Draft Weekend Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
What are the odds they take Jimmy Garoppolo in the 2nd or 3rd? Assuming this Manziel to Dallas thing doesn't happen it would seem like a very Jerry move to get another EIU QB that he could justify sitting behind Romo for a year or two since he wasn't a first rounder. It would make for an interesting story and you know Jerry loves stories.
I don't think he makes it to the 3rd.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
What are the odds they take Jimmy Garoppolo in the 2nd or 3rd? Assuming this Manziel to Dallas thing doesn't happen it would seem like a very Jerry move to get another EIU QB that he could justify sitting behind Romo for a year or two since he wasn't a first rounder. It would make for an interesting story and you know Jerry loves stories.
If we take a QB other then Manziel I think it is Garoppolo or Murray. Of course if we wait until the seventh round there is a whole list of shitty QB we may consider.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I think Garoppolo or Gilbert.

Carp

DCC 4Life
McShay says he is the top player on our board.

Mmmmmmmmm

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
McShay says he is the top player on our board.

Mmmmmmmmm
Twitter is just a playground for JFF to Dallas rumors right now. He's the top guy, no, he's the top QB, no he's not.

I am enjoying Mike Fisher being made to look like a fool admitting after saying Manziel is our #1 ranked QB that he got "cat-fished". This is after he acts like a smarmy cocksucker most of the time.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
If it would work out EXACTLY like that, I would consider it. But with our luck, Bridgewater would be taken a couple picks before us,Jerry would freak out and trade next years first to move up to take AJ McCarron.
:lol

You certainly know your Jerry.

That's one of my biggest worries about the Cowboys draft. They tend to freak out and make dumb decisions if a guy they were targeting goes off the board a pick or two before the Cowboys slot.

It's as if they have no contingency plan.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Twitter is just a playground for JFF to Dallas rumors right now. He's the top guy, no, he's the top QB, no he's not.

I am enjoying Mike Fisher being made to look like a fool admitting after saying Manziel is our #1 ranked QB that he got "cat-fished". This is after he acts like a smarmy cocksucker most of the time.

Sounds like another Mike we all know.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Fuck you, Fisher!

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I think Garoppolo or Gilbert.
A lot of people are saying Gilbert and frankly it both disgusts and bores me at the same time.

It better be a seventh.

That kid can't play at a high level and everything he's done since the season has ended has been generated by his agent with one client, Leigh Steinberg.

D

Deuce

It would be glorious if Manziel and Bortles were both available at 16 and we took Blake.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Props, VA. :lol

Do you happen to have the one where he was in the Pentagon/White House war room after Bin Laden had been killed?

That was a classic as well.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I have to admit, I was aggravated by the extra wait, but this has been an enjoyable draft season and it is getting more interesting today.

But then again, I have masochistic qualities, I am a Cowboys fan afterall.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Props, VA. :lol

Do you happen to have the one where he was in the Pentagon/White House war room after Bin Laden had been killed?

That was a classic as well.
Yes, yes it was.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It would be glorious if Manziel and Bortles were both available at 16 and we took Blake.
Not to give you a BISP, but have you read the rumor that Jerry loves Bortles?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

AAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
A lot of people are saying Gilbert and frankly it both disgusts and bores me at the same time.

It better be a seventh.

That kid can't play at a high level and everything he's done since the season has ended has been generated by his agent with one client, Leigh Steinberg.
This is the stupid shit Jerry falls for though. I'm sure he had an awesome looking workout. Tons of QBs have awesome looking workouts. Guys like Chad Hutchinson and Drew Henson looked great throwing the ball in a pair of shorts. The problem was they had no ability during games. The exact same problem exists with Gilbert. He isn't good on the field. I don't give a fuck what he did during a workout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom