Chiefs have released Aaron Murray.

dallen

Senior Tech
Aaron Murray should be on a plane to Dallas this afternoon

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aaron Murray should be on a plane to Dallas this afternoon
I totally agree and while he may not be an "experienced QB" he has at least been in the NFL sitting and learning for a couple of years so he isn't exactly a rookie either.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I totally agree and while he may not be an "experienced QB" he has at least been in the NFL sitting and learning for a couple of years so he isn't exactly a rookie either.
And he got beat out by Tyler Bray, I don't see how he should be considered a priority.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
And he got beat out by Tyler Bray, I don't see how he should be considered a priority.
Exactly. I'd be ok with Murray because he's better than Showers and we need *somebody*, but wouldn't exactly be what I was looking for.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Teams make mistakes on QBs all the time. Especially when they have 5 of them they are trying to evaluate at the same time. It's like you guys are using the Mickey Spags rule, well if they are available, they must not be that good.

Well it's because the Chiefs overloaded the position way too much.

dallen

Senior Tech
Murray might not be great, but he's got a much better chance of developing into a decent backup than Showers has. Our top 2 QBs heading into the preseason went down injured. We're kind of desperate at this point. A 4/10 QB is still an upgrade over a 2/10.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Murray might not be great, but he's got a much better chance of developing into a decent backup than Showers has. Our top 2 QBs heading into the preseason went down injured. We're kind of desperate at this point. A 4/10 QB is still an upgrade over a 2/10.
I'll take a QB who was very good in college and looked good in preseason over a QB who was shit in college and looked terrible in preseason every day of the week.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Teams make mistakes on QBs all the time. Especially when they have 5 of them they are trying to evaluate at the same time. It's like you guys are using the Mickey Spags rule, well if they are available, they must not be that good.

Well it's because the Chiefs overloaded the position way too much.
Or he sucks.

Have you actually watched him or is he just a familiar name?

By the way these are his pre season stats.

22-36 for 221 yards and three interceptions, don't see the fascination.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Or he sucks.

Have you actually watched him or is he just a familiar name?

By the way these are his pre season stats.

22-36 for 221 yards and three interceptions, don't see the fascination.
Hey. He is not Showers.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
At this point I have no idea but let's make through the weekend and see who is out there.

It's not like Murray is saving the season if Dak goes down.
Nor is anyone else.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Kansas City Chiefs

Cuts to 53: QB Aaron Murray, S Jeron Johnson

Top Bottom