MLB Chatter Thread

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Dozier led off tonight's game with another bomb. 5th straight game with a HR. 39 HRs and 92 RBI from the lead off spot. In the pregame show, Molitor was asked if he has considered moving Dozier to cleanup spot since he's banging HRs at a record pace. He said he thought about it, but doesn't want to mess with his mojo. Good call, coach. :lol

Jiggyfly

Banned
Bregman has been on fire.

325 with seven homers and a .969 OPS in 30 games since starting 1-for-32.

And a 3 run bomb tonight.:towel

Carp

DCC 4Life
Here come the Mets...sorry Cubs fans...it was a nice regular season.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Byron Buxton with another double and HR.

I hear there's already talk about changing the name of the silver slugger award to honor him.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Rangers September ERA is over 8. What a way to go into the playoffs.

Colby is coming back Sunday so after Sunday it will be down to 1.00.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Here come the Mets...sorry Cubs fans...it was a nice regular season.
I would love to play the Mets in the playoff this year. Hated the matchup for the Cubs last year but bring 'em on this year.

Carp

DCC 4Life
As an aside...I don't care one way or another that Tebow is signing with the Mets. I don't think the guy is an attention whore or whatever, he wanted to play QB, was not good enough, and did not want to convert to another position. All this money he supposedly left on the table with the NFL is laughable. He probably would get the vet minimum, 600K or so, I guess.

Instead of hanging on he joined ESPN as an analyst, did some things on Good Morning America. Then that selfish bastard helped raise 3 mil for a hospital in the Phillipines.

I wonder if Warren Moon is a super selfish fame whore for playing in the CFL as a QB, while NFL teams wanted to convert him to another position.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Obviously anything can happen in MLB playoffs but of the NL teams who the Cubs could potentially face I would take my chances with the depleted Mets.
I will feel much better about beating you guys this year...watching Schwarber play LF was like watching a retarded kid chase butterflies.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I will feel much better about beating you guys this year...watching Schwarber play LF was like watching a retarded kid chase butterflies.
Well, let's see if the Mets get past the Wild Card play in game. Then you can talk about how they are going to beat the Cubs with a Syndergaard start being burned on that Wild Card game.

Schwarber had a rough go of it in LF in the NLCS last year but he literally had never played LF until he came up to the Majors in the middle of last season. Something like that was bound to happen but they had to keep his bat in the lineup so they stuck him out there. Not the case this year. The Cubs have the best defense in MLB from a run prevention standpoint.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Well, let's see if the Mets get past the Wild Card play in game. Then you can talk about how they are going to beat the Cubs with a Syndergaard start being burned on that Wild Card game.

Schwarber had a rough go of it in LF in the NLCS last year but he literally had never played LF until he came up to the Majors in the middle of last season. Something like that was bound to happen but they had to keep his bat in the lineup so they stuck him out there. Not the case this year. The Cubs have the best defense in MLB from a run prevention standpoint.
You seem a little tight...unfamiliar territory for Cubs fans. I mean if you guys lose to a depleted Mets team...well, that would be hard to reconcile.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
You seem a little tight...unfamiliar territory for Cubs fans. I mean if you guys lose to a depleted Mets team...well, that would be hard to reconcile.
:lol

It would be tough to lose to any team in the playoffs at this point. But I worry less about the Mets this year than just about any other team that is likely to make the NL postseason. I really do hope they win the Wild Card game for that reason. I will be loose as a goose going into that series if that is the way it ends up.

Jiggyfly

Banned
As an aside...I don't care one way or another that Tebow is signing with the Mets. I don't think the guy is an attention whore or whatever, he wanted to play QB, was not good enough, and did not want to convert to another position. All this money he supposedly left on the table with the NFL is laughable. He probably would get the vet minimum, 600K or so, I guess.

Instead of hanging on he joined ESPN as an analyst, did some things on Good Morning America. Then that selfish bastard helped raise 3 mil for a hospital in the Phillipines.

I wonder if Warren Moon is a super selfish fame whore for playing in the CFL as a QB, while NFL teams wanted to convert him to another position.
Wait what?

Tebow refused to go to CFL unlike Warren Moon how are those things alike?

Oh yeah and Tebow was actually drafted to play QB in the 1st round for a coach that believed in him.

But yeah Moon and Tebow the similarities are uncanny.:unsure

And I have no issue with Tebow if he wants to play baseball more power to him.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
:lol

God damn. He compared two QBs that the NFL wanted to change positions. Nothing more. Relax, Al.

Way to go, Carp. You stirred up our resident racebaiter with your comparison of Tebow to a ~gasp~ black QB.

You monster.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Top Bottom