Draft Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
There was some leaks on the board but I'm not remembering of it was last year or the one before.
There were leaks the year before, but I can't remember who did that. :unsure

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah I didn't get that feeling at all. But hearing Jerry talk about QB gave me a pretty sick feeling. Basically talking about how horrible it would be if we drafted a QB, developed him and then his contract runs up before he is able to play because of Romo at the starting spot. Just makes me feel like not only is there zero chance we go QB in the first of this draft but that Jerry really isn't interested in finding a future franchise QB at all.

He was basically gushing about our current RBs too. Really only talked about Dunbar and his injury of how that may impact the draft.

My guess from the news conference is Bosa. They actually talked about his character and made it sound like it wasn't really a concern.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The way Jerry said this and then brought it back up later actually made it sound like he was trying to make the value of the 4th pick greater. Basically talking about what amazing talent there is at 4. Later in the conference he basically said if someone wants one of those top players they can offer us.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Yeah I didn't get that feeling at all. But hearing Jerry talk about QB gave me a pretty sick feeling. Basically talking about how horrible it would be if we drafted a QB, developed him and then his contract runs up before he is able to play because of Romo at the starting spot. Just makes me feel like not only is there zero chance we go QB in the first of this draft but that Jerry really isn't interested in finding a future franchise QB at all.

He was basically gushing about our current RBs too. Really only talked about Dunbar and his injury of how that may impact the draft.

My guess from the news conference is Bosa. They actually talked about his character and made it sound like it wasn't really a concern.
I really hate this franchise sometimes :lol

Cotton

Staff member
How does one come about getting such card?
Just get [MENTION=15]pdom[/MENTION] to add you to his list. Maybe start a thread about it, Phil, and see who all wants in.

data

Forbes #1
Just get @pdom to add you to his list. Maybe start a thread about it, Phil, and see who all wants in.
I'm thinking about a secret square. Each poster gets to choose a buddy poster, associated to a certain trait (like when pdom hits 100 posts). You'll know the buddy poster, but not what the trait is.

Cotton

Staff member
I'm thinking about a secret square. Each poster gets to choose a buddy poster, associated to a certain trait (like when pdom hits 100 posts). You'll know the buddy poster, but not what the trait is.
Ooooohhhhhh, intrigue!

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Fuck.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
It's over. We're taking Ramsey. FML. Fuck this team. Fuck Jerry Jones and his idiot son.

D

Deuce

Just get @pdom to add you to his list. Maybe start a thread about it, Phil, and see who all wants in.
I want in too. It sounds stupid to me, but I need someone to take my mind off the rage when the inevitable occurs.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's over. We're taking Ramsey. FML. Fuck this team. Fuck Jerry Jones and his idiot son.
I felt good until Jerry started gushing about how Ramsey was suspended a game for practicing too hard and how that's the type of guy he wants on his team. Someone that practices like that because he will make everyone better. (Or he will get his teammates hurt in practice which Jerry seems to totally ignore. Was it Scandrick who has hurt teammates in practice before by going too hard?)

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
I so hope SD takes Ramsey, even if we don't take Elliot.

But I fully believe if Ramsey is available he'll be our pick.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
I also think if we were drafting first or second we still wouldn't take a QB because Jerry and even Jason are all in on Romo. Always have been . That last contract guaranteed he'd be here til he retired and just like in Aikmans final years, we have zero interest in forward-thinking. Dumbassery still reigns at the Ranch.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I also think if we were drafting first or second we still wouldn't take a QB because Jerry and even Jason are all in on Romo. Always have been . That last contract guaranteed he'd be here til he retired and just like in Aikmans final years, we have zero interest in forward-thinking. Dumbassery still reigns at the Ranch.
Jerry is delusional. Especially when it comes to Romo. I really believe that after listening to him today. It reminded me of the glory days of Jerry lecturing everyone of why you should never take a first round WR because they take too long to develop and by the time they are developed they are on another team. So instead he traded first round pick after first round pick for WRs. Jerry won't learn his lesson at QB until Romo retires and he is left with his dick in his hand again.

My only real hope is that Stephen is more in control of things these days and Jerry is just allowed to talk to the media to make him feel better. I have seen some signs of that being the case, so I'll cling to that for now.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
I agree crock. And I always thought that WR rationale was BS, but we kept refusing to draft them. Then we finally got Dez and guess what...immediate impact.

Same thing now with QB. My fear when we gave Romo the last extension was we'd ride him til he retired and not address the position til then and not win squat by then either. So far so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom