Mosley: The Cowboys are bluffing when it comes to their thoughts on drafting QB at 4

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
I've always thought they had Ramsey in their sights and would take him if he's there at 4. Bosa and the others come into play if he's gone and maybe Wentz is gone too. It'll be interesting to see if they really are bluffing about Goff or actually like him too.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Five years! It is not a damn debate!
This would be great if it could happen. Couldn't ask for a better scenario than for Romo to be healthy enough to play for 5 more years.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I would love to get Bosa, Goff, Wentz...Elliot too, but RB at 4 is not ideal.

I am glad we are looking at Cook and Prescott...I can't really remember us bring in QBs for visits in recent years. It appears we don't have interest in Lynch either...he seems to have dropped in scouts eyes.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This would be great if it could happen. Couldn't ask for a better scenario than for Romo to be healthy enough to play for 5 more years.
Hell it would be great if he played 10 more years at this level.

But we have to be realistic evaluating his injuries. Clinging to a Romo on IR every year won't get us anywhere. I don't want to design our team building around an unrealistic expectation.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It appears we don't have interest in Lynch either...he seems to have dropped in scouts eyes.
He was one of our interviews during the combine. Not sure how much that matters but we have at least shown some interest.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
He was one of our interviews during the combine. Not sure how much that matters but we have at least shown some interest.
I think we like him more than Goff. But he has some developmental concerns. Might be more of a trade up back into the round to get late versus a take at 4 option like Wentz.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think we like him more than Goff. But he has some developmental concerns. Might be more of a trade up back into the round to get late versus a take at 4 option like Wentz.
Yeah either trade up from the second or trade down in the first. I'm not so sure we aren't looking at options after a trade down anyway. Treadwell is getting a workout afterall and I doubt he goes top 5 in this draft. But won't last anywhere close to the second.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I didn't realize we talked to him...I like him more than any other QB, but he'd be my third QB.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
If we are indeed consciously running a smokescreen with Goff in mind then it will end up being truly masterful. Part of me has wondered the same thing just because I know that we sent scouts to see his bowl game and it just makes no sense that we are obviously aware of a guy who is clearly a very polished prospect yet we are showing no interest at all in terms of the Combine or presumably pre-draft visits.

The smart money is on that we aren't really interested for whatever reason (likely because our front office is enamored with "prototype" measurements lately and are scared off by Goff's frame, hand size or whatever) but if it does indeed end up being a smokescreen then it will have been a masterful one.

Let's hope Mosley is right because I think Ramsey is as good as gone to the Chargers.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I didn't realize we talked to him...I like him more than any other QB, but he'd be my third QB.
Most every team talks to most every player at the combine.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's only post-combine.
Yeah I'm not talking about predraft visits. But during the few days of the combine I thought I remembered hearing teams are limited in the amount of scheduled interviews they can set up. Regardless there is a limited amount of time and every player doesn't meet with every team for an interview. For example we didn't set one up with Wentz.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Yeah I'm not talking about predraft visits. But during the few days of the combine I thought I remembered hearing teams are limited in the amount of scheduled interviews they can set up. Regardless there is a limited amount of time and every player doesn't meet with every team for an interview. For example we didn't set one up with Wentz.
You don't have to meet with everyone, but you are not limited on how many. You are only limited by time. I think the interviews are capped at 10 minutes or something like that.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
If we are indeed consciously running a smokescreen with Goff in mind then it will end up being truly masterful.
It would be, especially since we normally telegraph the world what we're planning to do.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
It would be, especially since we normally telegraph the world what we're planning to do.
Do we? Did anybody suspect we were trading up for Claiborne? Or trading up for Bryant? How about trading down and getting Frederick? Everybody and their dog expected us to take Manziel, but we ended up passing him for Martin.

Yep. We sure do telegraph what we're planning...

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Do we? Did anybody suspect we were trading up for Claiborne? Or trading up for Bryant? How about trading down and getting Frederick? Everybody and their dog expected us to take Manziel, but we ended up passing him for Martin.

Yep. We sure do telegraph what we're planning...
Yes, we do telegraph our intentions more times than not. I knew we were interested in Dez and was hoping we landed him. When we took Frederick we were all fixated on OL. And no, not everyone expected us take Manziel. The Johnny football media and fan hype machine may have been zeroed in on him, but I know many on here and in the the league knew were interested in Barr, Aaron Donald and if they were gone, possibly Martin.
Claiborne is the only one that really took people by surprise. But I don't see that as some elaborate smokescreen where we planned on that for weeks or months going into the draft.

Last edited:
Top Bottom