Must See Movies

Jiggyfly

Banned
I'm assuming it's a flashback scene of some sort, but I like they they are doing a little bit of Harley Quinn's back story.
Robbie is owning that role, I think she is going to be a breakout star after this.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I have been reading through some of the SS comics and have been a bit disappointed to tell the truth.

But that is true for a lot of comics I have tried to go back and read maybe I just outgrew the writing.

D

Deuce

I have been reading through some of the SS comics and have been a bit disappointed to tell the truth.

But that is true for a lot of comics I have tried to go back and read maybe I just outgrew the writing.
I was thinking of doing that, but just haven't gotten around to it.

It would suck to be disappointed by them and it would lower my expectations for the movie a bit, but I also remember not enjoying Guardians much at all and that movie turned out great.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I was thinking of doing that, but just haven't gotten around to it.

It would suck to be disappointed by them and it would lower my expectations for the movie a bit, but I also remember not enjoying Guardians much at all and that movie turned out great.
I downloaded them from kickass, I started from the beginning maybe they pick up down the line.

The Boys was pretty good but it was more adult oriented.

Last edited:

Carp

DCC 4Life
The Long Halloween is far and away my favorite comic...Batman: Year One is greatness...and The Killing Joke is right there for consideration.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The Last Boy Scout is on STARZ. I forgot how trashy good that movie was.

Shane Black action flicks were so awesome.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Michael Keaton in talks to be the villain in the Spider-Man reboot. Rumored to be the Vulture. If Raimi made SM4 Malcovich was supposed to play that role.

I am hopeful they can resurrect that franchise...until they announced the movie is Spider-Man Homecoming. Horrid.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Scott Derrickson was the right pick for Dr Strange...he wrote and directed Sinister...which I think is the best horror movie in the past decade.

dallen

Senior Tech
Michael Keaton in talks to be the villain in the Spider-Man reboot. Rumored to be the Vulture. If Raimi made SM4 Malcovich was supposed to play that role.

I am hopeful they can resurrect that franchise...until they announced the movie is Spider-Man Homecoming. Horrid.
From Batman to Birdman to Vulture. I think it would be good casting though

Carp

DCC 4Life
From Batman to Birdman to Vulture. I think it would be good casting though
Yep...Ben Kingsley would be my first choice...he looks like what you would think Vulture would look like.

data

Forbes #1
Star Wars VII opinion...

Instead of The Force Awakens, it should've been Luke Skywalker is a Pussy. So, the Jedi are killed by Kylo Ren or whoever and Luke goes emo on a deserted island.

Secondly, Luke says that if the rebel forces need his help, he's going to make it difficult, coming up with a treasure map to find him. If your family were in desperate need of my help, would you have greeted them with a puzzle? WTF

Not so impressed with Luke's teaching ability, either. Kylo Ren gets stale-mated by Rey, who's never had any formal training.

Maybe you can claim 'any given Sunday' and an 0-16 team can beat the Super Bowl champs, but the explanation for Rey's dominance is that she's Luke's daughter...which leads me to think that Luke is a horrible father.

Anyhow, I didn't dig the parallels between VII and IV. I'd have preferred a story where all is good with the rebel forces, then some mysterious Darth Maul-ish badass decimates the rebels on an outskirt planet. Dark and despair ending with everyone wondering who the fuck this Darth Maul badass is and then onto Episode VIII.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I think it is very telling that after the negative response to the first Ghostbusters that you have heard very little about the movie. The first trailer was boring. It comes out in a couple months...typically you hear more about big budget movies like this.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
The jungle book was very entertaining and the CGI pretty decent. I definitely recommend it.

D

Deuce

The jungle book was very entertaining and the CGI pretty decent. I definitely recommend it.
I don't know if I do or not. It followed the cartoon pretty well and stole some quotes from it, but something about Chris Walken doing the voice for King Louie just felt weird.

dallen

Senior Tech
Watched They Live last night. The Roddy Piper\Keith David fight is still amazing

Top Bottom