2016 Draft Weekend Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Barring trade, there's nobody above us that needs QB. Do you pull the trigger on Cook? I think I might.
Don't think so. There is a reason he was never voted captain on his team. He's probably a grade A cocksucker.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Barring trade, there's nobody above us that needs QB. Do you pull the trigger on Cook? I think I might.
In the fourth absolutely. He has better tools then Kirk Cousins had coming out in my opinion. Would be funny too since LT said he was a fourth round type talent and I thought he was a little crazy with that. But a few years from now he at least has a chance to be a starter.

5Ringzz

Brand New Member
In the parking lot??

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
We got two really good young defensive pieces. Front 7 guys in fact, which everyone on here tells me is the important part of defense.
Two solid pieces, plus the insurance of a strong running game for years to come. The running game is as important to a defense as any two or three players.

No doubt Dallas has helped themselves both now and in the future. With two picks tomorrow a chance to grab another good player before the utter crap shoot that is the 6th and 7th rounds.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
You know what.. I'd have to agree with you there. At this point, let's take a shot at him. I'd rather him than Dak.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nothing wrong with the Collins pick. Yea, there are guys I'd have preferred and he isn't strong against the run at all but it takes about 3 minutes of watching the guy to realize that he's a seamless fit as a 3 technique in this scheme. He's so athletic Nebraska even stood him up at times. He can get pinballed around at times because of his size but he also looks absolutely explosive and disruptive at others.

Not a guy you want starting as a rookie but he can probably give you 25 or so snaps a game as an interior rusher in nickel/dime and I wouldn't be surprised if he put up 3 or 4 sacks as a rookie. I've been calling for us to finally draft a real 3 technique to put inside next to Crawford in nickel/dime and not just some oversized DE so I can't complain.
I've been waiting for a real 3 technique. I'm tired of us constantly trying to move DE's inside. Or use other teams castoffs. We now have a legit 3 technique DT coming up through the system. A 310 pound guy who is actually really athletic and excellent at shooting up field.

Hoffa

DCC 4Life
Has Jerry floated the "we had intel Jaylon would be gone in the next few picks" story to his media cronies yet? I haven't been on Twitter.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Two solid pieces, plus the insurance of a strong running game for years to come. The running game is as important to a defense as any two or three players.

No doubt Dallas has helped themselves both now and in the future. With two picks tomorrow a chance to grab another good player before the utter crap shoot that is the 6th and 7th rounds.
The 4 sixth round picks should make that round really interesting here. No seventh rounder so we don't have to worry about that.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
At this point we're talking backup QB and likely not a future starter.

Problem is we need one and there aren't any around the NFL.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
At this point we're talking backup QB and likely not a future starter.

Problem is we need one and there aren't any around the NFL.
Cook is the only guy left who has any potential to be a future starting QB. Given his experience he is probably the most likely to be ready to start soon as well. Hell, he probably got better QB coaching in college then he would in Dallas.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The Elliott pick was an A+ for me, the Collins pick was probably a solid B, maybe B+, the Smith pick is what the draft will hinge on. There isn't going to be much middle ground with him, either he busts and in all likelihood this ends up being a 1-2 player draft like so many others that we've had recently or he comes back healthy and this draft ends up an absolute grand slam.

I hate taking the risk on a guy who is about 95% to not even play this year because it just shows that there isn't much of a cohesive organizational strategy, we go win-now at 4 then take a guy at 34 who won't even play this year. With that said, we all know the talent he has, if he comes back healthy he's probably a franchise cornerstone, 5+ time Pro Bowl type of player.

I'm just happy we didn't blow a 2nd or 3rd on one of these QB's. Prescott would've been an unmitigated disaster, Cook would've been fine in the 3rd and Hackenberg would've been somewhere in between, but if they want to burn a 4th on one of these guys, so be it. Cook is probably one of my top 5-7 guys for our pick at the top of the 4th but I bet we go Prescott.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
Has Jerry floated the "we had intel Jaylon would be gone in the next few picks" story to his media cronies yet? I haven't been on Twitter.
Apparently Schefter was saying people were looking at him towards end of the 1st to beginning of the 2nd.

Personally, I think some other GMs were sitting back waiting to see if Jerry would fall for it as a good laugh.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apparently Schefter was saying people were looking at him towards end of the 1st to beginning of the 2nd.

Personally, I think some other GMs were sitting back waiting to see if Jerry would fall for it as a good laugh.
My understanding is his medicals in recent weeks were very promising and it had his stock rebounding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom