2016 Draft Weekend Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Oh good, a RB when all the good RBs are gone.
Well, it's not like last year where we ignored the position. My guess is that we want more camp bodies to compete for the backup spots.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Did you know that Antonio Gates also played basketball?

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Last two picks were made by the janitor. Everyone else in the war room was already at the bar.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
:lol

I literally didn't even realize our picks were up for those last two. It's like Dallas at that point was like, well hell, who gives a shit. Rico Gathers doesn't even have a draft profile. Jackson is yet another workout warrior.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Gathers has not played football since middle school.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He is a big kid and is interesting, although I don't see why you take a guy that might not make the team due to numbers.
Yeah I guess you hope to stash a guy like that on the practice squad knowing that a year down the road McFadden is gone.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I hope Jerry is deep into the bottle, and doesn't even think about trading into the 7th. I don't care if Wright and Peake are still there. If they're still there as UDFA, fine. Don't get trade happy now.

D

Deuce

You will all backtrack on the Gathers hate once he pushes Escotron off the roster.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Baylor hoops star Rico Gathers will head to NFL, not play college football
March 1, 2016 12:01 pm ET

Rico Gathers (USATSI)
Rico Gathers will reportedly try his hand at football this fall. (USATSI)
Baylor power forward Rico Gathers intends to pursue the NFL, not play college football for the Bears in 2016, a school spokesman told CBS Sports on Tuesday.

ESPN first reported Gathers was lining up private workouts for NFL scouts, though a report Monday from the Houston Chronicle noted that Gathers would instead stay at Baylor and play football for Art Briles in 2016 as a means of learning the tight end position.

“He says his intent is to play for the NFL, not at Baylor,” the Bears' spokesman confirmed.

Another source close to the basketball program reiterated Gathers' choice. Gathers said last week it was in his best interests to pursue an NFL career.

The road might be a tough one. Gathers -- a senior at 6-foot-8, 275 pounds -- hasn't played organized football since age 14, according to a source. His basketball eligibility expires after this season.

Gathers will miss Baylor's NFL pro day on March 16. That's the day before the start of the NCAA Tournament.

“Whatever decision he chooses to make, we're 100 percent behind him,” Baylor basketball coach Scott Drew told Dallas SportsDay. “If football proves to be the better option, we're 100 percent behind him.”

Gathers' athleticism cannot be denied. An All-Big 12 pick as a junior, he is currently the league's leading rebounder and stands sixth in shooting percentage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom