DC.com - Staff Writers Give Their “Two Cents” With Cowboys’ Personalized Mock Draft

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Goff would be a perfectly fine alternative to Wentz, the only question is if they evaluate him properly.
I like Goff too and think, like most, that he's the most NFL ready of the two. But I don't think we'll take him because he's viewed more as a west coast system QB. I think it's either Wentz.or Lynch which put us in a bind. Wentz probably goes #2 unless we move up and Lynch would be a substantial reach at 4. Meanwhile Goff will likely fall right into our laps but be the QB we don't desire.

IF Wentz is gone and we want Lynch we'll probably have to move down which s risky since he could go ahead of where we drop to. And moving up is also tricky because he could still go before our trade up target spot. And the cost to go from #34 to #15 will be pretty steep. The best case is he drops into the 20's and we move up for him at that point. But if he goes top 15 to Saints/Rams then we're SOL.

Guess we'll just have to sit and see how it plays out. I just hope we don't miss out on all three and then panic and take Cook or Hackenberg in the 2nd.

Last edited:

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I didn't say that.

I have no idea what the Browns will do.
He's talking about me. And I wasn't making up any reasons. Ravi is imagining shit.

I only said, and I quote... Yes. Because Cleveland has proven time and time again that they always do the smart thing when it comes to team building. Now, how is that "making up reasons the Browns won't take Wentz?" Was that not a true statement?

Then of course, is when he spun off babbling some nonsense about Dallas, and that is where you came in.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
I don't get all the hand wringing over a QB that played for like 1.5 seasons at a tiny school in bum fucked somewhere.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I don't get all the hand wringing over a QB that played for like 1.5 seasons at a tiny school in bum fucked somewhere.
Aikman only played 2 years at UCLA. He didn't play much at Oklahoma due to injury and he turned out pretty good. Wentz has as good if not better tools for the job than Aikman.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Bottom line Wentz is most likely Cleveland bound.

So the question is do you believe in Goff?

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Bottom line Wentz is most likely Cleveland bound.

So the question is do you believe in Goff?
I like Goff but I don't think the Cowboys do. I think we're taking Bosa or Ramsey if he drops or trading down.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Aikman only played 2 years at UCLA. He didn't play much at Oklahoma due to injury and he turned out pretty good. Wentz has as good if not better tools for the job than Aikman.
Wow.

Playing 2 years at a college in a major conference is a far cry from what Wentz did.

Especially when comparing how more talent Wentz played with than his competition as opposed to Aikman.

Let's please tap the brakes on these Wentz comparisons.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Wow.

Playing 2 years at a college in a major conference is a far cry from what Wentz did.

Especially when comparing how more talent Wentz played with than his competition as opposed to Aikman.

Let's please tap the brakes on these Wentz comparisons.
Everything I have stated is factual. Are you making a a determination that Wentz can't possibly become the quarterback that Aikman was? How can you make that determination?

stubbie

Not So New Member
Looks like Connor Cook is getting some love from the "draft experts" now. I thought Dallas would go after QB in 2nd or 3rd. Guys like Cook may be there or some may rise and some may fall. It will be interesting to see what the Boys go after and who they are really targeting. Don't know too much about him...but his sister is hot and played basketball at Old Dominion.

shane

DCC 4Life
Looks like Connor Cook is getting some love from the "draft experts" now. I thought Dallas would go after QB in 2nd or 3rd. Guys like Cook may be there or some may rise and some may fall. It will be interesting to see what the Boys go after and who they are really targeting. Don't know too much about him...but his sister is hot and played basketball at Old Dominion.
Cook was underwhelming at MSU, especially in his later years. I wouldn't mind if we got him in the third round, but his awful performance against Alabama really soured him for me. I don't think he's as good of a prospect as Cousins was.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I would love to hear these comparisons.

Please. Take your time to burn up google for them, considering I highly doubt that you'd even heard his name until a few months ago.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
I wouldn't touch him before the 3rd. Not sure if he'll last til then though with the way QB's go higher than they should. But I definitely don't want him at 34.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I would love to hear these comparisons.

Please. Take your time to burn up google for them, considering I highly doubt that you'd even heard his name until a few months ago.
Dude there is no need to google search to know that Wentz played for a program that had the top talent in that division while Aikman played with average to slightly above average in the pac 10 let alone the whole of division 1.

This is something that is in his scouting reports, even Simp has admitted this.

And what does when I heard of him have to do with any of this it's basic info that anyone can get by reading up on the guy and knowing what type of teams Aikman had at UCLA.

maybe you need to do some google searching.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
My comments were not a comparison of the two as to what may have been accomplished by each rather an observation that Aikman also had a relatively short playing time as well. And secondly that the raw tools of Wentz were as good as Aikman's at that stage.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Dude there is no need to google search to know that Wentz played for a program that had the top talent in that division while Aikman played with average to slightly above average in the pac 10 let alone the whole of division 1.
I'm guessing you are coming to this conclusion because they have won all of these championships in a row, eh? But if you actually were to dig a little deeper, in a couple of those years they were not expected to, and opened in the polls lower. And even went in to the playoffs as an underdog. Especially the year Brock Jensen graduated and Wentz took over. Which is really weird since you're telling us that he was playing with more talent than his opponents.

So, no. He was not playing with all of the top talent in the division. And certainly not with as big a gap as you are insinuating here. And I don't care about who or what Aikman was playing with nearly 30 years ago.

Dude.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dude there is no need to google search to know that Wentz played for a program that had the top talent in that division
I mean it's hard to argue that North Dakota State in general was not better then most of their opponents. That team won games with or without Wentz. But when you watch games it wasn't like Wentz's receivers were just wide open or that he just had all day to throw the ball. So when you look specifically with Wentz's performance I'm not sure it holds much water. I am by no means a North Dakota State fan but my understanding is their championships have come by the way of some pretty great defenses. That doesn't really help Wentz look better throwing the ball, it just helps them win games and make it to the championship.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Man, I really hope Cleveland saves us from being tempted to draft a tiny school QB at 4.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I'm guessing you are coming to this conclusion because they have won all of these championships in a row, eh? But if you actually were to dig a little deeper, in a couple of those years they were not expected to, and opened in the polls lower. And even went in to the playoffs as an underdog. Especially the year Brock Jensen graduated and Wentz took over. Which is really weird since you're telling us that he was playing with more talent than his opponents.

So, no. He was not playing with all of the top talent in the division. And certainly not with as big a gap as you are insinuating here. And I don't care about who or what Aikman was playing with nearly 30 years ago.

Dude.
That program has been a powerhouse for awhile just because they were not picked to win a championship does not mean they were not one of the most talented teams in that division.

Your reply is nonsensical, Wentz played at a perennial top 5 ranked team, he stepped into an established program that was pretty well stocked.

I never said he had played with all the top talent, for someone who is always crying about words being taken out of context you should listen to yourself.

Yes I knew exactly what I was saying when making the comparison, but as usual you did not.

Top Bottom