LOL @ the Redskins

kidd

DCC 4Life
I wouldn't. That guy is a locker room disease.

Keep him far away from my team, please.
Oh. Ok.

I hadn't really heard anything about his locker room behavior. I mainly follow Dallas and that's about it.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Oh. Ok.

I hadn't really heard anything about his locker room behavior. I mainly follow Dallas and that's about it.
Not only his locker room behavior but his dad as well.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

dallen

Senior Tech
Washington's NFL team accidentally revealed it runs that 'fan' Twitter account supporting its name

By Rodger Sherman  @rodger_sherman on Dec 13, 2015, 3:17p 54

Whatever was remaining of the jig is now officially up.

Perhaps you are familiar with "Redskins Facts," a website and associated Twitter account providing information in support of Washington's NFL team being named the "Redskins." The site and account were founded in 2014, and are purportedly operated independently of the team itself. However, Sunday afternoon, the person in charge of the Twitter account slipped. Dan Steinberg of the Washington Post noticed that the team's official account and Redskins Facts simultaneously sent out an identical tweet correcting a previous tweet by the official account.

The account's bio still claims that Redskins Facts is "a growing online community of passionate Washington Redskins fans," but the jig is now officially up. We now know that at least one person running the "fan" account is also a person running the team's real account.

There have been questions about the validity and independence of the account in the past. The Washington Post's Fact Checker blog found the site was intentionally misleading. Slate found strong evidence that the website was made not by fans, but by a for-hire crisis management firm. The team's official stance when the site launched was a statement strongly implying, but neither confirming nor denying, that it was independently operated. But it will be even harder to argue that going forward.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/12/13/10034654/washington-redskins-facts-team-name

-------------------------------

:laff

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Jesus I hope the Packers go in and stomp the shit out of the Redskins this weekend. I don't know how much more I can take of the media slobbering all over Cousins knob with gems like "Cousins lead the way for the Redskins title to the NFC East" and now PFW ranking him 6th best QB in the playoffs. :lol

Lets ignore the fact that every other team imploded in the East, and the Redskins went 4-1 against teams who were a combined 29-51.

Add in the fact their running game has been virtually non-existent makes me not buy into the Redskins hype.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Jesus I hope the Packers go in and stomp the shit out of the Redskins this weekend. I don't know how much more I can take of the media slobbering all over Cousins knob with gems like "Cousins lead the way for the Redskins title to the NFC East" and now PFW ranking him 6th best QB in the playoffs. :lol

Lets ignore the fact that every other team imploded in the East, and the Redskins went 4-1 against teams who were a combined 29-51.

Add in the fact their running game has been virtually non-existent makes me not buy into the Redskins hype.
Feh. Don't care.

dallen

Senior Tech

I just hope Snyder buys into the Cousins hype and gives him a stupid extension.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Cousins has been good but I need to see much more of a sample size out of him before I think he's anything more than an Alex Smith, Ryan Tannehill, Andy Dalton, etc.

His completion % is through the roof because the vast majority of his throws are within 5-10 yards of the LOS, he doesn't really attack the intermediate areas it seems, his throws are either short dump offs or relatively safe bombs along the sidelines, of course with one of the better deep threats in the league. I can't say this for sure because it's not like I watch every single NFL game but it seems that he has had an inordinate amount of short passes taken long distances this year. I think he has had 2 or 3 screens taken 50-60+ yards this year, I can't really remember the Cowboys having a screen hit that type of gain in the last 10 years honestly.

Most of his production has come in the 2nd half of the year against some of the worst pass defenses in the league (Philly, Saints, Buffalo, etc.). I think he's a solid QB, a guy who can keep you competitive and who you can win with if you have a strong team around him but the fact of the matter is that they are only 9-7 in the worst division in football and they haven't beaten a team above .500. Of course once they give him 18-20 million a year after this season that will seriously inhibit their ability to build around him.

Even the Packers have been playing poor for damn near 2 months now, if they were to beat the Seahawks, Cardinals or Panthers then I'd be really impressed.

Basically, the guy has had like 4 or 5 huge games this year where has thrown about 16 or 17 TD's to 0 INT's, the majority of those games coming against horrendous defenses or teams that had basically quit at the end of the year. Aside from that his TD:INT ratio is more or less 1:1 because they run a very conservative offense with passes that are designed to be high percentage, low risk plays.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Cousins has been good but I need to see much more of a sample size out of him before I think he's anything more than an Alex Smith, Ryan Tannehill, Andy Dalton, etc.
Cousins has had an excellent year. I'm not going to knock the guy. I think he has a bad tendency to throw interceptions but this year he got that under control. Romo use to throw too many picks too but he eventually learned to limit them.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
The Packers have been struggling but they are still better than any of the teams the Redskins have played the last 5 or 6 weeks, and even then the lost to the Cowboys at home. Cousins has improved and played much better even against subpar competition. He probably is an Alex Smith type QB. I'll see if he chokes in the playoffs before I compare him to Dalton.

I think GB has a decent chance to beat them this week. If not, they should get waxed by the Cards.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

D

Deuce

They pretty much have to. Any decent QB is going to command top dollar and losing one cause you didn't pony up will set you back another decade.

UncleMilti

Staff member
:lol

UncleMilti

Staff member
They pretty much have to. Any decent QB is going to command top dollar and losing one cause you didn't pony up will set you back another decade.
No F'n way would I want to be the Skins right now. I wouldn't want to be forced to give up the farm for a guy who had 1 decent season, and even more reluctant to give up the farm for a guy who had 1 decent season against some of the worst defenses in the NFL.

Cousins was an INT machine the first part of the season then started playing better against shitty defenses, and I give the Packers credit...they harassed him all night and he missed throws and fumbled the ball. But I think Cousins is more like the QB everyone saw against the Packers vs the QB everyone saw against the bad defenses he faced.

2233boys

Not So New Member
No F'n way would I want to be the Skins right now. I wouldn't want to be forced to give up the farm for a guy who had 1 decent season, and even more reluctant to give up the farm for a guy who had 1 decent season against some of the worst defenses in the NFL.

Cousins was an INT machine the first part of the season then started playing better against shitty defenses, and I give the Packers credit...they harassed him all night and he missed throws and fumbled the ball. But I think Cousins is more like the QB everyone saw against the Packers vs the QB everyone saw against the bad defenses he faced.
Nick Foles Part II

Top Bottom