A week of LGBTQ acceptance education in a middle school. Really?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
You mean to say you refuse to think about something because it makes you angry. You absolutely can compare race and sex, if you're willing to be analytical instead of emotional.
Yes, I refuse to think about something that should never ever be considered. Because, it's completely nonsensical and unnatural. Do I think that dogs that can "talk" to their owners should be able to shit in the floor of a bathroom because they "identify" as being human?

See how stupid comparisons are stupid? Race has jack and shit to do with with some psychotic person with issues wanting to use the restroom of the opposite sex.

I want to be treated like a woman! Well, you were born with a dick. Maybe next time.

Cotton

Staff member
And, yes, I fully believe that a person that wants to be the opposite sex has some serious psychological problems.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Apparently Townsend thinks traditional values and common sense are the cancers to society. Some things simply have to have boundaries and those who would destroy them are the problem. Mixed restroom promotion needs to have common sense and boundaries because there is a difference in sexes no matter what a few individuals have to say about it.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is the crazy part. You're saying that a person who's willing to commit a sex crime has been held at bay this whole time by a sign with some stick figures? That has never happened in the history of time, that a potential rapist got cold feet because he didn't want to walk in a restroom. This is the same faulty logic that supposes that if owning guns is a crime, then criminals won't have guns.
In the mean time we have a whole bunch of trans people who just want to piss and shit where they feel comfortable, who actually do get assaulted.
So what are you advocating? That we shouldn't have gender specific bathrooms at all? That people should be allowed to just use whichever restroom they want regardless of gender? I think you're also jumping really far when you go to rapist. There are all kinds of different levels of sexual offenders. All the way down to people who just get their jollies off whipping their dick out in front of people.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
So what are you advocating? That we shouldn't have gender specific bathrooms at all? That people should be allowed to just use whichever restroom they want regardless of gender? I think you're also jumping really far when you go to rapist. There are all kinds of different levels of sexual offenders. All the way down to people who just get their jollies off whipping their dick out in front of people.
It's a matter of privacy to the peace of mind for the users. The comfort zone in a public toilet is precarious at best with current convention. So let's add another level of discomfort to satisfy the arbitrary preference to a confused individual. Now that is a real solution!

Jiggyfly

Banned
Maybe it has something to do with the surge of declarations in the societal interactions and entertainment industry. There seems to be more of a display and promotion of the lifestyle from these sources than ever before. Just maybe the reaction is proportional to to proactive movements.
Or maybe the proactive movements are proportional to the years of being told to hide in the shadows and to not be a proud member of society.

Don't ask Don't tell.

Jiggyfly

Banned
No, it's a stupid comparison. If a black female goes in to a public restroom that my daughter is in, I'm ok with that. If a black or white gay female goes in to a public restroom that my daughter is in, I'm ok with that. If somebody that identifies as a woman, but has a dick, goes in to a public restroom that my daughter is in, I am NOT ok with that. And I don't give a fuck what color they are.
So if they had reassignment surgery you are ok with that?

Jiggyfly

Banned
So Townsend is skeptical that pedophiles might use a loophole to get into opposite sex bathrooms but believes there is an epidemic of trans people getting assaulted only because they use the anatomically correct bathrooms. Where are the numbers on that?
He never said anything like epidemic.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
For me personally I don't care who uses the public bathroom with me. I don't care if a male or female is in there. IF you really are that interested in watching me go, have at it. But I also understand why others may care. Why a female may not feel comfortable having a guy in the restroom next to her. I understand why someone with a child may be uncomfortable with the concept of having a man in the bathroom with his daughter. Of course I'm not sure it's any more comfortable having a man wearing a dress in the men's restroom with their boys either.

I don't really have a dog in the fight so to speak. Not yet anyway. But I certainly don't see any compelling reason why we should change with having people go in the restroom that fits the gender they were born with. Other then it's just another battle the LGBT community decided to pick.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I think it's funny how terrified people are of trans people. I don't think I've ever actually met one. They are what, 0.00001% of the population? FWIW, I don't give a shit if there are gendered bathrooms or not. That's why bathrooms have stall doors and urinals have dividers (usually).

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think it's funny how terrified people are of trans people. I don't think I've ever actually met one. They are what, 0.00001% of the population? FWIW, I don't give a shit if there are gendered bathrooms or not. That's why bathrooms have stall doors and urinals have dividers (usually).
You my friend have not been to the lovely troughs at a county fair then (And lots of stadiums)... Privacy be damned at those things. Of course I'd be fine peeing in a bush in front of the world. I think your percentages are off though. A quick look up on google tells me between 0.2-.3% of the population is transgender. Or 700,000 Americans.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It's not terror. It's simple modesty. I don't like to do my business in a gender mixed environment. I don't even care t o have my wife in the general proximity.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
You my friend have not been to the lovely troughs at a county fair then (And lots of stadiums)... Privacy be damned at those things. Of course I'd be fine peeing in a bush in front of the world. I think your percentages are off though. A quick look up on google tells me between 0.2-.3% of the population is transgender. Or 700,000 Americans.
Hence (usually). And yeah, I was exaggerating the %.
It's not terror. It's simple modesty. I don't like to do my business in a gender mixed environment. I don't even care t o have my wife in the general proximity.
Go in a stall and piss then? Are you really that hung up on whether someone sees the back of your boots while you're taking a piss? If so I think you're more in the minority than the aforementioned trannies.

Cotton

Staff member
I'm not worried about some chick coming into a bathroom I'm in. I'm worried about some deranged fuck going into a bathroom with my daughter.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I'm not worried about some chick coming into a bathroom I'm in. I'm worried about some deranged fuck going into a bathroom with my daughter.
I don't see how a basically unenforceable rule against transgendered people entering restrooms is going to allay those fears. I remember a news story from 2005 where a guy in Copperas Cove walked right into a school then right into the girl's bathroom and assaulted a kid. Not only was he not supposed to be in that bathroom, he wasn't supposed to be in that school. Until you station security outside every public restroom and have them do a dick check on everyone going in, you're not going to affect the "pervert" situation. (Leaving aside that pedophiles don't seem to overwhelmingly prefer the opposite sex anyway).

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Until you station security outside every public restroom and have them do a dick check on everyone going in, you're not going to affect the "pervert" situation. (Leaving aside that pedophiles don't seem to overwhelmingly prefer the opposite sex anyway).
You jump to assault. But the pervert who wants to just look at a girl pissing or even whip his dick out in front of one, may no longer be committing a crime if he is legally in the women's restroom.

Those people a law would presumably stop.

Top Bottom