MLB Chatter Thread

D

Deuce

I wished I could have seen that.
Video of the play is on ESPN.com and they show Gibbons crying to the ump's after the call, but the article has some of their quotes.

"Maybe we'll show up in dresses tomorrow." lmao

D

Deuce

I don't like that rule. Yeah, Bautista reached out with his left hand but he clearly slid right over the top of the bag. You've got to let runners try and break up the double play.
You try and break up with the play with the slide. Throwing your hand out to deliberately grab a leg and trip a player is different, imo. It's not different than when ARod punched a 1B's glove a few years ago to knock the ball out.

dallen

Senior Tech
:lol @ the Blue Jays for costing themselves a chance to win yesterday by getting doubled up because of the new neighborhood rule. Even more :lol 's at Bautista and Gibbons crying about it after the game.
Bautista is basically Satan to me so :lol. Dirty cheater

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
You try and break up with the play with the slide. Throwing your hand out to deliberately grab a leg and trip a player is different, imo. It's not different than when ARod punched a 1B's glove a few years ago to knock the ball out.
That doesn't bother me, either. Runners slide into home trying to knock the ball out of the catchers glove with their feet or the force of their body all the time. Saying they can use one part of their body as opposed to another to jar the ball loose is stupid. Let 'em play.

But that's neither here nor there. We're talking about the Bautista play. And imo, there was nothing wrong with it. I think if the jersey's were reversed, you'd feel differently.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Looks like Cano wants to earn his money. Yikes!!

D

Deuce

That doesn't bother me, either. Runners slide into home trying to knock the ball out of the catchers glove with their feet or the force of their body all the time. Saying they can use one part of their body as opposed to another to jar the ball loose is stupid. Let 'em play.

But that's neither here nor there. We're talking about the Bautista play. And imo, there was nothing wrong with it. I think if the jersey's were reversed, you'd feel differently.
No, if it were reversed and we got away with it I'd feel happy we got one by them. The way I look at it, a player should be able to break up the play if it's a legit hard slide. But sliding feet away from the bag, like Utley did, or throwing limbs out away from the bag shouldn't be allowed. There are tons of interference rules in baseball, yet somehow that should be allowed? Stupid.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Rookie SS Trevor Story of the Rockies hit his 4th HR in his first AB of his 3rd game. Wow. And he hasn't even played at Coors yet. Obviously he is going to slow down soon but that is a hell of a way to break into the Majors. Loving him as an end of the draft injury fill-in for Jung Ho Kang in my fantasy league right now!

Rev

Staff member
Rookie SS Trevor Story of the Rockies hit his 4th HR in his first AB of his 3rd game. Wow. And he hasn't even played at Coors yet. Obviously he is going to slow down soon but that is a hell of a way to break into the Majors. Loving him as an end of the draft injury fill-in for Jung Ho Kang in my fantasy league right now!
I know he isnt a rookie but Cano hit his 4th today.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I know he isnt a rookie but Cano hit his 4th today.
I saw that. He looked awful last year. If he is back to his old form that is really good news for the Mariners. Tolleson blew that save in pretty spectacular fashion. Gave up 5 hits and 5 runs and couldn't record a single out? Wow. How secure is he in his closer role? Asking for a friend who drafted Dyson in a fantasy baseball league with the idea that maybe Tolleson wasn't a sure thing as a closer. :unsure

Rev

Staff member
I saw that. He looked awful last year. If he is back to his old form that is really good news for the Mariners. Tolleson blew that save in pretty spectacular fashion. Gave up 5 hits and 5 runs and couldn't record a single out? Wow. How secure is he in his closer role? Asking for a friend who drafted Dyson in a fantasy baseball league with the idea that maybe Tolleson wasn't a sure thing as a closer. :unsure
Banister did mention that it would be a situational closer in the spring but he had the perfect situation in the first game to go situational by bringing in Dyson for the first out (Tolleson didnt fair well against the first batter in the past) but brought Tolleson out for the full inning. I think Tolleson for the moment is pretty secure but Banister will use Dyson for some.

Rev

Staff member
Gallo has one RBI for every at bat on the year so far. Not bad at all....

Rev

Staff member
Trying to keep it in perspective since its only 4 games into a long season but I just can't take another start of the season like we had last year.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Trying to keep it in perspective since its only 4 games into a long season but I just can't take another start of the season like we had last year.
I am close to already giving up. I know it's really early, but after last year, I'm broken. :lol

Rev

Staff member

Rev

Staff member
The start to last year was brutal, man.
Again just 4 games but it's the exact same problems that plagued our start last year. Exploding bullpen and inept offense. I fully expect it to change but Its frustrating to see this happen again with the team expectations.

Top Bottom