Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Make that phone call, Jerry.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Not just no but hell no. That dude is a bust who would never be able to hold up as a DE here.

Cotton

Staff member

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate

Not interested. Didn't like him at LSU, and I like him even less now.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
that was a funny read. They were throwing everyone under the bus. I liked them calling those 90's Dallas lines "a bloodbath"
Huge complement. But that article was great in illustrating the brutality of that line. They hurt people. And I loved it.

Our line now, even though good, are technicians, not bullies who will kick the opposition in their face and steal their women.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Huge complement. But that article was great in illustrating the brutality of that line. They hurt people. And I loved it.

Our line now, even though good, are technicians, not bullies who will kick the opposition in their face and steal their women.
Except Collins, who does exactly that.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I'm sorry but I just can't shake this feeling Wentz is going to be a bust.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I'm sorry but I just can't shake this feeling Wentz is going to be a bust.
Same here. Philly is a terrible place for a very-highly-drafted QB from a tiny school. Those idiot fans won't help things.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Same here. Philly is a terrible place for a very-highly-drafted QB from a tiny school. Those idiot fans won't help things.
That's always the interesting part. So say that Wentz goes to Philly and fails, I'm sure many people who doubted him will puff out their chest and claim that they were right all along about him. But I always wonder, what if the guy had gone to a different team under different circumstances. If the guy would have succeed say in Dallas, where he failed in Philly? Does that mean the QB is actually bad? Or just that they went into a bad situation. Wentz is a guy who I think will succeed or fail based on the circumstances around him. To me Philly is not a great setup and is looking like a very dysfunctional franchise right now.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
That's always the interesting part. So say that Wentz goes to Philly and fails, I'm sure many people who doubted him will puff out their chest and claim that they were right all along about him. But I always wonder, what if the guy had gone to a different team under different circumstances. If the guy would have succeed say in Dallas, where he failed in Philly? Does that mean the QB is actually bad? Or just that they went into a bad situation. Wentz is a guy who I think will succeed or fail based on the circumstances around him. To me Philly is not a great setup and is looking like a very dysfunctional franchise right now.
Agreed.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Totally agree.

At some point people decided that Wentz is Andrew Luck-lite because he's big, can run and says all the right things, but he's not. He is a ball of clay that needs to be molded, he could be great in time, but he has serious deficiencies that he needs to work on first and if he doesn't go into the right situation and/or isn't afforded the time and space to learn and improve, he will fall flat on his ass. In Dallas he would've been given the 1.5-3 years necessary to work on his weaknesses and learn from a very good QB, then when it came time to play he would've been protected by a wall of an OL with one of the top WR's in the league to throw to.

It won't be good for him if the Eagles rush him into action behind a meh OL with no RB and average WR's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom