Week 15 Gameday Chatter | Buccaneers vs Cowboys | 12/18/2016

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Romo would have made those throws and stuff. :lol
Maybe he does but I doubt it.

I don't think he'd have as high of a completion percentage though, because Romo would push the ball down the field more aggressively than Dak. Higher risk throws and all.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm not in total agreement with Schmitty, but you have to acknowledge that 32 of 36 for less than 300 yards is a sign that we didn't throw much down the field.

You can pick and choose your spots in some games, but do you think we'll have that luxury in January?

I don't.
Considering the Bucs could be in the playoffs, yes. They aren't bottom dwellars this year. Can't keep thinking of them that way.

Their defense had been playing stellar lately.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Should've been for a few more yards, though.

I do worry what's gonna happen when we don't have the short stuff. 30 or so completions for less than 300 yards might be efficient, but it's not gonna win in the playoffs with teams sitting on it.
They have all year to figure out how to "sit on it". They haven't gotten it yet. A couple of games is no indication of it, so I'm going to need more of a sample size for me to believe it can happen every game.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Except he did all his damage as an end.

Cotton

Staff member
Not at all. Players shouldn't have to make up for the coaching staff's dumb decisions. The coaches should be exploiting every playe's abilities for the good of the team.
Players make up for coaches all the time. Not sure what you are saying here.

townsend

Banned
I'm not in total agreement with Schmitty, but you have to acknowledge that 32 of 36 for less than 300 yards is a sign that we didn't throw much down the field.

You can pick and choose your spots in some games, but do you think we'll have that luxury in January?

I don't.
This was a playoff caliber team with a really good defense, that was on a 5 game winning streak. What would be different in January.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Despite our self induced struggles, I would say I'm really rooting for Tampa Bay to overtake Washington for the last playoff spot and also then upset whoever in the first round. Then come to Dallas again for the divisional round.

I didnt see anything that makes me think they can stop our running attack.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Except he did all his damage as an end.
Yea couple people pointed that out to him in the replies already, he's one of the pff guys so par for the course...

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gritty win.

Loved what the defense showed after getting gashed the first two drives of the second half.
David Irving changed everything. Good god, if he can keep playing like that it changes the entire defense. Especially as we get healthy hopefully on that side of the ball.

1bigfan13

Staff member

I don't.
Yep. He's a young QB so he's not processing the information as quickly as a vet would. He could alleviate some of those sacks by running more when things break down around him. We finally saw a little bit of that today.

Only 1 sack of Prescott tonight right?

Cotton

Staff member

I don't.
And, this has been my point all along. Who gives a fuck how far down the field you are throwing as long as you are getting into the endzone? 3rd down percentage and redzone percentage are all that matters.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Dak was efficient today, and it's not fair but he needs to be more than efficient as the competition gets tougher.

The penalties fucked us but we have to make some big plays. Did we even take one deep shot? How is it we had a billion FG tries?

Three field goals in the second half with the way Zeke ran it today is a big waste of production.

We can keep blaming the coaches, but at some point Dak is going to have to not take the safe shot and risk the big shot.

My biggest takeaways from this game were the great games from Lee and of course Irving. With our offense stalling we need a defense that can stop the Falcons, red-hot Steelers, or Patriots.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
But his bones aren't made of glass, so...
I wasn't using that as a point for playing Romo over him.

I do think that Romo should start but that's for many other reasons. I just am commenting generally that Dak holds the ball too long, too often still.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Yep. He's a young QB so he's not processing the information as quickly as a vet would. He could alleviate some of those sacks by running more when things break down around him. We finally saw a little bit of that today.

Only 1 sack of Prescott tonight right?
Two I think.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Considering the Bucs could be in the playoffs, yes. They aren't bottom dwellars this year. Can't keep thinking of them that way.

Their defense had been playing stellar lately.
This was a playoff caliber team with a really good defense, that was on a 5 game winning streak. What would be different in January.
I agree that it is a quality team, but we're gonna face much better and more dangerous teams in the playoffs than the Bucs.

Cotton

Staff member
What he meant to post was, "ARGH ARGH ARGH, YAY WE WON!"

1bigfan13

Staff member
Despite our self induced struggles, I would say I'm really rooting for Tampa Bay to overtake Washington for the last playoff spot and also then upset whoever in the first round. Then come to Dallas again for the divisional round.

I didnt see anything that makes me think they can stop our running attack.
Absolutely.

The weird thing is Washington is the team I least want to face in the post-season. Even with us sweeping them and the Giants sweeping us, I'd much rather face the Giants again.

Top Bottom