2016 Draft Weekend Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deuce

Yeah, I could deal with that.

I admit, I didn't know anything about the player. I was just pissed that we took the position. They guy does look to have some skills, if we can find a way to fit him on the team and get rid of Dunbar's fragile ass, I guess that would be a win.
I can see someone with his power coming in with Dak in short yardage and running the zone read like the Panthers do. :unsure

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm surprised we never took a WR in all honesty but that is really the only surprise to me in this draft.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Well, at first glance this draft looks like it has some very good potential to go from a good draft to a great draft. I'm a little curious with those last couple picks, but I can see the thought behind them. As far as Uncle Rico, maybe we can stash him for a year. He does have some intriguing physical traits.

dallen

Senior Tech
I'll be honest, this is the first year since '05 where I can talk myself into liking every single pick. Good feeling.
Yeah, there's some decisions I don't like. But I don't outright hate any of the picks. I'll even let them have Dak that late.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I can see someone with his power coming in with Dak in short yardage and running the zone read like the Panthers do. :unsure
I could maybe see Dak coming in for a package like that, but wouldn't that be where Elliott should shine? Maybe both Elliott and Jackson in a split set with Dak under center.

Ahh, who are we kidding? You think Gingernuts would have the creativity to do something like that?

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
Yeah, there's some decisions I don't like. But I don't outright hate any of the picks. I'll even let them have Dak that late.
I'm fine with a late 4th being used on Dak. However, I'm going to be fucking livid if this causes us to avoid any further QBs in the next few years.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
The skins started the draft out nice, but they've shit all over themselves today.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
My only issue with the draft was how early they took Smith, but they knew better than we did how early other teams might take him.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I've heard both reported, but I feel the same either way. I'm happier with this.
If we would have offered our 2nd and 3rd, it would have been a better deal than the Broncos 1st and 3rd if you think about it. There was only two picks between our second and their first, but their 3rd was 29 picks below our 3rd. The only advantage would be the 5th year option.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
If we would have offered our 2nd and 3rd, it would have been a better deal than the Broncos 1st and 3rd if you think about it. There was only two picks between our second and their first, but their 3rd was 29 picks below our 3rd. The only advantage would be the 5th year option.
That's exactly how sturm explained it, Seattle wanted to stay in the 1st round for the fifth year option. Even if they only offered th 2 and 4, jerry said he was willing to up the offer had Seattle come back to us.

But regardless, I wouldn't have wanted to do it.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Overall, I'm pretty happy with this draft. A couple picks that had me scratching my head, but I freely admit that once we get deep into the draft I'm going off more name recognition than anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom