2016 Mock Drafts

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Todd McShay has a 3 round projection for every team. If someone wants me to post it all I can. Instead I figured I'd just post his picks for the Cowboys.

Dallas Cowboys

Round 1 (4): Jared Goff, QB, Cal
Round 2 (34): Kevin Dodd, DE, Clemson
Round 3 (67): Sterling Shepard, WR, Oklahoma

Analysis: And now it gets interesting. Tony Romo turns 36 on April 21 and he's coming off a season in which he played just four games after suffering two collarbone injuries. It's time for the Cowboys to start planning for their future at QB. Yes, they need a pass-rusher -- which I took care of in Round 2 with Dodd -- but you can't just ignore the game's most important position, especially a season after seeing the true value of having a competent backup in place. It'd be the perfect situation for Goff, too. He'd get time to transition to the pro game after playing in a spread system at Cal, while also getting to learn from Romo and coach Jason Garrett.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Thats a very nice one.

dallen

Senior Tech
Todd McShay has a 3 round projection for every team. If someone wants me to post it all I can. Instead I figured I'd just post his picks for the Cowboys.

Dallas Cowboys

Analysis: And now it gets interesting. Tony Romo turns 36 on April 21 and he's coming off a season in which he played just four games after suffering two collarbone injuries. It's time for the Cowboys to start planning for their future at QB. Yes, they need a pass-rusher -- which I took care of in Round 2 with Dodd -- but you can't just ignore the game's most important position, especially a season after seeing the true value of having a competent backup in place. It'd be the perfect situation for Goff, too. He'd get time to transition to the pro game after playing in a spread system at Cal, while also getting to learn from Romo and coach Jason Garrett.

Jiggyfly

Banned

Dallas Cowboys

I would add a link if it's not insider.

I love that draft but I would rather go for a outside guy at WR.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would add a link if it's not insider.

I love that draft but I would rather go for a outside guy at WR.
It's an insider article.

Todd McShay's three-round 'Grade: A' mock draft
play
Todd McShay breaks down some of his choices within his "Grade A" mock draft, to which Mel Kiper Jr. and Bill Polian share their opinions on his picks. (3:00)

Mel has been doing this so-called "Grade: A" Mock Draft for a few years, so it was only a matter of time before I got roped in. The concept is simple: I play general manager for every team. This isn't me projecting picks; this is me making them, for three full rounds, based on what's best for each team at that slot.

Please read the ground rules:

1. At each slot, I make a pick in the best interest of only the team with the pick. I won't pass on a player at No. 4 just because I like the team better at No. 5.

2. No trades unless they're already done. I try to address team needs, but like the draft, value can supersede need.

3. Again: I'm not projecting. It's more a look at where I see value up and down the board.

There's a team-by-team look below, as well as a pick-by-pick version so you can see how the order of the picks progressed and get an idea of who was off the board when each team selected.

Picks in order, Rounds 1-3

Tennessee Titans

Round 1 (1): Laremy Tunsil, OT, Mississippi
Round 2 (33): Eli Apple, CB, Ohio State
Round 3 (64): Christian Westerman, G, Arizona State

Analysis: When you draft a player like Marcus Mariota with the No. 2 pick last year, you need to do everything in your power to give him help as he develops. To that end, Tunsil would provide the second-year QB with a building-block left tackle who thrives in pass protection. Tunsil and Westerman also would help jump-start the Titans' new-look running game with DeMarco Murray at the helm. Apple's length and range in coverage would be an asset to a defense that finished 29th overall in yards per pass attempt in 2015 (7.87).

Cleveland Browns

Round 1 (2): Carson Wentz, QB, North Dakota State
Round 2 (32): Michael Thomas, WR, Ohio State
Round 3 (65): Willie Henry, DT, Michigan

Analysis: I understand the argument to take a position other than QB at No. 2 overall, but Cleveland has had more starting quarterbacks than any other team in the NFL since 1999. I have Wentz slightly ahead of Jared Goff on my board. With his 6-foot-5, 237-pound frame, the North Dakota State product is a good fit for the rugged AFC North. Wentz will need someone to throw to -- Brian Hartline and Andrew Hawkins are the top two WRs currently on the roster -- so Thomas makes sense in Round 2. He has natural ball skills and the skill set to develop into a solid outside receiver in the NFL. After spending a first-round pick on Danny Shelton last year, the Browns need to continue to beef up their run defense. Henry fits the bill.

San Diego Chargers

Round 1 (3): DeForest Buckner, DE, Oregon
Round 2 (35): Vonn Bell, S, Ohio State
Round 3 (66): Austin Hooper, TE, Stanford

Analysis: Defensive line and safety are two of the Chargers' top needs, and this would be a dream scenario, with Buckner (my No. 2 D-lineman) and Bell (No. 2 safety) both falling into their lap. Buckner is disruptive against the run and plays with a great motor. Perhaps most important, he has the skill set to fit in both a 3-4 and 4-3 at the next level. After letting Ladarius Green hit free agency and sign with Pittsburgh, the Chargers should be looking for a young TE like Hooper to develop.

Dallas Cowboys

Jacksonville Jaguars

Round 1 (5): Myles Jack, OLB, UCLA
Round 2 (38): Keanu Neal, S, Florida
Round 3 (69): Emmanuel Ogbah, DE, Oklahoma State

Analysis: The Jaguars upgraded their defense in free agency with the additions of DE Malik Jackson and S Tashaun Gipson, but they shouldn't stop there. They need a sideline-to-sideline playmaker at the second level, and Jack is one of the best overall athletes in this class. Neal would give the Jags a good run-stuffer to complement Gipson's ability in coverage. And while Jacksonville has 2016 first-round DE Dante Fowler Jr. slated to return from an ACL injury, you can never have enough pass-rushers. Ogbah has a high ceiling and is a value pick in Round 3.

Baltimore Ravens

Round 1 (6): Joey Bosa, DE, Ohio State
Round 2 (36): Artie Burns, CB, Miami (FL)
Round 3 (70): Nick Kwiatkoski, ILB, West Virginia

Analysis: Bosa is the best available player at No. 6. He's not a perfect scheme fit, but who cares? He shows the relentlessness and instincts shared by most top-level NFL pass-rushers. With cornerback Lardarius Webb getting older and Jimmy Smith coming off a so-so season, Burns is an enticing upside play in Round 2. He has the length and raw coverage ability to develop into a good outside starting cornerback. Kwiatkoski would give Baltimore another instinctive run defender to pair with C.J. Mosley.

San Francisco 49ers

Round 1 (7): Jalen Ramsey, CB, Florida State
Round 2 (37): Paxton Lynch, QB, Memphis
Round 3 (68): Leonte Carroo, WR, Rutgers

Analysis: If Goff or Wentz had been on the board at No. 7, I wouldn't have hesitated to take one of them, but I didn't want to reach for Lynch or Connor Cook, neither of whom have a first-round grade in my book. So I went with Ramsey, the best player on my board. No, he doesn't have elite ball skills, but he has proved that he can play both corner and safety at a high level, and he's a truly rare athlete. Lynch has outstanding mobility for his size (6-foot-7) and it'd be fun to see how Chip Kelly would develop his raw skill set. With Quinton Patton (36 catches in three years) in the mix for the No. 2 WR role right now, the 49ers need to take a hard look at this wide receiver class. Carroo comes with terrific ball skills and polished route-running abilities.

Philadelphia Eagles

Round 1 (8): Ezekiel Elliott, RB, Ohio State
Round 3 (77): Xavien Howard, CB, Baylor
Round 3 (79): Shon Coleman, OT, Auburn

Analysis: No, I don't normally advocate for taking a running back in the first round, but there are exceptions to every rule. Adrian Peterson was one back in 2007, Todd Gurley was another in 2015, and Elliott is yet another this year. He's an instinctive runner, a tough blocker and a natural pass-catcher. A Day 1 starter, Elliott would take pressure off QB Sam Bradford from the get-go. Both Howard and Coleman would help the Eagles add depth at cornerback and tackle, respectively.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Round 1 (9): Jack Conklin, OT, Michigan State
Round 2 (39): Chris Moore, WR, Cincinnati
Round 3 (74): Shilique Calhoun, DE, Michigan State

Analysis: For a team that wants to run the ball and needs a right tackle, Conklin is a better fit for Tampa Bay than Ronnie Stanley. The Michigan State product is a natural fit on the right side as a plug-and-play starter. He has the long arms (35 inches) and agility to protect the QB and would be a welcome sight for second-year QB Jameis Winston. So too would Moore. Vincent Jackson had just 33 catches in 10 games last season, as he struggled to stay healthy. Moore has underrated playmaking ability and the potential to develop into a solid No. 2 WR. He would give Winston a good underneath option to complement Mike Evans. Calhoun, meanwhile, needs to get stronger against the run, but he brings an impact edge rusher if developed properly.

New York Giants

Round 1 (10): Ronnie Stanley, OT, Notre Dame
Round 2 (40): Kamalei Correa, OLB, Boise State
Round 3 (71): Pharoh Cooper, WR, South Carolina

Analysis: I know the Giants need to continue to add playmakers to their defense, but the value with Stanley was too good to pass up here. With his long arms (35½ inches) and athletic skill set, Stanley has the ideal makeup to develop into a blindside protector at the next level. Correa really gets after the passer (19 sacks and five forced fumbles in his final two seasons at Boise State). He'd give the Giants a stable of explosive pass-rushers, joining Olivier Vernon and Jason Pierre-Paul. Cooper has the versatility and big-play ability to make life easier for Eli Manning and Odell Beckham Jr.

Chicago Bears

Round 1 (11): Leonard Floyd, OLB, Georgia
Round 2 (41): Jason Spriggs, OT, Indiana
Round 3 (72): Hassan Ridgeway, DT, Texas

Analysis: Floyd possesses rare speed and athleticism for his position. That's good news for Chicago, which is in need of playmakers off the edge after Lamarr Houston led the team with just 8.0 sacks in 2015. The Bears picked up Bobby Massie in free agency, but drafting another tackle like Spriggs would allow Kyle Long to bump back inside to his natural position at guard, solidifying the O-line. Ridgeway is a great example of the value teams will be able to find with defensive tackles in the middle rounds. He'd be another welcome addition to a defense that was soft up the middle in 2016.

New Orleans Saints

Round 1 (12): Sheldon Rankins, DT, Louisville
Round 2 (47): Joshua Garnett, G, Stanford
Round 3 (78): Jaylon Smith, OLB, Notre Dame

Analysis: I love the fit with Rankins and the Saints. He fills a huge need on their defense with his ability to pressure the quarterback from the interior. A high-motor player, Rankins also excels against the run -- good news for a Saints defense that got gashed far too often last season. Smith would've been my No. 1 overall player if not for the devastating knee injury he suffered in his final collegiate game. He's one of the ultimate risk-reward players in this class, with rare ability to impact the game on every snap when healthy.

Miami Dolphins

Round 1 (13): Shaq Lawson, DE, Clemson
Round 2 (42): Kendall Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech
Round 3 (73): Kenneth Dixon, RB, Louisiana Tech

Analysis: Mario Williams (31) and Cameron Wake (34) are both getting up there in age, so the Dolphins need to find a way to infuse some youth along their D-line in this draft. The more I watch Lawson, the more I love his game. It wasn't a fluke that he led the nation with 25.5 tackles for loss; he plays with a combination of quickness, power, technique and relentlessness that is hard to stifle. Fuller and Dixon would fill two of the Dolphins' bigger needs entering the draft.

Oakland Raiders

Round 1 (14): Chris Jones, DT, Mississippi State
Round 2 (44): Mackensie Alexander, CB, Clemson
Round 3 (75): Devontae Booker, RB, Utah

Analysis: Rather than reach for CB Eli Apple in the first round, I like the idea of Oakland plugging a hole at DT with Jones. He has the tools to develop into a big-time difference-maker along the interior of the D-line, which is what Oakland needs. The risk with Jones is his immaturity and the inconsistent effort he shows when he wears down. Even though Alexander finished his college career without an interception, he has one of the higher ceilings in this year's cornerback class because of his movement and pure press-man coverage skills. Booker would give the Raiders a reliable backup behind Latavius Murray.

Los Angeles Rams

Round 1 (15): Laquon Treadwell, WR, Mississippi
Round 2 (43): Christian Hackenberg, QB, Penn State
Round 2 (45): Nick Martin, C, Notre Dame
Round 3: (76): Daryl Worley, CB, West Virginia

Analysis: The Rams look like they hit on 2015 first-rounder Todd Gurley, but they need to continue to surround him with talent. Treadwell -- who projects as a big-bodied weapon in the short-to-intermediate passing game because of his 4.63 speed -- would complement the smaller, speedier Tavon Austin. Hackenberg's tape is up and down (his best season was as a freshman under Texans coach Bill O'Brien), but Los Angeles has no choice but to try to develop a quarterback, with the Nick Foles/Case Keenum combination yielding below-average results in 2015.

Detroit Lions

Round 1 (16): Taylor Decker, OT, Ohio State
Round 2 (46): Robert Nkemdiche, DT, Mississippi
Round 3 (95): Will Redmond, CB, Mississippi State

Analysis: Decker isn't flashy, but he has one of the highest floors of anyone in this class. He's an easy choice for the Lions, who have allowed QB Matthew Stafford to be sacked 89 times over the past two seasons. Nkemdiche's inconsistent tape and off-field issues are a concern, but his raw talent makes him a worthwhile risk midway through Round 2. The Lions could use another young stud CB to play opposite Darius Slay. Redmond, who tore his ACL in October 2015, has the instincts and cover skills to fit in either a man or zone coverage scheme.

Atlanta Falcons

Round 1 (17): Darron Lee, OLB, Ohio State
Round 2 (50): Hunter Henry, TE, Arkansas
Round 3 (81): Carl Nassib, DE, Penn State

Analysis: The Falcons were the worst defense in the NFL at covering running backs and tight ends last season, allowing 213 combined completions, according to ESPN Stats & Information research. Lee would help solve that problem with his 4.47 speed and outstanding coverage ability. At 6-foot-5 and 250 pounds, Henry would give QB Matt Ryan a much-needed weapon down the seam, while Nassib would help bolster a pass rush that generated just 19 sacks last season.

Indianapolis Colts

Round 1 (18): Karl Joseph, S, West Virginia
Round 2 (48): Cody Whitehair, G/C, Kansas State
Round 3 (82): Jerald Hawkins, OT, LSU

Analysis: I wanted to get the Colts an offensive lineman with their first-round pick, but the value just wasn't there. So I went with the best player on the board (Joseph), who could be their next Bob Sanders. Joseph is one of the more violent and efficient tacklers we've studied recently at the safety position. Concerns about his 2015 knee injury aside, he's one of the fastest-rising prospects in this draft. Whitehair shows exceptional awareness on tape and would provide the Colts with a versatile interior lineman. Hawkins has the frame, skill set and football character to develop into a solid right tackle starter in the NFL.

Buffalo Bills

Round 1 (19): Reggie Ragland, ILB, Alabama
Round 2 (49): Jonathan Bullard, DE, Florida
Round 3 (80): KeiVarae Russell, CB, Notre Dame

Analysis: I tried to get Buffalo an edge rusher in Round 1, but there wasn't great value available by the time it was their turn to pick. I went with Ragland instead, who would help improve a Bills defense that allowed 4.4 yards per carry last season (25th overall). He was a tone-setter in the middle of Alabama's championship defense last season, and he has the toughness to excel as a downhill linebacker. Ragland would be a good fit with Bullard, who makes a ton of effort plays on tape. The Florida product also would be a movable piece along the D-line for Rex Ryan, having played both inside and outside in college.

New York Jets

Round 1 (20): Vernon Hargreaves III, CB, Florida
Round 2 (51): Noah Spence, OLB, Eastern Kentucky
Round 3 (83): Joshua Perry, ILB, Ohio State

Analysis: We downgraded Hargreaves a bit because of his less-than-ideal measurables (5-foot-10 frame and 30 5/8-inch arms), but he has the aggressiveness and confidence to develop into a quality starting CB on the outside. The Jets need one of those to play opposite Darrelle Revis after cutting Antonio Cromartie. Spence fell to the second round here because of his off-field mishaps, but he has skill set to develop into an impact pass-rusher in the NFL.

Washington Redskins

Round 1 (21): Jarran Reed, DT, Alabama
Round 2 (53): Jihad Ward, DE, Illinois
Round 3 (84): Jordan Payton, WR, UCLA

Analysis: The Redskins allowed 4.8 yards per carry last season (31st in the NFL), which I tried to address with my first two picks here. Reed is the most dominant interior run-stuffer in the 2016 class, with the toughness to hold his ground and fight through double-teams. Ward's outstanding combination of height, bulk and arm length gives him a lot of upside as a run defender. Pierre Garcon is set to turn 30 before the season begins, so it makes sense to add a player like Payton, who has the skill set to develop into a No. 2 WR.

Houston Texans

Round 1 (22): Josh Doctson, WR, TCU
Round 2 (52): Jerell Adams, TE, South Carolina
Round 3 (85): Su'a Cravens, S, USC

Analysis: What do you do after giving Brock Osweiler $37 million guaranteed? Easy: Give him as many weapons as possible. He already has WR DeAndre Hopkins and RB Lamar Miller, but Doctson and Adams would give Osweiler ample opportunity to succeed. Doctson is the best WR in this class when the ball is in the air, while Adams flashes big-play ability as a pass-catcher down the seam. Cravens, a physical and aggressive run defender, fits the mold of a hybrid safety who's comfortable lining up near or inside the box.

Minnesota Vikings

Round 1 (23): Will Fuller, WR, Notre Dame
Round 2 (54): Deion Jones, OLB, LSU
Round 3 (86): Adolphus Washington, DT, Ohio State

Analysis: Fuller blazed the second-fastest 40-yard dash time at the combine this year (4.32). On tape, he's a vertical burner who is always a threat to rip off a big play (20.3 yards per catch last season). The Vikings could use more playmakers like that to assist with QB Teddy Bridgewater's development. Washington was dominant at the Senior Bowl, showing good first-step quickness off the ball for his size (6-3, 301). He slipped here after a surprisingly poor combine performance, but he's skilled enough to develop into an every-down NFL starting DT.

Cincinnati Bengals

Round 1 (24): Corey Coleman, WR, Baylor
Round 2 (55): Kenny Clark, DT, UCLA
Round 3 (87): Jeremy Cash, S, Duke

Analysis: Both Mohamed Sanu and Marvin Jones left in free agency, so the Bengals need to add a playmaker opposite A.J. Green. While Coleman is a little undersized at 5-foot-11, he can change directions on a dime, which gives him a lot of upside in the NFL. Clark has the strength to eventually fill the Bengals' 4-3 nose tackle position. Cash projects as a hybrid S/LB with his ability to make plays against the run.

Pittsburgh Steelers

Round 1 (25): William Jackson III, CB, Houston
Round 2 (58): Darian Thompson, S, Boise State
Round 3 (89): Adam Gotsis, DE, Georgia Tech

Analysis: The Steelers' pass defense needs a major upgrade after allowing 272 yards per game last season (30th overall). Jackson has a good frame (6-0, 189 pounds) and elite speed (4.37 40). He thrives off the challenge of facing the opposing team's No. 1 WR, while Thompson finished his Boise State career with 19 interceptions. Gotsis shows terrific toughness on tape and would provide a boost to Pittsburgh's run defense as he continues to develop.

Seattle Seahawks

Round 1 (26): Andrew Billings, DT, Baylor
Round 2 (56): Derrick Henry, RB, Alabama
Round 3 (90): Le'Raven Clark, OT, Texas Tech
Round 3 (97): Briean Boddy-Calhoun, CB, Minnesota

Analysis: A nimble athlete for his size (310 pounds), Billings is a dominant and versatile run defender. He still needs to develop as a pass-rusher, but he'd get plenty of one-on-one opportunities playing in Seattle's stellar front seven. Henry has a ridiculous size-speed combo, running a 4.54 40 at 247 pounds. I love the fit within the Seahawks' scheme, especially considering he'd stay fresh splitting carries with Thomas Rawls. Clark, meanwhile, has the frame and the length to develop into a starting left tackle. He fills a need in Seattle after Russell Okung left for the Broncos in free agency.

Green Bay Packers

Round 1 (27): Vernon Butler, DT, Louisiana Tech
Round 2 (57): Nick Vannett, TE, Ohio State
Round 3 (88): B.J. Goodson, ILB, Clemson

Analysis: A massive defensive lineman with good quickness for his size, the 323-pound Butler is a premier run defender. On tape, he wins a high percentage of one-on-one matchups. I love the fit with the Packers, as Butler is capable of playing NT and DE in a 3-4. Vannett had a strong showing at the Senior Bowl, showcasing his route running and ball skills. Aaron Rodgers can never have too many weapons, especially down the seam. With Clay Matthews moving back to outside linebacker, Goodson would give Green Bay more depth and some upside at ILB.

Kansas City Chiefs

Round 1 (28): A'Shawn Robinson, DT, Alabama
Round 2 (59): Braxton Miller, WR, Ohio State

Analysis: No. 28 is around the right range for Robinson, who has impressive movement skills for his size but plays too upright and his motor can run a little too hot and cold. Going to a team like Kansas City, with plenty of veterans who lead by example, would be ideal. Miller has been playing WR for only one year, but he has continued to improve his route running, and his ability in the open field is undeniable. He'd give Alex Smith a much-needed weapon in the short-to-intermediate passing game.

