Week 15 Chatter Thread | Dallas Cowboys v. Buffalo Bills | 12/26/2015

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
And if you think Josh Norman doesn't have a massive impact on that defense I feel bad for you.
Or Richard Sherman but the percentages of finding those guys are way low. Better off building up front because you are more likely to succeed.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Or Richard Sherman but the percentages of finding those guys are way low. Better off building up front because you are more likely to succeed.
I dont know about "percentages" but I don't see a talent like that in these top rated corners so I pass. If I did though, I'd take one.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Teams trip over their own dicks and find CBs of that caliber.

It is a hard position to scout, because everyone is looking for the next big thing.

Nine times out of ten, that good CB comes to you, you don't chase them.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
No way.

Joe Gibbs, especially if he does that half a fag dance he did after they beat us back in 2006.]
Forgot about that douchenozzle. He is a close second.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I dont know about "percentages" but I don't see a talent like that in these top rated corners so I pass. If I did though, I'd take one.
You go back and look for all of the shutdown corners and you will find your percentages.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
And if you think Josh Norman doesn't have a massive impact on that defense I feel bad for you.
I'd rather have a QB. And, it's not even close.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Was he a first round pick? That is what we were talking about here.
So shutdown corners exist, you just don't trust a teams ability to scout them. Fair enough. I think they can be scouted. Plenty of elite NFL corners over the years have gone in the first. But just like any NFL position, some will be found later.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Jerry is very reactionary so hopefully Mo being a bust after being drafted in the top 10 will cause us to hesitate taking another DB that high anytime soon. Also, with Hargreaves only being 5-11 and the knock on him is not being physical along with Ramsey not being a true CB, combined with having taken Byron Jones last year, I hope we'll pass on both.

Right now I'd go with the QB Cleveland doesn't take if he proves to be worthy of going that high. Otherwise give me Jaylon Smith. If we're not in love with the QB though, my preference would be trading down a few spots if we can work it out and getting Smith, Jack, best available DL or Treadway.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jerry is very reactionary so hopefully Mo being a bust after being drafted in the top 10 will cause us to hesitate taking another DB that high anytime soon. Also, with Hargreaves only being 5-11 and the knock on him is not being physical along with Ramsey not being a true CB, combined with having taken Byron Jones last year, I hope we'll pass on both.

Right now I'd go with the QB Cleveland doesn't take if he proves to be worthy of going that high. Otherwise give me Jaylon Smith. If we're not in love with the QB though, my preference would be trading down a few spots if we can work it out and getting Smith, Jack, best available DL or Treadway.
Yeah QB or trade down for me.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
We need to treat next week like the 4th preseason game, sit anybody who is important who doesn't need extra reps, Witten, Tyron, Martin, Dez, etc.

Of course I doubt we will as Garrett continues the farce of acting like winning these games mean shit. If we had been able to pull 3 very winnable games out of our ass (Jets, Eagles, Saints, Bills, Bucs, Seahawks) we'd be playing for the division, but this bumfuck coaching staff couldn't even manage that, so throw Kellen Moore out there behind Chaz Green throwing to Geoff Swaim and fuck off.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
We need to treat next week like the 4th preseason game, sit anybody who is important who doesn't need extra reps, Witten, Tyron, Martin, Dez, etc.

Of course I doubt we will as Garrett continues the farce of acting like winning these games mean shit. If we had been able to pull 3 very winnable games out of our ass (Jets, Eagles, Saints, Bills, Bucs, Seahawks) we'd be playing for the division, but this bumfuck coaching staff couldn't even manage that, so throw Kellen Moore out there behind Chaz Green throwing to Geoff Swaim and fuck off.
No way. Garrett will want to win this game to appease the dummy fanbase that thinks a win over Washington fucking matters. Jerry feels the same way.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Lowest we'd fall is 8th. I think we'd still get either Jaylon Smith or Jack. At worse a DL or Treadway. Of course where it would hurt us is rounds 2-4 where we'd be drafting 3-4 spots lower. That said, we'll still probably lose unless the Redskins play mostly backups and even then it'd probably be close.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Mike Zimmer. Another case of a Cowboy succeeding once he is away from the Jerry circus.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Mike Zimmer. Another case of a Cowboy succeeding once he is away from the Jerry circus.
Didn't hurt that he learned to coach defense from the architect of the 2000 Ravens D instead of Dave Campo between then and now.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Lowest we'd fall is 8th. I think we'd still get either Jaylon Smith or Jack. At worse a DL or Treadway. Of course where it would hurt us is rounds 2-4 where we'd be drafting 3-4 spots lower. That said, we'll still probably lose unless the Redskins play mostly backups and even then it'd probably be close.
Didn't we beat the Skins last time we played them? I hope we have enough good sense to not try hard to beat them this time.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Wonder if Romo has another season or two in him? If not, call me when they get a Qb.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Didn't we beat the Skins last time we played them? I hope we have enough good sense to not try hard to beat them this time.
This time however we have Kellen Moore playing and I'm hoping Dez won't be. Hopefully that makes a difference.

townsend

Banned
Didn't hurt that he learned to coach defense from the architect of the 2000 Ravens D instead of Dave Campo between then and now.
Also he wasn't forced to coordinate a 3-4 defense with 4-3 personnel.

It's not like his defenses were anything other than Mike Zimmer defenses either, he hasn't had an all-timer D on his resume, it's just way more effective when you can run your scheme, and you aren't trying to keep a team afloat with Quincy Carter on the other side of the ball. Rod Marinelli has pretty much had half of the Zimmer experience this year.

Top Bottom