Coach Firing/Hiring Thread...

dallen

Senior Tech
You mean, the same thing Jerry did with Garrett?

EDIT: Timestamped like 3 times
I mean, if you want to compare Wade Phillips to Tom Coughlin I can't stop you. You will look like a fool though...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I mean, if you want to compare Wade Phillips to Tom Coughlin I can't stop you. You will look like a fool though...
Not comparing the coaches, just the situations. And, this attitude of yours, I don't appreciate it.

Cotton

Staff member
Kelly to the Niners. My source (Twitter) just confirmed.

Cotton

Staff member

dallen

Senior Tech
Kaepernick is somewhere doing a happy dance right now

Cotton

Staff member

:lol

Damn.

Cotton

Staff member
I really hope that they move on from Kaep, though, and pick up Manziel.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
God, that's fantastic news for our QB options in the 1st. The Niners are the only team I could see conceivably trading up in front of us, I can't see the Chargers or Titans trading back to the 12-15 range, nor could I see those teams being willing to pay the price it would take to move up that far.

So this pretty much guarantees that only one QB goes before we pick and it could make it conceivable that we could trade down to 8 or 9 and still have our choice of QB's aside from whoever the Browns take. I can't see the Niners drafting a QB at 7 now since Kaepernick is such a great fit for what Kelly wants to do.

Jiggyfly

Banned
God, that's fantastic news for our QB options in the 1st. The Niners are the only team I could see conceivably trading up in front of us, I can't see the Chargers or Titans trading back to the 12-15 range, nor could I see those teams being willing to pay the price it would take to move up that far.

So this pretty much guarantees that only one QB goes before we pick and it could make it conceivable that we could trade down to 8 or 9 and still have our choice of QB's aside from whoever the Browns take. I can't see the Niners drafting a QB at 7 now since Kaepernick is such a great fit for what Kelly wants to do.
Is he really that great a fit?

Kelly seems to want a better passer than Kap and Lynch would be the better fit IMO.

It's not like they have a lot of money tied up in Kap either.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

Unless... SF brass is so done with Kaepernick that they told Kelly he can't have him. I could then see SF target Lynch.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Is he really that great a fit?

Kelly seems to want a better passer than Kap and Lynch would be the better fit IMO.

It's not like they have a lot of money tied up in Kap either.

That's actually a good point too. Kelly keeps saying accuracy is more important to him than mobility. That's not Kaepernick.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Maybe Kelly salvages Kaepernick. Or he could get his own guy. I wouldn't be so quick to assume this means no QB for SF.

Top Bottom