What coffeemaker do you have?

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I use a $9 Wal-Mart special.

Black coffee.

If you drink it any other way, your tendencies are lady-like.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
So a guy gets promoted to Super Mod and all of a sudden he's buying a fuckin Keurig, giving coffee advice and living the dream.

:unsure
The kickbacks from the donations must be better than we thought.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

Black coffee.

I always knew you were a smart man. A cheap MFer, using shitty Walmart coffee pots, but smart just the same.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
So a guy gets promoted to Super Mod and all of a sudden he's buying a fuckin Keurig, giving coffee advice and living the dream.

:unsure
:lol

It was actually a gift from my mom and dad.

I use my super mod powers from their basement. Like a boss.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I always knew you were a smart man. A cheap MFer, using shitty Walmart coffee pots, but smart just the same.
And if it breaks, you break out the Ryobi.

ka-pow-ie

dallen

Senior Tech
I have a Keurig, which is nice, but I went back to brewing in my 12 cup Hamilton Brew Station. Just too expensive.
I use mine during the week becuase I am in a hurry, but on the weekends I use my drip brewer. Even if you find them on sale, the k-cups are still about $.50 a piece

Carp

DCC 4Life

Black coffee.

I have gotten away from cream in my coffee, but this sounds like a call out to me...read you loud and clear...challenge accepted.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
The coffee maker is irrelevant. The quality of the coffee is what matters. Give me Turkish ground Jamaica Blue Mountain and I'll call it a day.

GShock

DCC 4Life
After searching for quite some time, I use the Aeropress with a stainless steel filter (instead of paper).

http://www.amazon.com/Aerobie-AeroPress-Coffee-Espresso-Maker/dp/B0047BIWSK

Impractical if you need to make more than a cup at a time, uses not an insignificant amount of coffee, and a little messy on the clean-up, but I prefer the result to just about everything else I've tried. Full flavor and no bitterness. Good stuff.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
After searching for quite some time, I use the Aeropress with a stainless steel filter (instead of paper).

Impractical if you need to make more than a cup at a time, uses not an insignificant amount of coffee, and a little messy on the clean-up, but I prefer the result to just about everything else I've tried. Full flavor and no bitterness. Good stuff.
I started to buy one of these awhile back, it seems like a really cool idea. I have an old french press that I love to make coffee with but I just don't have the time to mess with it on most mornings.

GShock

DCC 4Life
I started to buy one of these awhile back, it seems like a really cool idea. I have an old french press that I love to make coffee with but I just don't have the time to mess with it on most mornings.
I was looking at french presses when I got to this based on the sheer number of Amazon recommendations, and figured at under 30 bucks, I really couldn't go wrong. With this, I nuke a cup of water for 2:30, spend 30 seconds pressing it through, and clean-up in about 10 seconds.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
They have refillable k-cups now, so the cost of using a Keurig will go down drastically. I haven't used one yet, but the wife bought one and I will try it out this weekend.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

I have a stainless steel filter but do not use it because it is not effective for fine grind. This grind gives the best flavor. Medium and course ground coffee require more volume to get the same flavor of fine ground.

Top Bottom