Must See Movies

data

Forbes #1
Just saw civil war. Probably my favorite marvel movie except days of future past.

i can't fight it anymore. Her face has the bone structure like a starved alien, and she's kinda like fugly Maggie gyllenhall, but elizabeth Olson is certifiably jerk-off material now.

D

Deuce

Just saw civil war. Probably my favorite marvel movie except days of future past.

i can't fight it anymore. Her face has the bone structure like a starved alien, and she's kinda like fugly Maggie gyllenhall, but elizabeth Olson is certifiably jerk-off material now.
Wtf, she is neither of those things. She's great.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Episode 8 is said to be called Fall of The Resistance.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I thought Xmen: Apocalypse was pretty good. Definitely not as good as Civil War but definitely better than Batman vs. Superman.

Magneto/Eric continues to be the most fascinating character of the series, IMO.
I was a bit disappointed in Apocalypse. His fight scenes were kind of wack. As a matter of fact the fight scenes overall left a lot to be desired.

One thing that surprised me was the amount of blood, death, and violence that was in this movie. This is probably the most violent X-Men movie they've made.

Also, I was surprised that a notable star like Olivia Munn (Psylocke) had such a limited speaking role in the movie. She got a decent amount of screen time but it felt like she was a glorified extra.

Carp

DCC 4Life
The Ridiculous Six was horrible, but I must say The Do Over is pretty good. Some of the things in Sandler's recent movies were just horrifically bad...lots of just dumb jokes...like Shaq in a weird wig or some shit...but they played it straight and it was his best movie in a long time.

Last edited:
D

Deuce

I thought Xmen: Apocalypse was pretty good. Definitely not as good as Civil War but definitely better than Batman vs. Superman.

Magneto/Eric continues to be the most fascinating character of the series, IMO.
I was a bit disappointed in Apocalypse. His fight scenes were kind of wack. As a matter of fact the fight scenes overall left a lot to be desired.

One thing that surprised me was the amount of blood, death, and violence that was in this movie. This is probably the most violent X-Men movie they've made.

Also, I was surprised that a notable star like Olivia Munn (Psylocke) had such a limited speaking role in the movie. She got a decent amount of screen time but it felt like she was a glorified extra.
I thought it was good as well.

As far as Psylocke goes, I thought she was always a bit supporting character so it doesn't surprise me when those get few lines with so many A List characters on the screen at the same time. But I'm sure she'll be back in the next movie.

Last edited by a moderator:

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
The Ridiculous Six was horrible, but I must say The Do Over is pretty good. Some of the things in Sandler's recent movies were just horrifically bad...lots of just dumb jokes...like Shaq in a weird wig or some shit...but they played it straight and it was his best movie in a long time.
The Do Over was definitely one of his better efforts in recent years.

That tall German henchman reminded me of Dirk Nowitzki. Had me pausing and second guessing myself a couple of times. :lol

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Caught this on Amazon today.

Unless you into animated movies, it might not be your thing.

I thought it was outstanding.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
That looks great will have to check it out.
I have to say what made it for me was Gary Numan (the 80s guy who had a one hit wonder "Cars") with powerful soundtrack.

Animated movies are tough for me to get into. But this, like Heavy Metal back in the day, worked.

data

Forbes #1
Just saw Jim Carey sequel Dumb and Dumber To.

Has our taste in comedy change and same jokes don't hit as well, or did this movie just plain suck?

i haven't wanted a movie to end this bad in a long time.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Just saw Jim Carey sequel Dumb and Dumber To.

Has our taste in comedy change and same jokes don't hit as well, or did this movie just plain suck?

i haven't wanted a movie to end this bad in a long time.
just sucked

Jiggyfly

Banned
It’s Rumor Time: Rogue One might be in trouble
By Katie Rife@futureschlock
May 31, 2016 5:46 PM

The first teaser trailer for Rogue One: A Star Wars Story teased a different sort of Star Wars movie, one that’s not afraid to dig deep into the greasy, muddy, perpetually soot-caked underbelly of the Star Wars universe. No cute robots, no princesses, and no snappy one-liners (okay, maybe a few snappy one liners). Just good old-fashioned ’70s-style grit.

Well, apparently all that grit is getting stuck between Disney executives’ teeth, because Page Six claims that the company’s top brass is not happy with the film in its current form, and has ordered four weeks of expensive reshoots this summer. (While Page Six is a gossip column, making anything is writes by definition hearsay, it also broke the news of Alden Ehrenreich’s casting as the young Han Solo. So clearly the studio connections are strong with this one.)

What, exactly, is giving the suits the vapors is not clear—Page Six simply says that “Disney won’t take a back seat, and is demanding changes, as the movie isn’t testing well”—but considering director Gareth Edwards reportedly wanted the movie to take a “darker turn,” we’re guessing it has something to do with Darth Vader committing genocide or Force choking a puppy or something like that. Then again, villains committing genocide is a pretty common occurrence in Star Wars, so it could also have something to do with a purported hero doing something uncharacteristically evil. Maybe Han Solo, blaster in hand, standing knee-deep in dead Bothans?

Anyway, reshoots or no reshoots Rogue One: A Star Wars Story is coming to a theater near you on December 16, because God damn it, Disney’s got toys to sell.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
X Men Apocalypse was pretty decent. Way better than I expected.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I am so glad I waited for Zoolander 2 to hit Redbox. It was so awful.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I saw the teaser for Rogue One and it was ok, I guess. Disney got over confident and just thought anything with Star Wars in the title would sell. Supposedly it is about the rebels stealing the Death Star plans...eh, just not that interesting, we know they got them, so there is really no drama there. It will be a shame if they waste Mads Mikelson and Ben Mendohlson in a shitty movie.

Top Bottom