When Romo is completely healthy, who do you play?

When Romo is completely healthy, who do you play?

• Dak

Votes: 36 90.0%
  • Tony

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
They won't stack the box, they will however blitz the shit out of him. Because Romo can't stand in there and take a hit while delivering the ball to torch them. And if you are able to hit him, odds are you injure him and he'll still try to play through it.
My guess is they would go out of their way not to hit Romo. I mean, they know who they have to face if they knock Romo out of the game. :unsure

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Injury issues and a huge contract on an aging player. I don't think he is tradeable.
I never would have guess someone would give a 1 & 4 for Bradford either.

2233boys

Not So New Member
What I remember is all the ballyhoo he received when he left the team for a short time to take care of some personal matters. There were several that thought he should stay away and called him a quitter ,etc.
His first year? He was quitting. It was widely documented. Troy mentioned it Sunday. He didn't think football was for him. Witten even said at the time let him go we don't need people who don't want to be here.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
His first year? He was quitting. It was widely documented. Troy mentioned it Sunday. He didn't think football was for him. Witten even said at the time let him go we don't need people who don't want to be here.
Then I guess they can join the ranks of being wrong also. There were other circumstances involved in him leaving the team at that time but it wasn't because he was a quitter or hated the game.

Cotton

Staff member
Then I guess they can join the ranks of being wrong also. There were other circumstances involved in him leaving the team at that time but it wasn't because he was a quitter or hated the game.
Yeah, I seem to recall some family issues.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Sources: Cole Beasley leaving football

Aug 3, 2012

Todd Archer
ESPN Staff Writer

OXNARD, Calif. -- The Cowboys moved Cole Beasley to the reserve/left squad list after the undrafted wide receiver was a no show for Friday's practice.

According to sources, Beasley simply did not want to continue playing football.

Beasley, an undrafted wide receiver from SMU, was a standout in the rookie minicamp and through the offseason and was believed to be in the mix for a backup spot.

He is the second player to leave camp for personal reasons. Tight end John Nalbone returned home to take care of personal business, but coach Jason Garrett would not elaborate.

Garrett said he would have an update Saturday after speaking to the receiver.

Owner and general manager Jerry Jones said, "I don't understand it right now. All I know is he wasn't at practice and I'll get the details after practice. I didn't realize we had an issue with him until I got to the practice field."

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If he didn't have the injury issues then I could see other teams trading for him without any issues. Then again if he didn't have injury issues we wouldn't be talking about this anyways.

I just can't see how any GM would trade for an older, injured, QB with a contract that he has.
If he didn't have injury issues we would be talking about two first round picks. With the injury issues we are talking more like a second round pick.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member

Aug 3, 2012

Todd Archer
ESPN Staff Writer

OXNARD, Calif. -- The Cowboys moved Cole Beasley to the reserve/left squad list after the undrafted wide receiver was a no show for Friday's practice.

Beasley, an undrafted wide receiver from SMU, was a standout in the rookie minicamp and through the offseason and was believed to be in the mix for a backup spot.

He is the second player to leave camp for personal reasons. Tight end John Nalbone returned home to take care of personal business, but coach Jason Garrett would not elaborate.

Owner and general manager Jerry Jones said, "I don't understand it right now. All I know is he wasn't at practice and I'll get the details after practice. I didn't realize we had an issue with him until I got to the practice field."
This is Beasley talking about it in a 2015 radio interview:

“I’m really glad I didn’t stick with that decision because I definitely would have regretted it. I was just really overwhelmed. I had never dealt with anything like that. There was stuff coming at me from so many directions at one time, and it was just too much to handle. And if it was stressing me out that much, I didn’t feel like that was what I wanted to do with my career. I started getting sick in the mornings; I’d wake up in the mornings and have to throw up. I wasn’t sick or anything. Something was making me that way. I think it was just all the stress built up…but that day I went home and talked to my dad, I feel like that was a real defining moment for me, it made me who I am today, and I don’t know if my career would be the same without that day…He kind of just made it more simple for me, like I was over thinking just everything, and he just simplified everything for me, and it was hard to focus on just football when I was there before I went home.”

Cotton

Staff member
Maybe I remembered incorrectly.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
If he didn't have injury issues we would be talking about two first round picks. With the injury issues we are talking more like a second round pick.
You aren't going to change my mind so why continue?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You aren't going to change my mind so why continue?
Well, shit don't get upset, just having a discussion. Ultimately it doesn't matter to me if we trade him or cut him, I wouldn't have Romo on my roster next year. Simply because we have a young, elite QB making pennies.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Well, shit don't get upset, just having a discussion. Ultimately it doesn't matter to me if we trade him or cut him, I wouldn't have Romo on my roster next year. Simply because we have a young, elite QB making pennies.
Sorry. Just came off a little wierd because I replied after that one and you quoted an earlier post. I just going to now out because I think it's run it's course.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Would anyone be okay if Romo started with change of pace Dak taking five snaps-per-game?

i have a feeling Jerruh may do this. His Razorback 2.0 formation.
You prepare all week with one guy. Doing this throws off the flow IMO.

2233boys

Not So New Member

Aug 3, 2012

Todd Archer
ESPN Staff Writer

:robowink

2233boys

Not So New Member
This is Beasley talking about it in a 2015 radio interview:

“I’m really glad I didn’t stick with that decision because I definitely would have regretted it. I was just really overwhelmed. I had never dealt with anything like that. There was stuff coming at me from so many directions at one time, and it was just too much to handle. And if it was stressing me out that much, I didn’t feel like that was what I wanted to do with my career. I started getting sick in the mornings; I’d wake up in the mornings and have to throw up. I wasn’t sick or anything. Something was making me that way. I think it was just all the stress built up…but that day I went home and talked to my dad, I feel like that was a real defining moment for me, it made me who I am today, and I don’t know if my career would be the same without that day…He kind of just made it more simple for me, like I was over thinking just everything, and he just simplified everything for me, and it was hard to focus on just football when I was there before I went home.”
:jerry

2233boys

Not So New Member
As your boy Trump would say.

"WRONG!"

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
As your boy Trump would say.

"WRONG!"
You need to read Beasley account of this before you jump in with both feet. He was experiencing a lot of pressure and essentially having panic attacks but after counciling from his dad on how to deal with it he got things under control and returned to the team. It was a matter of learning how to cope. He felt he was over his head but he didn't leave because he hated the game he hated the way he was feeling.

Jiggyfly

Banned
You need to read Beasley account of this before you jump in with both feet. He was experiencing a lot of pressure and essentially having panic attacks but after counciling from his dad on how to deal with it he got things under control and returned to the team. It was a matter of learning how to cope. He felt he was over his head but he didn't leave because he hated the game he hated the way he was feeling.
:picard

Smitty would even blush at lengths you go to.

Top Bottom