Conference Championship Round Gameday Chatter|1/19/14

Carp

DCC 4Life
Betting line went from pick 'em, to Seattle by 2, now it is Denver by 1.5.

D

Deuce

It will be interesting to see if Denver can bottle up Lynch...now he is not the same talent as Lynch, but they did a good job with a physical back in Blount.
Seattle better hope they can't because I'm becoming more and more less impressed with Wilson. It's not entirely his fault cause their receiving core is average at best, but they can't rely on their passing game.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Wilson did well on those scramble plays, but he held the ball too long many times and did not make some throws when he had chances. Smart I guess because he did not risk ints, but they are going to have to score against Den.

data

Forbes #1
Yeah, Sherman was a bit overboard in his Andrews interview. But people are losing their f'n minds over it. My facebook is blowing up with idiots demanding that he gets suspended for the superbowl, that he's the lowest form of scum on the earth, etc... Seriously?

All this does is tell me two things. One, Sherman might have a swagga overload, but I wish we had somebody like him on our team. And two, I have a lot of idiots on my facebook. Looks like it might be time to trim the fat again.
America wants insight into the real ness and the emotions - running cameras into the huddle and mic'ng players up and asking questions while coaches are running into halftime locker rooms. Then, Richard Sherman gives it somewhat raw (I'm sure the real trash talk was worse), and America gets offended.

if it was too raw, then ask your questions after the showers.

While sherman could've controlled his emotion better, why should he have to -- raw emotion is why you shove a reporter at a player 10 minutes after the biggest moment of his football career.

I was was still yelling f bombs and saying I love that lil midget Ace 30 minutes after the game.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
It will be interesting to see if Denver can bottle up Lynch...now he is not the same talent as Lynch, but they did a good job with a physical back in Blount.
I was very surprised with how well Denver's defense played yesterday.

The Pats really didn't do much of anything until the game was pretty much over and they had to go into hurry up mode.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
No but they shouldn't deliberately try to screw the opponent with noise. Let the play on the field determine the outcome, not the crowd, "12".
QUE?

That's the whole point.

data

Forbes #1
Seattle better hope they can't because I'm becoming more and more less impressed with Wilson.

On the other hand, I'm becoming less and less more unimpressed with marshawn lynch.

Last edited:

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
This Super Bowl comes down to the QBs. There is such a disparity I can't imagine Denver losing.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
While sherman could've controlled his emotion better, why should he have to -- raw emotion is why you shove a reporter at a player 10 minutes after the biggest moment of his football career.
Exactly.

They got what they were asking for. Like you said, interviewing someone so soon after a game suggests that they want the player/coach while they are overcome with emotion.

I still don't see anything wrong with what he did. He didn't yell at Erin Andrews and he didn't use profanity.

I don't get what all the uproar is about.

I was was still yelling f bombs and saying I love that lil midget Ace 30 minutes after the game.
Your insults are simply a chink in my armor, but I too share a fondness for you as well. :art

data

Forbes #1
This Super Bowl comes down to the QBs. There is such a disparity I can't imagine Denver losing.
I don't think it comes down to the QBs. If Lynch gets going and defense continues to stifle, Seattle can with Wilson bus driving like he did last night. Couple of clutch plays but <200 yards passing and zero turnovers.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Denver is facing the best defense in football, and arguably the most physical team in football.

They will slow the Broncos down, and the game will play into Seattle's hands if the weather elements become a factor.

This will be a close game no matter what, but I think Seattle will definitely win if the Meadowlands infamous wind swirls are present that day.

data

Forbes #1
Your insults are simply a chink in my armor, but I too share a fondness for you as well. :art
:lol

bernie Mac has this one stand up (on YouTube for def comedy jam where he's wearing these ridiculous jeans) where he's saying that you know you're giving it real good to a girl when she starts saying everything wrong with you.

"Mmm...you broke ass, knotted knee m'fer"

Genghis Khan

I don't think it comes down to the QBs. If Lynch gets going and defense continues to stifle, Seattle can with Wilson bus driving like he did last night. Couple of clutch plays but <200 yards passing and zero turnovers.
I don't think that'll be enough. Manning will make very few mistakes. I think Wilson will make a bunch. Not necessarily turnovers, but general mistakes.

Genghis Khan

Truly shocking that social media produces this kind of reaction. Everyone knows the type of comments you get on the internet. Do we need an article about every single one?
Correct.

Some of those didn't even seem racist.

Top Bottom