Arizona Cardinals

Round 1 (29): Ryan Kelly, C, Alabama
Round 3 (92): Jacoby Brissett, QB, North Carolina State

Analysis: I thought about taking Paxton Lynch in the first round, but decided instead to solidify to center position. The Cardinals, who traded their second-rounder to New England for Chandler Jones, have made a point to upgrade their offensive line over the past few seasons; Kelly would give them another building-block piece up front to protect 36-year-old QB Carson Palmer. Brissett, meanwhile, has the tools and work ethic to develop into a good backup QB in the NFL. Given time to work under Palmer and learn from quarterback guru Bruce Arians, there's a chance Brissett could eventually emerge as an adequate starter.

Carolina Panthers

Round 1 (30): Germain Ifedi, OT, Texas A&M
Round 2 (62): Austin Johnson, DT, Penn State
Round 3 (93): Justin Simmons, S, Boston College

Analysis: Ifedi has all of the measurables you're looking for in a OT prospect -- 6-foot-6, 324 pounds and 36-inch arms. He has the raw tools to one day develop into a starting left tackle. With experience playing guard and tackle, Ifedi would give the Panthers some options up front. Both of Carolina's starting DTs (Kawann Short and Star Lotulelei) are free agents next offseason, so it makes sense to bring in a guy like Johnson, who could develop into a starter if one or both of those guys left. Simmons had an eye-opening combine workout -- best short-shuttle (3.85 seconds) and eighth-best vertical jump (40 inches) -- and a nose for the ball while at Boston College. Carolina needs another playmaker to pair with Kurt Coleman in the back end.

Denver Broncos

Round 1 (31): Connor Cook, QB, Michigan State
Round 2 (63): Sheldon Day, DT, Notre Dame
Round 3 (94): Jordan Howard, RB, Indiana
Round 3 (98): Connor McGovern, G, Missouri

Analysis: With just Mark Sanchez and Trevor Siemian on the depth chart, quarterback is by far the biggest hole for the defending Super Bowl champions. At pick No. 31, there wasn't a single player left on the board with a first-round grade, and Cook was actually less of a reach than the top available players at other positions of need. Cook improved as a senior, showing more comfort with his reads and better anticipation as a passer. Day's motor is second to none at the DT position; he's one of the most underrated players in this draft and would thrive in Wade Phillips' defense, which highlights versatile interior guys who can penetrate. Howard, meanwhile, has the size, power, vision and competitiveness to eventually develop into a bell-cow starter in the NFL. He'd give the Broncos a good one-two punch with C.J. Anderson.

New England Patriots

Round 2 (60): Tyler Boyd, WR, Pittsburgh
Round 2 (61): Cyrus Jones, CB, Alabama
Round 3 (91): Javon Hargrave, DT, South Carolina State
Round 3 (96): C.J. Prosise, RB, Notre Dame

Analysis: The Patriots have made a point to surround Tom Brady with more weapons this offseason (WR Chris Hogan, TE Martellus Bennett), but they still need an outside WR. Boyd has the size (6-1) and savvy route-running skills to develop into a solid No. 2 at the next level. Jones has experience working as the nickel CB and also adds value as a punt returner (four TDs in college). The Patriots already have two smaller RBs (Dion Lewis and James White); at 6-foot and 220 pounds, Prosise would fill the big-back role.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I can't imagine. Big, athletic and productive says no chance in hell. But who knows, things go on behind the scenes we don't know about.
Finally looked through the whole thing, he has Lynch going in the 2nd and some other guys guys dropping to the mid 2nd.

He is usually plugged in so Lynch, Dodd and Ogbah are eye openers.

I Don't know who I would want between him and Dodd.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Finally looked through the whole thing, he has Lynch going in the 2nd and some other guys guys dropping to the mid 2nd.

He is usually plugged in so Lynch, Dodd and Ogbah are eye openers.

I Don't know who I would want between him and Dodd.
I prefer Ogbah to Dodd. To me he is just a better athlete and didn't benefit from playing opposite another top DE in Lawson. Besides I feel like every year we are talking about another Clemson pass rusher. But lots of these guys aren't turning into much in the pros. Guys like Vic Beasley and Da'Quan Bowers have kind of been disappointments. (Beasley still has time and honestly I loved his play making in college)

BipolarFuk

Demoted
NFL MOCK DRAFT - 04/14/2016

By Jared Dubin
CBSSports.com NFL Writer

ROUND 1
1. LOS ANGELES RAMS
(0-0) Jared Goff, QB, California: The early rumors have Carson Wentz pegged for this spot, but Goff makes far more sense. Not only is he a California kid through and through, but he?s better at creating his own passing windows with quick decision-making, a good fit for an offense that should be based around Todd Gurley and a whole lot of play-action passing.

