2016 POTUS Election Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
And all that sounds exactly like what the weird libertarian 19 year old would say.

Also, in no world is Hillary a worse candidate than George W.
Interesting debate, who is worse?
The smart, corrupt fiend.
Or the complete clueless idiot.

townsend

Banned
Interesting debate, who is worse?
The smart, corrupt fiend.
Or the complete clueless idiot.
I would say clueless idiot since he ended up being Cheney's puppet anyway. Half of the reason Bush's term was so bad is that they had no idea what to do once they conquered Iraq. Hillary would have likely intervened in Iraq too, but the difference is we didn't rack up trillions in debt hanging out in Libya for a decade when she was Secretary of State.

townsend

Banned
It's funny to me also that there's so much emphasis on how shady Hillary is (and she's shady let's not mince words).

But Hillary has released her tax returns. She also hasn't been sued 3500 times or accused of sexually assaulting a 13 year old like Trump either. The worse strike against Hillary is her character and transparency and it's still head and shoulders above Trump's.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
It's funny to me also that there's so much emphasis on how shady Hillary is (and she's shady let's not mince words).

But Hillary has released her tax returns. She also hasn't been sued 3500 times or accused of sexually assaulting a 13 year old like Trump either. The worse strike against Hillary is her character and transparency and it's still head and shoulders above Trump's.
I agree with you the The smarty-pants, complete clueless idiot, corrupt fiend is the worst by far...

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
She also hasn't been sued 3500 times
You realize there have been lawsuits involving Hilary right?

I'd say Hilary has proven to have plenty of her own legal investigations as well. Probably more so then Trump.

"Two Benghazi Parents Sue Hillary Clinton for Wrongful Death"

:unsure Sure seems a little worse then the things you mentioned.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Be that as it may it is the only time you can officially make your statement. All the rest of one's opinions and discontent will just be discussion.
Low voter turnout can be a statement in itself.

townsend

Banned
You realize there have been lawsuits involving Hilary right?

I'd say Hilary has proven to have plenty of her own legal investigations as well. Probably more so then Trump.

"Two Benghazi Parents Sue Hillary Clinton for Wrongful Death"

:unsure Sure seems a little worse then the things you mentioned.
Great example of a lawsuit, now we just need 3,498 more to match Trump.

Trump also got help from fellow charlatan Republican (and present indictee) Ken Paxton after a case had been built up against him, http://bigstory.ap.org/article/cd370f58be7c40749e9d7dad5ec9e071/ex-texas-official-trump-u-probe-dropped-due-politics

For some reason all the people shouting "lock her up" aren't worried about that though.

Oh and of course Trump's former wife testified under oath that he had raped her.

But yeah, Benghazi. Oh wait.
The CIA and the military acted properly in responding to the 2012 attack on a U.S. diplomatic compound in Benghazi, Libya, a Republican-controlled House committee has found. Its report concluded that there was no wrongdoing by Obama administration officials.
http://www.latimes.com/world/africa/la-fg-house-benghazi-20141123-story.html
That's right it was a stupid boondoggle that nothing came of.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Low voter turnout can be a statement in itself.
A statement of what? Apathy? Who's going to figure out to whom it is directed ? Politicians only care about apathy when they are the recipient. How then can a loser do anything? The winner will only laugh. The other side of the coin is if there is a hotly contested race, the losing side can still put on some heat.

townsend

Banned
A statement of what? Apathy? Who's going to figure out to whom it is directed ? Politicians only care about apathy when they are the recipient. How then can a loser do anything? The winner will only laugh. The other side of the coin is if there is a hotly contested race, the losing side can still put on some heat.
I pretty much agree with this. Voter apathy is just a way to tell the politicians "do what you want, no one gives a damn."

townsend

Banned
I'd say that Mitt, Kerry, and Barack were all superior to Clinton from a character standpoint. It's a shame that Kerry couldn't have made another run at it now, he had all of Hillary's resume bullets, was better at them, and was an actual veteran to boot.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
I'd say that Mitt, Kerry, and Barack were all superior to Clinton from a character standpoint. It's a shame that Kerry couldn't have made another run at it now, he had all of Hillary's resume bullets, was better at them, and was an actual veteran to boot.
There are a lot of people who feel that he is a war criminal due to his actions during the Vietnam War.

townsend

Banned
There are a lot of people who feel that he is a war criminal due to his actions during the Vietnam War.
My initial Google search for "Kerry War Crimes" led me to an account of Bob Kerrey killing villagers in Thanh Phong. I hadn't realized it wasn't talking about John until halfway through. I was like "holy shit, that pencil necked politician was like Rambo". The Google search for "John Kerry war crimes" was way less interesting.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
I pretty much agree with this. Voter apathy is just a way to tell the politicians "do what you want, no one gives a damn."
It's not apathy if you intentionally stay home because the only two parties (supposedly) you can choose from anoint a couple of turd sandwiches.

If you are in a particular demographic that skews toward a particular party, or if your state has you register as a party member, and you stay home because your party is banking on being the lesser of two evils, there's a statement there.

And I always enjoy when people say, "Well, of course I want a better candidate.... But until the party nominates one, I guess I'll have to vote for [corrupt screech owl or sweet potato with a corn silk toupee]."

And let's not get into the futility of voting for President if you happen not to live in a swing state.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It's not apathy if you intentionally stay home because the only two parties (supposedly) you can choose from anoint a couple of turd sandwiches.

If you are in a particular demographic that skews toward a particular party, or if your state has you register as a party member, and you stay home because your party is banking on being the lesser of two evils, there's a statement there.

And I always enjoy when people say, "Well, of course I want a better candidate.... But until the party nominates one, I guess I'll have to vote for [corrupt screech owl or sweet potato with a corn silk toupee]."

And let's not get into the futility of voting for President if you happen not to live in a swing state.
But with a non vote how can you tell if it is apathy or protest?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom