Training Camp Thread...

dallen

Senior Tech
If anyone else sees any more tweets about Byron Jones's MRI results please post them here. Thanks! ;)

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
So you're saying Claiborne for Mason has a chance :towel
Well if you're going to make a trade why not get a first hand look at their goods first and let them have a first hand look at yours. It's an easy way for both teams to find players they like on the other teams roster.

dallen

Senior Tech
Members who have read this thread: 62
Landry, lostxn, vince, VA Cowboy, Btoby312004, JMech, Carp, Kbrown, dallas0593, Clay_Allison, pdom, jig290, Daillest88, skidadl, kidd, UncleMilti, E_D_Guapo, arcticdiesel, Bluestar71, Donpingon, shoop, GShock, P_T, Angrymesscan, Chocolate Lab, ravidubey, marsbennett, fortsbest, jpizzle, Newt, Genghis Khan, 22cowboysfan22, Carl, Jiggyfly, 1bigfan13, peplaw06, NoDak, chevycowboys, BipolarFan, bbgun, Texas Ace, aceofspades, Rock Slamdance, boozeman, vtcowboy, p1_, Stars, townsend, dpf1123, thowolf9, Deuce, dallen, L.T. Fan, Cowboysrock55, GForce78NJ, Rev, jsmith6919, mcnuttz, Playmaker, mschmidt64, Iamtdg, Simpleton

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Byron Jones to get second opinion on shoulder
Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer

• [*=center]
OXNARD, Calif. -- Dallas Cowboys first-round pick Byron Jones will get a second opinion on his left shoulder that was injured during Sunday’s practice.

Jones did not practice on Monday against the St. Louis Rams, but after practice he said an MRI came back negative and he felt like he would not need a lot of time off to recover.

Cowboys executive vice president Stephen Jones said the team is confident Jones will be OK, but he had surgery on the shoulder last season at Connecticut.

“Obviously we’ve got a lot invested there and we want to make sure we do it right,” Stephen Jones said.

Byron Jones took part in the morning special teams’ walk-through. He suffered the injury in a collision with cornerback Morris Claiborne on a deep crossing route. He said he regained most of his strength not long after getting checked out by the doctors and has a full range of motion.

Jones took part in the Monday morning walk-through before getting the MRI.

“I was just worried about the shoulder because you don’t hit it that hard too often,” Byron Jones said. “I was worried, but after I got up and moved around a little bit I felt fine.”

Left guard Ronald Leary and defensive tackle Tyrone Crawford did not take part in practice because of back stiffness. This is the second time Leary has missed a practice in camp because of his back.

Safety Barry Church left practice early with rib cartilage issues that Stephen Jones said had been bothering him for a little bit. Ken Bishop also left practice early.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
:lol

Assholes.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Left guard Ronald Leary and defensive tackle Tyrone Crawford did not take part in practice because of back stiffness. This is the second time Leary has missed a practice in camp because of his back.

Safety Barry Church left practice early with rib cartilage issues that Stephen Jones said had been bothering him for a little bit. Ken Bishop also left practice early.
It's sad but I don't even take these injuries seriously anymore. It gets to the point where I think guys are sitting out of practice because of an "injury" when they really just want a little rest time.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
It's sad but I don't even take these injuries seriously anymore. It gets to the point where I think guys are sitting out of practice because of an "injury" when they really just want a little rest time.
Exactly. Dunbar is about the only player I think really had an issue.

The front office has made a decision that they're going to be extremely cautious and not take any chances with injuries. Question is, will so little practice time impact performance early in the year.

dallen

Senior Tech
I think Dallen is enjoying this. What's Jones' status, btw?
I've heard he might be getting a second opinion after his MRI came up negative. If anyone hears anything please update us here

Cotton

Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He's got his damn Hog Blinders on still. Disgusting. I hope Arkansas is never good at football again for that reason alone.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
:jerry

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
:picard

Cotton

Staff member

D

Deuce