Super Moderator
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Jiggyfly

Banned
Actually, it was not.

It was 10 years ago that the Cowboys owner found himself in a similarly awkward predicament. During a training-camp melee within the team's facility at Midwestern State University in Wichita Falls, Texas, wide receiver Michael Irvin stabbed a teammate in the neck with a pair of scissors. The victim, an offensive lineman named Everett McIver, had refused Irvin's demand to rise from the barber's chair during a haircut. Following an exchange of shoves and punches, McIver found himself grasping his neck, blood shooting from a two-inch gash. "The whole scene was crazy," said Cowboys cornerback Kevin Smith. "I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I mean, we were on the same team."
I was wrong.

My bad.

dallen

Senior Tech
Jerruh looks like he just crapped his diaper.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
This visit list we're compiling here is fascinating.

You basically have just as many guys who are slated to go in the 10-25 range (Rankins, Lawson, Treadwell, Lynch, Dodd, maybe Fuller) as guys that are likely to go top 10 (Goff, Wentz, Ramsey, Bosa, Buckner, Hargreaves, Elliott). You really can't imagine any of those guys dropping to 34 except for maybe Dodd or Fuller, and either of them are liable be taken somewhere in the teens honestly, so it's not like they are realistic options in the 2nd.

I'm not really sure what to make of it but at the very least you have to imagine that they are trying to plan for every possible scenario when it comes down to what happens between 4-34. I'm hoping we end up with something like Goff or Wentz and then Dodd, Henry or Joseph but the most likely outcome is probably Bosa/Buckner/Ramsey at 4 and Cook at 34, hopefully in that scenario we get aggressive in a trade up for Lynch instead of just sitting there and ending up with dickhead Cook. They could go way off the reservation with a guy like Boyd at 34, he's definitely a prospect I like but more as a late 2nd/early 3rd, not as basically another 1st rounder.

For what it's worth I'd be totally fine passing up on QB's all together if we don't take one at 4 but it seems these guys are hell bent on taking a QB in the first 3 rounds so I'm just really hoping it ends up being one of the top 3 one way or another.

Other than that it seems the 3rd/4th will be about getting a RB and probably an interior OL with flexibility.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This visit list we're compiling here is fascinating.

You basically have just as many guys who are slated to go in the 10-25 range (Rankins, Lawson, Treadwell, Lynch, Dodd, maybe Fuller) as guys that are likely to go top 10 (Goff, Wentz, Ramsey, Bosa, Buckner, Hargreaves, Elliott). You really can't imagine any of those guys dropping to 34 except for maybe Dodd or Fuller, and either of them are liable be taken somewhere in the teens honestly, so it's not like they are realistic options in the 2nd.
They might not be realistic but generally speaking someone tends to fall in every draft. Last year Gregory wasn't realistic in the late second round either. I think to an extent one of those 10-25 could fall. And if they don't we've look at plenty of option that should be there too.

It does seem like we have brought in less third round and later guys this year though.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I'd like Shaq Lawson at 34 if we have to hope for someone to fall.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I wish we were bringing in more DT's but Rankins is really the only one for a predraft visit. I hope it isn't the case, but that probably tells me we won't be viewing DT as a need in this draft. Even though it's the deepest DT class I can ever recall. Positions I think we are clearly wanting are RB, DE and QB. We brought in multiple players at these positions. So we will almost certainly draft someone. Another position we oddly brought in multiple guys at is WR. Treadwell, Fuller and Boyd. It could just be a coincidence, sort of like corner, it's a position where you just use a lot of guys. We also brought in a couple of mid to late round guards, which probably means we are interested in getting a guy to play in there (Bringing up again the possibility that we want to trade Leary, possibly on draft day).

Jiggyfly

Banned
He was projected to us at 4 on NFL TV yesterday.

I would not be surprised if he is drafted before Bosa, the production and combine results wold back that up.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
He might go to the Giants at 10, so that would be a big fall.

I'd like to see Nkemdeche fall. That guy could be the next Michael Strahan if he gets his head right.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

I'd like to see Nkemdeche fall. That guy could be the next Michael Strahan if he gets his head right.
Doubt adding him with Gregory would be a good idea. We would lose two players to suspensions at the same time.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

He could also be the next Demetrius Underwood if he doesn't. I have to read any scouting report that doesn't mention the fact something is wrong with him. Even acted weird on Gamechangers.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He could also be the next Demetrius Underwood if he doesn't. I have to read any scouting report that doesn't mention the fact something is wrong with him. Even acted weird on Gamechangers.
Not to mention he has never been a great pass rusher statistically. I mean this is a guy who has never gotten more then 3 sacks in a season. I know he is a tremendous athlete for his size but I always wonder they that has never translated to on the field production? Combine that with a bit of crazy and I don't want it.

Not sure why a guy who produces like 2-3 sacks in a year is suddenly going to be Strahan anyway. Strahan was setting records in college for sacks. That comparison is a total joke.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Not to mention he has never been a great pass rusher statistically. I mean this is a guy who has never gotten more then 3 sacks in a season. I know he is a tremendous athlete for his size but I always wonder they that has never translated to on the field production? Combine that with a bit of crazy and I don't want it.

Not sure why a guy who produces like 2-3 sacks in a year is suddenly going to be Strahan anyway. Strahan was setting records in college for sacks. That comparison is a total joke.
Especially since Nkemdiche has been an overrated teasing flake and not a productive small school player.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Interesting. He could very well make it to 34.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
First post updated with the "official 30" visitors to Valley Ranch and Dallas Days, plus additional campus workout players.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Cowboys host former Bowling Green receiver on draft visit

By SportsDayDFW.com Contact SportsDayDFW.com on Twitter: @SportsDayDFW

The Cowboys are continuing to evaluate each and every prospect that the team will consider during the NFL draft, from the clear first rounders to some of the hidden guys that can be found later in the draft.

One of those potential diamonds in the rough is former Bowling Green wide receiver Roger Lewis, who had a private workout with the Cowboys this week, according to WTOL-11 sports reporter Jordan Strack.

Green brought down 85 receptions for 1,544 yards and 16 touchdowns in his redshirt sophomore season at Bowling Green. He declared for the draft with two years of eligibility remaining. The 6-foot-2, 200-pound receiver started all 28 games during his two seasons playing at Bowling Green
-----------------

Due diligence and all, but it is kind of hypocritical to shun Hardy while working out with a guy with rape charges in his past.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Due diligence and all, but it is kind of hypocritical to shun Hardy while working out with a guy with rape charges in his past.
Yeah, but that guy didn't call Garrett a pussy.

Yet.

Top Bottom