Machota: Jerry Jones - We've been thinking about drafting our QB of the future

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Just don't drink as much at a frat party said no rehab program ever.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
I just am tired of trying other team's retreads regardless the position. If Johnny couldn't get his crap together enough to take over a crappy team like Cleveland then what makes people think he could do it here. It's just like this running back thing going on here now. I hate it. Bite the F'n bullet and draft a good young kid that isn't a problem waiting to happen. I'm on the Lynch bandwagon right now after doing some research. Let him sit behind a hopefully healthy Romo for a year or two and then become our Aaron Rodgers.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I have heard no reports of him scaling back. Granted the only thing that would make the front page is him going out, so...

Regardless, his talent isn't even close enough to warrant taking the risk on his instability. I know we have been mainly focused on this instance in this debate, but it always boils down to a player's talent and whether they are worth the headache, and he is not even close, IMO.
If you have heared no reports about this you have not been looking.

It was widely reported that his teammates have spoken highly of the difference in him.

And I have no idea what you saw in those pictures to make you think he was going full-on frat boy, because he does not even look drunk.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
Because you have no idea if he actually has addiction problems. The guy checked himself into rehab. Do you not know what that means?

Definitively? I seriously doubt anyone but him could answer that with any accuracy.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you have heared no reports about this you have not been looking.

It was widely reported that his teammates have spoken highly of the difference in him.

And I have no idea what you saw in those pictures to make you think he was going full-on frat boy, because he does not even look drunk.
Iamtdg hates him because he went to Texas AM. If he had gone to tech he would be full homer mode for him. The guy has a lot of talent which makes it worth the risk.

Of course that's also why I don't think the Browns will part with him.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Iamtdg hates him because he went to Texas AM. If he had gone to tech he would be full homer mode for him. The guy has a lot of talent which makes it worth the risk.

Of course that's also why I don't think the Browns will part with him.
I didn't want Crabtree when he came out so your point is invalid.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
I just am tired of trying other team's retreads regardless the position. If Johnny couldn't get his crap together enough to take over a crappy team like Cleveland then what makes people think he could do it here. It's just like this running back thing going on here now. I hate it. Bite the F'n bullet and draft a good young kid that isn't a problem waiting to happen. I'm on the Lynch bandwagon right now after doing some research. Let him sit behind a hopefully healthy Romo for a year or two and then become our Aaron Rodgers.
I like Lynch better than Goff. But if he does end up being the consenus top QB the Browns will likely take him. The deal with Lynch is he is still raw. If he were available we would have a situation where he could sit and learn early on. Many analysis are saying he could thrive where he can sit and learn under the right hands. Problem in Dallas is I don't trust Garrett, Linehan and Wilson to develop a raw QB. But I think it'll be a moot point anyways.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I like Lynch better than Goff. But if he does end up being the consenus top QB the Browns will likely take him. The deal with Lynch is he is still raw. If he were available we would have a situation where he could sit and learn early on. Many analysis are saying he could thrive where he can sit and learn under the right hands. Problem in Dallas is I don't trust Garrett, Linehan and Wilson to develop a raw QB. But I think it'll be a moot point anyways.
Lynch is tall, athletic and has a great arm. The raw skills are great with him.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Haha one Tech player you didn't homer out for. Not exactly a great point.
The Tech player with more potential than any other in the last decade, so yeah.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
Maybe so, but I think he would be sitting behind Romo if he stayed healthy for another year or so and Romo could and I believe would help get him prepared. But again, as you say, it is a pipe dream of sorts. Goff looks good, but the kid is thin. he is whaat 6-4 210?

Top Bottom