MLB Chatter Thread

D

Deuce

He is similar to guys like Joc Pederson and George Springer in that he is a power/speed combo, low average/high strikeout guy. I don't think he is as good as either of those two but that isn't meant as a slight. I was fully aware of who he was when that trade for Myers went down (because I'm a baseball :geek) and I believe at the time of the trade I said that Souza had a strong chance to put up numbers at least comparable to Myers.
I think his average will improve as the season goes on. He started the season hot and then hit a major slump. At one time, I think he had 7 consecutive ab's that resulted in a K. But he's reduced those in the last 2 weeks and he's back on the rise.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Take this Souza stuff out of the Joey Gallo thread.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Chi Chi Gonzales with a complete game 3-hitter last night. He is kicking ass and has a cool name. :towel

Rev

Staff member
Twins @ Rangers this weekend.

It will be so awesome winning this series while jumping over the Astros for first place in the division.

:towel

Cotton

Staff member
Twins @ Rangers this weekend.

It will be so awesome winning this series while jumping over the Astros for first place in the division.

:towel
Means we can double dip troll this thread. :towel

Jiggyfly

Banned
It's the beginning of the Carlos Correa era, all bow in respect.:towel

This a great year for rookie Phenoms interesting to see how it shakes out by years end.

Looks like the Astros are all in the have called up 5 top prospects so far this year.

D

Deuce

:lol @ the Rangers using the #4 overall pick on a pitcher half the teams believe is a future reliever. Enjoy your poor man's Alexi Ogando.

Rev

Staff member
:lol @ the Rangers using the #4 overall pick on a pitcher half the teams believe is a future reliever. Enjoy your poor man's Alexi Ogando.
I will take it. Just a weak draft and besides the other half believe he is a starter.

Rev

Staff member
Evan Grant ‏@Evan_P_Grant 3m3 minutes ago Todd Guggiana, #Rangers area scout who recommended Dillon Tate, was also guy who scouted Joey Gallo.

GSM

D

Deuce

Rays took a HS OF at 13. Don't know much about him, but when commentators are asking "Is it fair to compare him to Mike Trout?", ya I'll take that.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Cubs took a switch hitting college OF (though versatile since he can also play 2B/3B) who, according to what I've been reading, has good all-around tools & excellent plate discipline/high OBP skills. Kris Bryant & Kyle Schwarber are their last two first round picks. They both destroyed the minors (Schwarber is still in the process) & Bryant has already shown serious skills at the MLB level. Going to go ahead & assume this kid Ian Happ that they just took is going to be able to play.

Last edited:

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Minnesota is the clear winner in the draft so far. They've picked 3-4 future HOFers already.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Does anyone on here actually dislike their teams picks? Sounds like there may be 30 all time greats in this draft.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Flores has been a whipping boy for me based on his defense, but he is starting to play better D and is really coming on offensively.

Rev

Staff member
Maybe next time, Twins.

Cotton

Staff member

Top Bottom