Hot Take: Peyton Manning Will Struggle Mightily in 2015

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
It's only 1 game, but Manning did everything to strengthen the belief that he is on his way out and that he is going to have a rough season as [MENTION=6]1bigfan13[/MENTION] predicted.

175 yards, no TDs and 1 INT after week one to go along with a number of ugly looking passes.

It'll be interesting to see how he bounces back tonight.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I feel like the Rooney rule had something to do with this hire.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
And even that one was underthrown and Thomas had to jump up over the top of the DB to pull it in.

He looks completely done to me. I'm not even a fan of his but it's pretty sad to watch.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Never a fan of his and really haven't paid much attention but he's below career averages in almost every metric this season. Kind of surprised they're 4-0 but again, I haven't paid them any mind. Well, every player hits the wall eventually.

22cowboysfan22

Brand New Member
Never a fan of his and really haven't paid much attention but he's below career averages in almost every metric this season. Kind of surprised they're 4-0 but again, I haven't paid them any mind. Well, every player hits the wall eventually.
Denver is 4-0 because they have the best defense in the league. And even though Peyton is declining, they still have one of the best WR duos in the league in Thomas and Sanders.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Good call on the decline. Unbelievable how bad it ended up being. In the ten games he started he only had 9 TDs and 17 Int's. Even if he played the whole season he would've likely only had 16-17 TDs compared to 55 just two years ago. He hit that wall and hit it hard. I'm sure the new offense played a factor too but he's done after this year.

And it's really incredible how Brady, who is just a year younger, is still playing at the level of a top 3 QB in the league.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Good call on the decline. Unbelievable how bad it ended up being. In the ten games he started he only had 9 TDs and 17 Int's. Even if he played the whole season he would've likely only had 16-17 TDs compared to 55 just two years ago. He hit that wall and hit it hard. I'm sure the new offense played a factor too but he's done after this year.

And it's really incredible how Brady, who is just a year younger, is still playing at the level of a top 3 QB in the league.
He has been calling it for a couple of years though...:art
And games played Peyton 291 Brady 255 including Playoffs
We'll see how Brady is doing in 2 years...

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
It was pretty easy to predict, though, if you saw how bad he looked towards the end of last season.

It was obvious that he was done physically.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
He has been calling it for a couple of years though...:art
And games played Peyton 291 Brady 255 including Playoffs
We'll see how Brady is doing in 2 years...
Everyone knew he was declining. I'm just surprised at how rapidly it happened. 55 TDs / 17 Int's to 9 TD's / 17 INTs in two years. Even if he played a full season this year it'd equate to about 14 TD's / 24 Int's. He was playing well until late in the 2014 season, but that drop off was due to an injury. This year he was just down right awful. A new offense would explain a decrease in TD's but it was a significant drop coupled with a huge increase in INT's. I'm just glad he had a turnover free game vs. the Steelers. I would like to see him win it all but I think NE will beat them this week. Stuggling to get 20 pts a game isn't going to get it done in the AFCC game or SB.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Peyton was bad as expected but the defense was so great that they far exceeded the 8 victories that I predicted.

I wonder if reports are true that he was sniffing around looking for other starting opportunities. Did he not see how dreadful he played in 2015? No one is going to sign up for that. The Broncos won a Super Bowl with him and even they're saying thanks but no thanks.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Peyton was bad as expected but the defense was so great that they far exceeded the 8 victories that I predicted.

I wonder if reports are true that he was sniffing around looking for other starting opportunities. Did he not see how dreadful he played in 2015? No one is going to sign up for that. The Broncos won a Super Bowl with him and even they're saying thanks but no thanks.
Yeah he wasn't even a good bus driver. It's crazy how much they won considering how many INTs he threw.

Cotton

Staff member
I must say. Props, 1big. You nailed it.

Cotton

Staff member
In case anyone wants to watch, Peyton's retirement PC is on ESPN and NFLN live right now.

Cotton

Staff member
That was a great speech. Peyton deserves every one of he accolades he has received. The man was one of he best QBs to ever play the game.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
That was a great speech. Peyton deserves every one of he accolades he has received. The man was one of he best QBs to ever play the game.
He'd have been even better if he hadn't been forced to play in the playoffs.

Top Bottom