Tony Pauline: Jalen Ramsey Is Number One On Cowboys Board

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
At this point I'd almost be willing to put money on us doing just that.
I'd take that bet. How much money you got?

We have really shown nothing to suggest an interest in Ramsey or an interest in the "second tier" QBs. Now if Lynch somehow makes it to the second I'd be all over that. But I doubt that happens.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
I'd take that bet. How much money you got?

We have really shown nothing to suggest an interest in Ramsey or an interest in the "second tier" QBs. Now if Lynch somehow makes it to the second I'd be all over that. But I doubt that happens.
Really? Knowing our love for DB's and reports we have Ramsey #1 on our board? Also several reports show we are high on Prescott among others. If we don't sign a higher level backup QB in FA chances are we do draft a QB since all the talk from Jerry to Stephen to Garrett is the need for a quality backup behind Romo. So if we don't draft a QB first, then odds are we take one in the 2nd or 3rd unless we sign someone like RGIII. If not, doubt we pass totally on QB or wait til day 3.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Really? Knowing our love for DB's and reports we have Ramsey #1 on our board?
I have seen 1 report on us liking Ramsey. And it's the random little blurb that started this thread.

As far as Prescott is concerned what report says we like him? We talked to him but we talked to everyone. If a team takes Prescott in the first 3 rounds they are an idiot. Not saying a team won't, teams do stupid shit when it comes to QBs.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Also, raise your hand if you think Draftinsider.net has the inside scoop on the Cowboys lol.

I'd believe one of you saying your brother is a janitor at the stadium and saw the board over that shit.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
That's great. I still think there's a good chance we end up with Ramsey or Hargreaves plus a day 2 QB.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's great. I still think there's a good chance we end up with Ramsey or Hargreaves plus a day 2 QB.
You're just being paranoid. I'm sure Jerry won't pick all the guys I want but I'm not ready to go full doomsday scenario either considering our track record in recent drafts.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I really wouldn't mind CB in the second. There should be a starting quality corner available at our pick in the 2nd. Most years there is.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
You're just being paranoid. I'm sure Jerry won't pick all the guys I want but I'm not ready to go full doomsday scenario either considering our track record in recent drafts.
OH NO, CORNERBACK!! It's a yearly dramatic compilation of predictions of draft day doom, each more dire than the last.

Just smile and nod.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I really wouldn't mind CB in the second. There should be a starting quality corner available at our pick in the 2nd. Most years there is.
Yeah I wouldn't mind a cormer at all. Carr is in the last year of his deal and Claiborne is a free agent. So at worst we add a guy who starts in a year. I wonder how Fuller is doing.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Really? Knowing our love for DB's and reports we have Ramsey #1 on our board? Also several reports show we are high on Prescott among others. If we don't sign a higher level backup QB in FA chances are we do draft a QB since all the talk from Jerry to Stephen to Garrett is the need for a quality backup behind Romo. So if we don't draft a QB first, then odds are we take one in the 2nd or 3rd unless we sign someone like RGIII. If not, doubt we pass totally on QB or wait til day 3.
Our love for DB's?:lol

The over the top takes just keep on comming.

Man you are just going to will this scenario into happening so you can say see I told you.

Jiggyfly

Banned
It's just amazing that everybody is such an expert on Hargraves and Ramsey and anybody that drafts them that high are fools, yet they are consistently rated in the top 4 prospects by everybody.

But then I also remember when Barron was the darling of the board.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Our love for DB's?:lol

The over the top takes just keep on comming.

Man you are just going to will this scenario into happening so you can say see I told you.
The organization loves taking DB's high, more so than any other position since the turn of the century.

We drafted Roy Williams, Terrence Newman, Mike Jenkins, gave up a premium pick to move up for Morris Claiborne and Byron Jones in the 1st. That's 5 DB's in the 1st round, what other positional group have we drafted that high that often?

OL recently, sure, but that's only recently, not throughout the last 15 years, and that's pretty much it.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
It's just amazing that everybody is such an expert on Hargraves and Ramsey and anybody that drafts them that high are fools, yet they are consistently rated in the top 4 prospects by everybody.

But then I also remember when Barron was the darling of the board.
Barron?

Really?

Everybody loved David DeCastro as far as I remember, it was the organization who loved Barron. DeCastro was by far my favorite at 12 or where ever we were picking, I also loved Kuechly and very specifically remember arguing in favor of Poe who most of the board thought was nothing but a workout warrior. I remember smitty loved Fletcher Cox.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Barron?

Really?

Everybody loved David DeCastro as far as I remember, it was the organization who loved Barron. DeCastro was by far my favorite at 12 or where ever we were picking, I also loved Kuechly and very specifically remember arguing in favor of Poe who most of the board thought was nothing but a workout warrior. I remember smitty loved Fletcher Cox.
Yeah, I was all about DeCastro in that draft.

Jiggyfly

Banned
The organization loves taking DB's high, more so than any other position since the turn of the century.

We drafted Roy Williams, Terrence Newman, Mike Jenkins, gave up a premium pick to move up for Morris Claiborne and Byron Jones in the 1st. That's 5 DB's in the 1st round, what other positional group have we drafted that high that often?

OL recently, sure, but that's only recently, not throughout the last 15 years, and that's pretty much it.
They traded down and got Williams and Jenkins was the 2nd 1st at the bottom of the round.

Jones was also at the bottom of the 1st.

And that's over a 12 year period.

Just in the division both Washington and the Giants have drafted 4 and we gained a draft pick when we drafted R Williams.

And we have drafted o-line in the 1st 3 out of the last 4 years so why don't we love them more now using this logic?

Jiggyfly

Banned
Barron?

Really?

Barron was a board darling as well but you are right Poe was getting the Hargraves and Ramsey treatment which goes back to my point.

Hargraves and Ramsey are rated high for a reason.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I think we go DL in the second this year. There will be a lot of talent there at 34.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Barron?

Really?

Yup. When we traded up to 6 I was hoping that's who we were targeting (Cox), but I knew we weren't.

Top Bottom