2. CLEVELAND BROWNS
(3-13) Jalen Ramsey, FS, Florida State: We posited last week that the Rams pass on a quarterback for Ramsey, and that?s still the case here.

3. SAN DIEGO CHARGERS
(4-12) Laremy Tunsil, OT, Ole Miss: San Diego had an absolutely dreadful offensive line situation last season, and has to be thrilled that it looks entirely possible that Tunsil will fall to them at No. 3.

4. SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS (MOCK TRADE WITH DALLAS)
(5-11) Carson Wentz, QB, North Dakota State: Our second trade happens right here. The 49ers are sitting in the 7-spot behind two teams that could very easily move down the board for more picks in the Cowboys and Ravens. Moving up ahead of that Ravens pick allows them to ensure they get their quarterback, which they do in Wentz.

5. JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS
(5-11) Joey Bosa, DE, Ohio State: The Jags still get their man to further solidify what should be an excellent front four.

6. BALTIMORE RAVENS
(5-11) Myles Jack, OLB, UCLA: And the Ravens get their athletic, rangy, jack-of-all-trades linebacker to fortify what was a surprisingly bad defense last season. With Jack next to C.J. Mosley at the second level, that won?t be the case for long.

7. DALLAS COWBOYS (MOCK TRADE WITH SAN FRANCISCO)
(4-12) Ezekiel Elliott, RB, Ohio State: You can justify taking a running back this high when (a) you get extra draft picks for moving down a few slots; and (b) it?s a player as talented as Elliott. Sure, they can get by with Alfred Morris, Darren McFadden, and Lance Dunbar, but why just get by when you can get a game-changer?

8. PHILADELPHIA EAGLES
(7-9) Paxton Lynch, QB, Memphis: Sure, this is a bit high for Lynch, with two QBs off the board inside the top-4, the Eagles could shake things up a bit and reach for the next best guy.

9. TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS
(6-10) DeForest Buckner, DE, Oregon: Buckner circles back around to the slot where we originally had him falling. Let?s all just enjoy him and Gerald McCoy wreaking havoc up the middle for years.

10. NEW YORK GIANTS
(6-10) Ronnie Stanley, OT, Notre Dame: It?s not as exciting as last week?s pick of Ezekiel Elliott, but it would help the Giants just as much, if not more.

11. CHICAGO BEARS
(6-10) Darron Lee, OLB, Ohio State: The Bears still need an immense amount of help on the second level of their defense, especially over the middle. Lee is the fastest linebacker in the draft this side of Jack.

12. NEW ORLEANS SAINTS
(7-9) A'Shawn Robinson, DT, Alabama: This is one of the few picks we?ve had staying static every week. The fit makes as much sense now as it did then.

13. MIAMI DOLPHINS
(6-10) Shaq Lawson, DE, Clemson: Mario Williams only got a two-year deal and Cameron Wake is 34 years old. Somebody will have to rush the passer in Miami when they?re gone. If he can rotate in and learn from tricks from them right now, that?s all the better.

14. OAKLAND RAIDERS
(7-9) Vernon Hargreaves III, CB, Florida: And in one offseason, the Raiders turn their biggest weakness into a strength.

15. TENNESSEE TITANS
(3-13) Jack Conklin, OT, Michigan State: The Titans? move down the board works out swimmingly, as they pick up a whole lot of extra value and still get one of the draft?s top tackles. They can even justify keeping Taylor Lewan on the left side if they take a tackle in the middle of the first round as opposed to No. 1.

16. DETROIT LIONS
(7-9) Laquon Treadwell, WR, Ole Miss: With the other targets we?ve had locked for the Lions off the board, they circle back around to taking Treadwell. Pairing him with Golden Tate and Marvin Jones gives Matthew Stafford a deep and versatile group of pass-catchers to help him take the next step forward.

17. ATLANTA FALCONS
(8-8) Reggie Ragland, ILB, Alabama: Still one of the most sensible fits in this year?s draft. The Falcons need more help up the middle on defense than almost any team.

18. INDIANAPOLIS COLTS
(8-8) Jack Conklin, OT, Michigan State: We?ll buy billboards, domain names, newspaper ads, promote sponsored hash tags, just do whatever it takes to Keep Andrew Luck Healthy.

19. BUFFALO BILLS
(8-8) Josh Doctson, WR, TCU: With Treadwell off the board this week, the Bills opt for Doctson, who might be the best receiver in this class anyway. His body control is off the charts, and it almost wouldn?t be fair to have him and Sammy Watkins snatching passes out of the sky together.

20. NEW YORK JETS
(10-6) Leonard Floyd, OLB, Georgia: GiveToddBowlesSomePassRushers.com

21. WASHINGTON REDSKINS
(9-7) Andrew Billings, DT, Baylor: If Washington wants to repeat last year?s division title, the defense has to improve. That process starts up front. Billings can make plays all over the field, whether behind the line of scrimmage or 10-20 yards away.

22. HOUSTON TEXANS
(9-7) Corey Coleman, WR, Baylor: This next set of picks still looks like a run on wide receivers. Coleman is a burner and a very different player from DeAndre Hopkins. His speed should work well on deep shots down the field off play-action to Lamar Miller.

23. MINNESOTA VIKINGS
(11-5) Will Fuller, WR, Notre Dame: The Vikes still get Fuller to help Teddy Bridgewater stretch his skill set.

24. CINCINNATI BENGALS
(12-4) Michael Thomas, WR, Ohio State: Brandon LaFell is not a real No. 2 receiver, but Thomas might be. He had a strange college career, but he?s a heck of an athlete and would give Andy Dalton some monster targets to throw to alongside A.J. Green and Tyler Eifert.

25. PITTSBURGH STEELERS
(10-6) Mackensie Alexander, CB, Clemson: This is a really strong draft for defensive backs, which works out great for the Steelers, who might have the worst DB situation in the league.

26. SEATTLE SEAHAWKS
(10-6) Jason Spriggs, OT, Indiana: The Seahawks so very badly need someone to protect Russell Wilson?s blindside (and clear the way for Thomas Rawls to do his work as well).

27. GREEN BAY PACKERS
(10-6) Kenny Clark, DT, UCLA: We?ve said it before and we?ll say it a few more time between now and draft day: Green Bay?s biggest weakness last season was run defense. Stick Clark in the middle and let him do his thing.

28. KANSAS CITY CHIEFS
(11-5) William Jackson III, CB, Houston: Jackson, Marcus Peters, Eric Berry, and Ron Parker is one heck of a secondary.

29. NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS (FORFEITED PICK)
(12-4)

30. ARIZONA CARDINALS
(13-3) Sheldon Rankins, DT, Louisville: Rankins is talented enough to excel pretty much anywhere, but if he gets the chance to play next to Calais Campbell, that could be really special for him.

31. CAROLINA PANTHERS
(15-1) Kevin Dodd, DE, Clemson: We?ve had Emmanuel Ogbah here a few times, but the rawness of his skill sets pushed Dodd into the first round. Dodd isn?t quite as heralded as his teammate Shaq Lawson, but the man can pressure the edge.

32. DENVER BRONCOS
(12-4) Robert Nkemdiche, DT, Ole Miss: Denver lucks out with one of the most talented players in the draft falling all the way to No. 31 because of various off-field concerns. The Broncos will happily snatch him up and turn him into a monster.

Last edited:

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
7. DALLAS COWBOYS (MOCK TRADE WITH SAN FRANCISCO)
(4-12) Ezekiel Elliott, RB, Ohio State: You can justify taking a running back this high when (a) you get extra draft picks for moving down a few slots; and (b) it?s a player as talented as Elliott. Sure, they can get by with Alfred Morris, Darren McFadden, and Lance Dunbar, but why just get by when you can get a game-changer?
I would cream myself. Extra picks AND Elliott? Holy shit.

Of course there's no way this will happen.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would cream myself. Extra picks AND Elliott? Holy shit.

Of course there's no way this will happen.
It's better then reaching for him at 4 but I would be livid if Wentz fell in our laps and we moved down for a stupid middle round pick.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
It's better then reaching for him at 4 but I would be livid if Wentz fell in our laps and we moved down for a stupid middle round pick.
Yeah, that's a retarded trade. Your QB is 36 and starting to physically break down. A potential franchise QB falls in your lap. So what do you do? Trade down for a fucking RB.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
I don't know... I like Wentz a lot, but giving up #4 for #7, #68 a first in 2017 and a 2nd in 2018 would be hard to pass up...

Top Bottom