Machota - Jerry Jones: Too early to talk about positives of a potential top-5 pick

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
My problem with bringing in a QB to sit and learn behind Romo is who is going to develop him? Wilson and Garrett? Come on. Sitting behind Romo with this coaching staff would just set the guy's career back.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
My problem with bringing in a QB to sit and learn behind Romo is who is going to develop him? Wilson and Garrett? Come on. Sitting behind Romo with this coaching staff would just set the guy's career back.
Sounds like an easy solution. Bring in a new coaching staff.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
This is actually my biggest concern and I would honestly trust Romo more to develop a young QB than either dipshit Garrett or Wilson. Especially a guy like Wentz who I think his biggest weaknesses are that his footwork can sometimes get stagnant in the pocket and he sometimes locks on to WR's. Romo's footwork in the pocket and ability to go through his progressions are arguably two of his biggest strengths.

Plus, Rodgers was drafted by one coaching staff in 2005 and then McCarthy was brought on in 2006. I don't think Garrett will be around in 2017 unless we make the playoffs next year so there is a half decent chance that he's fired after next season and a new staff is brought in.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I don't think Garrett will be around in 2017 unless we make the playoffs next year so there is a half decent chance that he's fired after next season and a new staff is brought in.
The thought of another season like this one is too much to bear. I might have to kill somebody/something if there's 18 more games of this shit.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
This is actually my biggest concern and I would honestly trust Romo more to develop a young QB than either dipshit Garrett or Wilson. Especially a guy like Wentz who I think his biggest weaknesses are that his footwork can sometimes get stagnant in the pocket and he sometimes locks on to WR's. Romo's footwork in the pocket and ability to go through his progressions are arguably two of his biggest strengths.

Plus, Rodgers was drafted by one coaching staff in 2005 and then McCarthy was brought on in 2006. I don't think Garrett will be around in 2017 unless we make the playoffs next year so there is a half decent chance that he's fired after next season and a new staff is brought in.
The coaching staff that drafted Rodgers wasn't bad. Darrell Bevell was his QB coach, the same guy who has been the Seahawks OC since 2011 and helped develop Russell Wilson.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
No shit. But we're not going to. It's going to be year 9 of the same stagnant offense.
Well I could also say we're not going to bring in a high draft pick at QB either but that's not what I would do. I can't predict Jerry Jones so I don't try to. All I can say is what I would do and that is to bring in a new head coach and draft one of the young QBs.

Besides, Garrett isn't long for the Cowboys. Jerry has been very critical of him this year. I'll be surprised if Garrett survives past next season.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The thought of another season like this one is too much to bear. I might have to kill somebody/something if there's 18 more games of this shit.
Better pray we get miracle another QB and somehow Romo plays the majority of the games next year.

Because you are going to get more of the same.

More Garrett. More Marinelli. More Linehan.

All in an effort to show that 2015, not 2014, was the outlier.

Top Bottom