2016 Draft Weekend Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
We didn't have a high enough pick.

And no one was worth what it was going to cost to trade up.

Not with Romo still playing.
I'd still like to see them take chance on a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, I've never been more lukewarm about getting what I wanted. Missing the top QBs took the wind out of the sails.
Unfortunately there wasn't anyone that really thrilled me at 4. Especially with Bosa gone. I wanted to trade back. I'm sure Elliott will do great here. Just don't like RBs this high.

Hoffa

DCC 4Life
I wasn't on the Zeke train, but frick it. Guy could put up 2,000 behind this line if he stays healthy.

data

Forbes #1
Yeah. I have to see I feel like this was a reach. An RB at 4 should be Adrian Peterson. This guy isn't. HOWEVER, no player will make this team better than he will. So, I guess I'm OK with the reach. Gives us something to really get excited about.
I get what you're saying, but I don't think it's a reach.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Explain please for those of us at work. :unsure
ESPN reported we had a trade offer to move back to either six or seven but decided instead to just take Elliott at four. I think the Ravens wanted to come up.

dallen

Senior Tech
I like the Elliot pick. Not thrilled, but it was the best move in our position

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I like the Elliot pick. Not thrilled, but it was the best move in our position
I was just glad it wasn't Ramsey. The way things fell, it was either Elliot or trade out, for me.

D

Deuce

I like Ramsey and think he'll do well in Jax, he just wasn't what Dallas needed. Getting Zeke isn't a dream come true, but he very well may be a Leveon Bell clone and that would be dynamic for this team.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Well, now you can say what you observed...what was it?
A few minutes before the draft started RB coach Gary Brown was the only position coach in the War Room. He sat next to Garrett and looked pretty happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom