Archive - Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Len Passthejelly

dallen

Senior Tech
RANKING ALL 32 OFFENSIVE LINES THIS SEASON

1. Dallas Cowboys (1st)

Pass-blocking rank: 1st

Run-blocking rank: 1st

Penalties rank: 32nd

Stud: With studs at three spots on the line, it was hard picking a No. 1 guy. But left tackle Tyron Smith, our second-ranked lineman on the year, is that guy, with a tremendous season that has become the norm for him.

Dud: He was far from disappointing, but rookie La’el Collins was the weakest link on this line, simply by not being as good as the other guys on it.

Summary: That’s two years in a row atop our rankings for the Cowboys, who have reaped the rewards on their heavy investment in talent with first-round picks. All three of their former top picks graded in the top three at their respective positions, and even the less-heralded members were hardly poor. The Cowboys are our top offensive line for the second year in a row, and the truth is, it wasn’t even close.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2016/01/20/pro-ranking-all-32-offensive-lines-this-season/

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Penalties rank 32nd. Does that mean best or worst?
Think it could go either way without the author explaining. I don't really remember that many penalties but could be wrong.

dallen

Senior Tech
Free, Martin, and Smith had 25 penalties just between the 3 of them. Bernadeau, Collins, and Leary combined for another 8 at LG. Frederick only had 2.

Of course Witten had a bunch too which don't even count

Jiggyfly

Banned
PFF’S BEST RUN BLOCKER AWARD:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2016/01/14/pro-the-5-best-run-blockers-in-the-nfl-this-season/

First Runner-Up
Tyron Smith, LT, Dallas Cowboys

The Dallas offensive line is arguably the best run blocking group in the league, and they are led by LT Tyron Smith. In what was a career year for the 25-year-old, Smith had the second-most positive graded run blocks among tackles. In addition, he earned negative run block grades on just 7.9% of run plays, second-lowest among all players.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Free, Martin, and Smith had 25 penalties just between the 3 of them. Bernadeau, Collins, and Leary combined for another 8 at LG. Frederick only had 2.

Of course Witten had a bunch too which don't even count
Jesus. For players that are as good as they are, they shouldn't be this sloppy.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
When was the last time we signed a player to a futures contract that actually made the 53? Just curious, cause I don't know.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
When was the last time we signed a player to a futures contract that actually made the 53? Just curious, cause I don't know.
Not sure but it won't be any of these schlubs.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

So, we have more pro-bowlers than we had wins last year. Interesting.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
According to this site we were middle of the pack on holding calls and 2nd on number of false starts.

http://www.footballdb.com/stats/penalties.html?sort=fs
Holding I don't worry as much about. Holding is such a subjective thing. Half the time I think it gets called purely on the acting and bitching ability of the defense.

The false starts are bad. It's something that is completely avoidable. It's lost yardage for no good reason. That I put on Garrett and the coaching staff. Might also have something to do with the shitty pace at which we get plays called in and the length of time Romo spends at the line of scrimmage waiting for the clock to get to 1 second. The longer you make a lineman sit in their stance the more likely they are to jump early.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

So, we have more pro-bowlers than we had wins last year. Interesting.
More proof that the coaching was deplorable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom