DeMarcus Lawrence SUSPENDED? WTF?!?!

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Maybe this shitty year will be the one that'll finally end Garrett's tenure. I'd rather we drafted Lynch at this point than spend another second deluding ourselves about any kind of window.
Nope. He gets another free pass.

That darn Randy Gregory and that darn Demarcus Lawrence ruined it for him.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Is Mincey still available???

GShock

DCC 4Life
Bosa was suspended for the first game at Va Tech last year.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Is Mincey still available???
Fuck no, I don't want anything to do with that whiney shit who can't play anymore.

Hardy is still available though!

Honestly you shouldn't change your draft strategy based on just 4 games. This just as easily could have been an ankle sprain during preseason. But I have been thinking about a defensive front draft with the first two picks. Why not just give the defensive line the treatment that we gave the O-line and stock it with talent. Something like a Bosa/Vernon Butler first and second pick.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Bosa and Buckner would both be fine picks at 4 whether Lawrence was suspended or not.

At this point I'd say Elliott is my first choice, then Bosa/Buckner, then Ramsey, assuming Lynch isn't a possibility, with a trade down being the most preferred option.
Good stuff.

I elevate Buckner slightly over Elliott because of the train wreck on defense (even before the suspensions), but on pure impact I agree Elliott all the way. I don't care if we use the 4th pick, either. Trading down is a complete crapshoot.

A great running game and strong QB play can make up for a bad defense, as 2014 proved. Elliott and a recovered Bryant would at least get us back to where we were two years ago and then some.

Heck, Lee, Scandrick, and Thornton provide clear upgrades over the 2014 defense. And Hell, we only had Lawrence for half that year anyways. BTW I don't believe Gregory has either the physical or mental makeup to become an NFL star, but even he might surprise.

And then there's the depth at DT in this draft. We could still pick up a solid DL at 34.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I guess David Irving and Ryan Russell are our starters for the first month as of right now.

GShock

DCC 4Life
Just saying that if we are gunshy about dlinemen with history of substance issues in college, that suspension (for reportedly refusing to take a drug test because he knew he would test positive for adderall), his statement that he liked to go to raves for the music (:ez), and Spence's alleged statements that he wasn't the only one doing drugs at OSU may point us in a different direction.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
My Cowboys WGAS meter is pretty low these days so I just shrugged off the news.

We'll still get our 7 or 8 wins.

If the Cowboys are smart they don't let this drastically alter their draft strategy.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life

If the Cowboys are smart they don't let this drastically alter their draft strategy.
I was Franchise QB > Buckner > Elliott > Bosa > everyone else long before this suspension.

Buckner will make the whole defense better for years. The Cardinals defense stopped being a joke the moment Calais Campbell took the field. I expect the same from Buckner.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Honestly you shouldn't change your draft strategy based on just 4 games.
I totally agree but now Gregory & Lawrence are a failed drug test away from a year long suspension, right? I don't think they should force the pick of a DL at #4 unless they were planning on taking one there anyway, but they are going to probably need to invest a couple of picks there in this draft.

But I have been thinking about a defensive front draft with the first two picks. Why not just give the defensive line the treatment that we gave the O-line and stock it with talent. Something like a Bosa/Vernon Butler first and second pick.
I am in the camp that wants Elliot at #4 but if they aren't going to do that then it probably isn't a bad direction to go.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

What is funny is I just chuckled softly and shook my head when I first read the news.

Although the narrative around here is I shit myself, that is not true.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I totally agree but now Gregory & Lawrence are a failed drug test away from a year long suspension, right? I don't think they should force the pick of a DL at #4 unless they were planning on taking one there anyway, but they are going to probably need to invest a couple of picks there in this draft.

I am in the camp that wants Elliot at #4 but if they aren't going to do that then it probably isn't a bad direction to go.
I wonder if Lawrence will stall his suspension to at least staggar it with Gregory's.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Welcome back, Hardy.

Top Bottom