QB Controversy Thread...

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Every QB has clunker games. Hope that's all this was for Dak. He has to get his mechanics under control though or there will be a game or games in the future where Romo is gonna look real desireable.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
You didn't agree with it like 5 weeks ago. :lol
I have never said that Romo was the inferior QB. My point all along is that I wouldn't risk him being rusty and bad Romo when we have all this momentum going. But, now that I have seen 7 games worth of Dak, I'm not convinced Romo is "clearly" the better QB anymore.

townsend

Banned
Every QB has clunker games. Hope that's all this was for Dak. He has to get his mechanics under control though or there will be a game or games in the future where Romo is gonna look real desireable.
I agree with this. Especially in the two minute drill. I don't know if Romo is that guy anymore, but in most situations between 2006-2015 Romo would have closed that game before it gets to overtime

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
I have never said that Romo was the inferior QB. My point all along is that I wouldn't risk him being rusty and bad Romo when we have all this momentum going. But, now that I have seen 7 games worth of Dak, I'm not convinced Romo is "clearly" the better QB anymore.
Yeah, the whole "controversy" is getting to be a moot point. I mean..we are 7 games in, and the kid is playing well.

Unless Dak falls off the face of the planet, I'm guessing we don't see Romo back in the starting lineup till next season, and next training camp will be an open competition.

Uncle Jer sure isn't singing the Romo song much anymore either.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
Totally agree. I'm 100% on the Dak train. Let's see what he can do the rest of this season.

So far he's only lead us to the #1 seed in the NFC at the half way point. Pretty damn good for a rookie.

Even as frustrating as yesterday was at times I never thought we were out of it and felt Dak would bring us back.

Now that's not to say I wasn't cussing at the TV or pissed off at times but he again got the job done when it mattered most.

Yeah, he has to clean up some things but have total faith in him to get the job done.

Cotton

Staff member
Asked whether the Cowboys would keep Dak Prescott would remain the starter once Tony Romo is fully healthy on 105.3 The Fan in Dallas, Jerry Jones acknowledged the possibility of riding the hot hand but said, "I don't want to speculate on what we'll do when the time comes." Jones said he did not know whether Romo would be available Nov. 13 at Pittsburgh.

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I couldn't agree more. I don't think anyone at the start of this season thought Dallas could be a superbowl contender with Romo at QB. And now that we are a superbowl contender with Dak at QB, why would anyone want to switch?

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Is Birddog Jason Garrett's dad?

Cotton

Staff member
Jerry Jones: Once-in-lifetime opportunity plays into QB decision

BY CHAREAN WILLIAMS
cjwilliams@star-telegram.com

Owner Jerry Jones said the Cowboys are ready to let the quarterback situation “play out,” acknowledging they will take into account Dak Prescott’s “hot hand.”

With Tony Romo still rehabbing from a compression fracture in his back, Prescott has the Cowboys off to a surprising 6-1 start that has Jones dreaming big.

“We obviously think that’s a great situation to be in, know it’s a great situation to be in,” Jones said on his weekly radio show on 105.3 The Fan. “[We] have to pinch ourselves. …So you want to be very mindful of what you’ve got going. Right now we’ve got a lot of chemistry going and that’s got to be really recognized if you’re making that decision.”

But Jones said no decision is imminent. Romo, who injured his back 10 weeks ago in a preseason game, is not ready to return yet.

The team continues to kick the can down the road after initially giving Romo a 6-10 week diagnosis.

“I know that Tony’s making a lot of progress,” Jones said. “His strength is a key area. His back area is stronger than it was at any time last year after he had an early injury on his shoulder. All of that bodes well for us. I don’t think that unquestionably Tony is going to be ready to go at some point near the end of the year, and we’ll be able to evaluate things at that time.”

Romo became the Cowboys’ starter in the middle of the 2006 season. His job has never been challenged until now.

Jones insists, though, that Romo could handle being a backup to Prescott if that’s what happens.

“Tony has no issue with doing what’s best for the team – absolutely no issue doing what’s best for the team,” Jones said. “If you really step back and look at it, it has everything to do with our ability to try to have more success than we’ve had let’s say even in Tony’s career relative to this year and how this thing might end up. When you’ve got it going, we know these things can be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for everybody involved. We’ll look at it that way.”

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Yeah, the whole "controversy" is getting to be a moot point. I mean..we are 7 games in, and the kid is playing well.

Unless Dak falls off the face of the planet, I'm guessing we don't see Romo back in the starting lineup till next season, and next training camp will be an open competition.

Uncle Jer sure isn't singing the Romo song much anymore either.
I pretty much agree with this. My primary concern is getting Romo prepared for a solid backup. The team is really in trouble if Dak gets injured soon.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I pretty much agree with this. My primary concern is getting Romo prepared for a solid backup. The team is really in trouble if Dak gets injured soon.
Romo is ready. All the news is just smoke so they don't have to deal with fan backlash.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
We are the only NFL team with a backup QB who is an elite level NFL level QB. I'd hardly say we are "in trouble." I'd actually say we have the best backup QB situation in the NFL.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Romo is ready. All the news is just smoke so they don't have to deal with fan backlash.
He just put pads on last week. To my knowledge he hasn't even worked out with the team.

Top Bottom