least you don't have to deal with Simien. The A's had to dig up Ron Washington for some help with him.
I read that as semen... purely for my own entertainment.

Top Bottom